Close

Thread: The wedding

Photos
    View albums

Default The wedding

I went to a wedding today. while i was happy for my friends getting amrried, i looked around to see if i was the only fat person in the party...yep, i was. the girls got together for a girl group shot and they left me out, one of the said "well, its for the ones wearing dresses, we didnt think you minded" if this doesnt makes sense im sorry, im so tired and it makes sense in my mind lol. *sigh* i been dieting and working out but 5 pounds in a month just...****s. Im hoping to find a doctor after the holidays to start. sounds silly but my husband doesnt think im "hot" my self confidence is shot. needed to vent and feel a little better hope everyone elses day was better than mine
    If it can't be eaten cold, i probably shouldn't try.

Started january 24 2011

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Awww Kimmie. I'm so sorry you've got the blues. I know it's so easy to get down when you feel people are treating you poorly because of your weight. And it's so easy to attach our self-esteem to our body image. Nearly every woman I know does it. Every woman who feels she is overweight, that I know, does it. If you can do this one thing it might be of some help. Please think about why you are posting on this forum; you are participating. You are talking to others of us who are in a similar boat as you. Are you doing this because you have made a decision to work toward feeling better about yourself through losing weight? Are you here because you are willing to be accountable for your food intake, your exercise, and your water consumption? I think you are. I think you're here because you want to feel better about you and for others to be more accepting. Many of us have the same issues and posting here to share your successes and struggles is a great way to realize how many of us there are! You have a great reason to be proud of yourself for being brave and posting your comments. I'm personally proud of you and I am here for you. If you can be objective and congratulate yourself for your bravery, I think, you too will feel pride in yourself. That little step of allowing yourself to feel that pride it can help keep you motivated when the blues hit. *hugs* ~Val

Photos
    View albums

hey val.

I dont know why but something told me to check ths before i head to work. thank you so much for your reply. you really made my day and i know now more than ever that i can do this! it was a low for me last night because i try so hard to be the girl people like and usually come off quite confidant but its a farce. i finally got some sleep so its almost not an issue today because i feel great lol. you really inspird me this morning. thank you again and i hope we can stay in touch

hugs back

Kimmie
    If it can't be eaten cold, i probably shouldn't try.

Started january 24 2011

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you so much Kimmie for your kind remarks. It's kind of funny ya know? I saw that you were in pain, and tried to remind you of why you should value yourself and feel pride. You, in return, made me feel validated and appreciated, and that, too, is helping me feel valuable and pride in myself. These forums allow us to be completely honest with each other, and in communicating our feelings we can help each other feel validated and worthwhile. It seems so many of us have weight issues that stem often from that very lack of validation and feeling worthwhile. I'm glad we had this exchange because it just further illustrates for me how much psychological states hamper our efforts or hinder us. I accepted your friend request, and yes I wish to keep in touch. You're an honest person and that is such a brave thing in today's world!! *hugs* ~Val

Photos
    View albums

Hi Kimmie,
    Im so pleased youre feeling better today x x Im not very good with words....also I think Valearie said it wonderfully, so i will leave it but please remember youre not alone on this journey.
    Take care
    Emma x
    Trying To Hitch A Lift To Skinnyville

SW: 180lbs - First Day on Phen 10/01/11
    CW: 176lbs
    GW: 137 lbs