Close
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Will my family notice my weight loss?

Hi, I'm really nervous...

I lost 24 pounds since August 14.
    I'm going to visit my family (which I haven't seen since July)
    I don't want them to be like ''I thought you were in a diet'' or something like that ...

how long did it take you guys for people to notice your weight loss?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

For me it usually takes a little while, and a big drop, it really all depends on the numbers and where your supposed to be as well as how long it took you to drop the weight. I started off at 261, now 232 and my MIL just noticed. Last time I was on this journey it seemed like most people noticed when I was around 200-195lbs and lower( I look good around 175-180) because they hadnt seen me that small in so long. Also I dropped over 10 lbs in my first 2 weeks, now obviously that was mainly water, so no one was going to notice how much water I lost in my organs. I also tend to lose my waist and upper body first, so its not always noticeable, so consider where you lose. I'm sure since they havent seen you in a while they will notice. If they dont, do not get upset, you dont have to prove anything to anyone, you know you are eating right and exercising. Plus it might be a big motivator to get even more weight off before you see them again.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Hlost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by alykat06 View Post
    For me it usually takes a little while, and a big drop, it really all depends on the numbers and where your supposed to be as well as how long it took you to drop the weight. I started off at 261, now 232 and my MIL just noticed. Last time I was on this journey it seemed like most people noticed when I was around 200-195lbs and lower( I look good around 175-180) because they hadn't seen me that small in so long. Also I dropped over 10 lbs in my first 2 weeks, now obviously that was mainly water, so no one was going to notice how much water I lost in my organs. I also tend to lose my waist and upper body first, so its not always noticeable, so consider where you lose. I'm sure since they havent seen you in a while they will notice. If they dont, do not get upset, you dont have to prove anything to anyone, you know you are eating right and exercising. Plus it might be a big motivator to get even more weight off before you see them again.
    Reading this made me feel so much better, I just feel weird, I've been on a diet before i went from 213 to 150.. then gained all back even more after my depression, so I'm just really stressed and anxious at times. (specially before I PMS). The only difference I see is how my clothes fit now, I have really big hips and now they seem to be shrinking. I've been loosing 3 pounds a week since i started phen, the only time I lost 5 in 1 week is when I was sick with pneumonia. my weight last saturday was 220, I'm going to the dr again on saturday and hopefully ill be 218...(I started @ 244)

thank you so much again

Photos
    View albums

I feel you on the big hips! My big hips are about 15 inches larger than my waist, so yeah its hard for people to notice the loss because it takes so long for the hips to shrink. I acctually hate the process of getting to a lower weight because my upper body always looks tiny and my hips stick out making me look big, the big booty and thighs dont help lol. Last time I was very self concious about myself as I lost weight, but this time (because I as well gained all of it back plus more while pregnant) my goal is to just get back to 185 and lower no matter what, and finally be able to pull out the tub full of smaller clothes that I no longer fit in right now. My clothes are more loose too, and thats a great sign, but I really dont expect others to notice the loss yet, I have to wait til I get down much lower.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Hlost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by alykat06 View Post
    I feel you on the big hips! My big hips are about 15 inches larger than my waist, so yeah its hard for people to notice the loss because it takes so long for the hips to shrink. I acctually hate the process of getting to a lower weight because my upper body always looks tiny and my hips stick out making me look big, the big booty and thighs dont help lol. Last time I was very self concious about myself as I lost weight, but this time (because I as well gained all of it back plus more while pregnant) my goal is to just get back to 185 and lower no matter what, and finally be able to pull out the tub full of smaller clothes that I no longer fit in right now. My clothes are more loose too, and thats a great sign, but I really dont expect others to notice the loss yet, I have to wait til I get down much lower.

Yeah, I shouldn't even try to impress people because I'm doing this for myself. this week I just lost 1 pound, I feel so bad but at the same time I'm more motivated to go and do more exercise
    how tall are you>?