Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi all I am a new user of Phentermine. Id also like to add I am a prescribed user. The doc says im only allowed 3 months and no more.I am 445 pound at 6 foot 3 and 28 years old so that kind of sUx.
    first question ... After the 3 months what will it be like coming off of these things?

Now my side effects Good and bad.
    Please comment with help about the bad ones if you can. and the good ones if you want to share.

Good effects:
    Extremely increased energy.
    Lost 5 pounds in these first 4 days ive been on it.
    More talkative.
    More active.
    No more eating binges.
    Increased sex drive.
    Decreased appetite.
    Helps me feel like im finaly gonna be in control of my weight ..

Bad effects:
    with the increased energy came no sleep (I slept a total of 9 hours the first three days then cut down to 1/2 and finaly slept a full night last night.)

Being more talkative is freaking the people around me out .. look at me like im a meth head.

Dialated eyes .. look at me like im a meth head.
    and i have to blink more and focus my vision on things (squint alot more)

Decreased appetite turned into looking at food like it would make me sick .. weird .. now have to force myself to eat.

Decreased urine flow .. the urge to pee hits real bad .. i mean very bad and then when i go pee i have to push and force it out hoping none runs down onto my clothes.

3 months: the control will only last that long .. i wont take them if they arent prescribed.

Now that i have the increased sex drive my wife thinks im getting perverted because i want it ALLLL the time. LoL

After cutting down to 1/2 of 37.5 per day everything is the same except the sleeping.

My hands , feet , and nose get ice cold .. all the time.

Very spontaneous belching.

Constipation.

All of this is only after 4 days. if soomeone could give me any advis on anything i mentioned above.. Good or bad, or you just want to comment, PLEASE DO SO.

Before you ask .. I drink a ton of Propel water . like 8 16 ounce bottles a day. I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast , 1/2 hour after takin the Phen. I eat 2 apples and 1 orange and 1 bell pepper everyday for lunch.

I also want to add .. I myself have tried Methamphetamine before ..years ago.. and the heady energised feeling and some of the effects are EXACTLY THE SAME as the Phen is making me feel.

Please reply
    The Watcher Who Sits Idly By, Knows More Than The Do'er And Also Why.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

hello cantthinkofaname i have been on phen now for almost 2 months now and i have expierenced some of the same things as you have like:

more energy - yes i finally have more energy and its great.

i have lost a total of 19 pounds so far so thats good i am half way to my goal

i havent noticed being more talkative (but i talk alot already)

i have had an increase in my sex drive and my boyfriend loves it ha ha (i think some ppl have a decrease so i have read)

the sleep thing will go away i had the same thing happen to me i would fall asleep around 10 wake up at 2 and was ready to party lol i wasnt ever tired though but i know that i needed the sleep sometimes i will have restless nights but the sleep thing will go away and you should be able to sleep better in a couple of weeks

i still have cold hands and cold feet they are cold all the time its crazy.

i sometimes still have to force myself to eat but its not all the time.

my eyes never were dialated and the urine thing didnt happen but the constipation did and it still does bother me b/c i am not as regular as i use to be (sorry if thats gross) so i take a stool softner and if that doesnt help i will take a laxative (i've only had to take a laxative once)

and i havent belched anymore than usual.

just a suggestion i know that water is really really important and maybe you can switch or do half propel and half water? if you can bare it i know some ppl cant stand to drink it.

well i hope i answered/helped with some of your questions everyone is differnt w/ the phen. so good luck w/ everything and i hope you have great success w/ the phen.
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. -Albert Einstein

Photos
    View albums

My side effects are:
    increased energy
    dry mouth
    chewing on the inside of my left cheek
    cold hands and feet
    increased sex drive

I couldn't stand the smell of Wendy's french fries at first and they used to be my fave. Since starting the phen, I can't stand the thought of Chinese food either.

I had trouble sleeping the first 2 nights when I started. I take 37.5mgs. I've also had constipation once.

Hubby was also taking 37.5mgs. Our doc is weaning him off the pills now. He takes 1 pill a day for 2 weeks, then 1/2 a pill for 2 weeks. He lost around 30lbs. She had him on them for 3 months and he reached 200 lbs. She's told him if he gets to 215 and wants to start again, to give her a call.

His side effects were:
    increased energy
    increased sex drive
    chewing on the tip of his tongue
    constipation <once>

Neither of us noticed a decrease in urine flow, but we drink alot of water.

Both of us has the dilated eyes.

We both found that chewing gum helps with the chewing inside the mouth.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

well thanx for replying you 2.
    yes sunshine the sleep has gotten better for me now .. the other things are still there.
    the only one that really bothers me is the dialated eyes now. as for the water i will try it .. i was just doing the propel for all the B12 vitamins.
    thanx again.

lafinatu thanc for the tip about the gum.. i just recently started nibbling at my jaw a bit and that helped.. LoL

again , thanx for replying .. it is good to know people actually talk on here and can share what we go through.

Photos
    View albums

you're welcome cantthinkofaname!!!! you can always pm me if you have any other questions i will be happy to help or answer anything that i can!!!! Good luck w/ everything!!!
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. -Albert Einstein

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

ok i been on phen for a little over 2 weeks now .. Sunshine the sleep is better now .. alot better. loL
    I sleep for like 11 hours OMG. Ive lost 11 pounds so far and the stretch marks are startin to show and wrinkle LMAO.
    I noticed today that half a pill is starting to wear off late at night so i am gonna have to start taking the whole 37.5.
    My sex drive is still extremely high.
    eyes still dialate .. though not as bad. We will see with a whole pill tomorrow.. loL
    the constipation is gone.
    still have the low urine flow.
    hand and feet still cold.. though I've learned that this is because of the increased blood flow the arteries are a little smaller from the blood circulating through faster.
    I am getting more and more active as the days go by. and loving it!!

Sunshine if i think of a question i will take you up on teh PM!! .. but you can PM me anytime as well!!
    Thank you and good luck!!

Photos
    View albums

cantthinkofaname---CONGRATS on the weightloss it's so exciting seeing the weight to start to come off....
    suggestion---have you measured yourself? i only ask b/c i regret not doing so when i started. i know i have lost inches b/c when i use to weigh what i weigh now my clothes were tight on me and now they aren't. you might want to if you havent started...but you dont have to its just a suggestion

glad that you are sleeping better... i hated that side effect...although some nights i still cant sleep but its not very often...i think it usually happens on the days that i drink coke... i have noticed that i cant sleep on those nights.

i still have the cold hands and feet...i actually have cold hands and feet at this very moment.

the ENERGY is awesome and i am glad to hear you are having more....i can now finally work out better....when i first started taking the phen i was scared to work out b/c my heart was racing so bad...i could barely walk up 6 steps with out feeling my heart was gonna jump outta my chest. but all is good now

GOOD LUCK with everything!!!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Seems like you've gotten some good advice about the other stuff, but I wanted to add that though your doctor said he'd only give it to you for 3 months you might ask if they'll let you do a 3 months on 3 months off program where you alternate every 3 months. This is what I am on, since I am unlikely to lose all the weight I need to in just 3 months. It will keep you from becoming long term resistant to it, and not allow a long term addiction if that is why they are limiting it to 3 months.

Worth a shot to ask, with more than a few lbs to lose 3 months and then nothing seems like a tease.

Photos
    View albums

Congrats to all that have lost weight. I haven't had alot of side effects other than dry mouth and constipation at times. My fiancee has been on Phen for a week now and he is having the urine problem in the original post. Says he has to force it out but when it hits him, the urge hits hard..then he has to force it out so it's bugging him out alittle. Any advice for me to give him? Does this effect wear off after some time?

Been on Phen since Dec 1st, 2006
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 199 (Dec 1, 2006), Goal Weight: 140-145
    Current Weight: 176 (Jan 19)
    Current Weight: 165.5 (Mar 22)
    Current Weight: 158.5 (June 8)

Beginning Measurements: 42-37-47
    Current Measurements:32-31-39
    Thighs: 23.5

Starting Jean Size: 16 (Dec 1, 2006)
    Current Jean Size: 9/10 (July 9)
    GOAL Jean Size: 8

Starting Wedding Dress Size: 16W
    WHOO HOO! I made it!!!
    GOAL Wedding Dress Size: 10

Before 200lbs:

After 160:

You a gamer?? ********** dot com

My favorite: LOTR Online - Stryiker, Bane of the Barrows

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Yes i found a solution for the urine flow prob.
    Water pills. Who would have thunk it? LoL

The water flow makes the production of urine higher and flow stronger.. Make sure you take enough potassium with it and drink LotS of water!

I've been doing that for 4 days now and am happy to be rid of the urine side effect.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the answer! I'm going to forward the information to him. How many water pills a day do you take? In addition I will make sure he drinks ALOT of water.

Been on Phen since Dec 1st, 2006
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 199 (Dec 1, 2006), Goal Weight: 140-145
    Current Weight: 176 (Jan 19)
    Current Weight: 165.5 (Mar 22)
    Current Weight: 158.5 (June 8)

Beginning Measurements: 42-37-47
    Current Measurements:32-31-39
    Thighs: 23.5

Starting Jean Size: 16 (Dec 1, 2006)
    Current Jean Size: 9/10 (July 9)
    GOAL Jean Size: 8