Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Angry

I am a 34 year old male who has always been a typical happy guy. I started taking phentermine about three weeks ago. During this time I have noticed that I have become emotional (which I have never really showed emotions before) and extremely angry to the point of aggression. I have discontinued using the drug but wondered if anyone else has experienced these side effects together & if so, how long did it take you to get over them.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Phentermine did that to me a couple years ago. I wanted to kill people.lol I am taking phendimetrazine and it hasnt happened yet. But to be honest alot of "diet pills" do that to alot of people in my experience. Tammy

Photos
    View albums

I stopped taking it for that reason. I seemed to have a shorter temper....been off for almost 3yrs and I dont think I went back to normal though...????

Photos
    View albums

i have noticed since i have been taking phentermine that i have became more emotional also and more angry. im usually in a good mood and nothing usually makes me mad but i get frustrated very easy
    starting over
    Height 5'0
    SW ( 07/20/07 )168.9
    CW ( 07/30/07 )

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm beyond angry, I have gone off the deep end with fighting with people the littlest thing bothers me like when the phone rings, I freak out and get so pissed because the ring is annoying me. I even shut off my cell phone because it annoyed me that I could be found.

I find it funny but I am enjoying the time alone being I scared off all my friends...lol ehh who needs em anyway if they were true friends they would have known it was the pills talking.
    12/05 172
    1/2/06 started Phen 168
    2/2/06 158
    3/2/06 147 stopped phen
    3/06-11/06 kept it off no problems, even thru divorce and mother's death.
    11/09/06 stopped smoking
    11/15/06 159 (yeah 12 pounds gained in 6 days)
    11/15/06 Dr put me back on Phen
    12/2/06 153
    12/8/06 147.5
    12/19/06 152.5 TOM
    1/1/07 stopped phen
    stayed at 155 for a month, then the weight gain fest started.
    From mid-february to July 1st I shot up to 187 pounds. I wish I never stopped smoking.
    7-1-07 started phen AGAIN 187 pounds I have never been this big.
    7-14-07 181 pounds

GW per Dr. 135
    Personal GW 130

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I thought I was going crazy. My husband has been complainingthat I havechanged and I am always angry and I have become extremely moody. I cry all the time, I am suspicious of people and I think or feel that people are talking bad about me all the time. I have been taking the phen on/off since Nov. 16 2006. I have lost a total of 38.8 pounds. Sacred to stop though because of the possibility of gaining it back. BUT I will try my best to keep it off.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have not experienced that. You should check with your doctor and see what he says. Maybe you need to switch to a different ** or a lower dose? My main side effect is fidegity-ness, I am constantly picking at my fingers.

CW 135 4/28/07

Photos
    View albums

I have been on phen for 5 weeks and yes seems like I could cry at a drop of a hat (which is not me) but i am have been off phen for 2 days because I did not feel like it was suppressing at all and today has been bad like worse than any PMS and I was actually going to post a reply on this because I seriously feel like I could just attack someone, i live in Indiana and we are finallt getting some beautiful weather and I am in a horrible mood and on edge I asume it is some type of withdrawl yest was not like this at all but everything is irriting me. has anyone else had this?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yesterday I did get irriated, but I also switched my birth control, so I can't tell. I took a walk, took a nap and felt better come evening.

CW 136 4/29/07

Photos
    View albums

I can totally tell a difference in my mood. I'm bad about taking phen for a few days then taking a few days off to make the prescription go longer (my dr said 2 months). On the days that I don't take the phen I'm better but STARVING!!!!

50 pounds in 11 weeks is worth being moody, it's strange b/c the weight loss puts me in a better mood. I actually enjoyed shopping a few days ago.

Jamie
    start - 294
    wk 1 - 284.6
    wk 2 - 285.6
    wk 3 - 279.8
    wk 4 - 276.8
    wk 5 - 268.8
    wk 6 - 263.6
    wk 7 - 262
    wk 8 - 255
    wk 9 - 252
    wk10 - 249
    wk11 - 245
    wk12 - 241
    wk13 - 237
    wk14 - 233
    wk15 - 235
    wk16 - 227
    wk17 - 227 (TOM)
    wk18 - 225
    wk19 - 222
    wk20 - 219
    SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Well,

I guess I'm not in this mood thing alone. The first 5 weeks, I cleaned, eat right and lost 14 lbs. Felt great. Now, I'm exhausted, don't want to leave the house and constant headaches. I quit celexa within a week of taking Phen and thought that made such a difference. Now I don't know what's going on.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb

I have been taking Duromine (Australian version of Phentermine) on and off for about 8 years.. I have found that I am now extremely moody, irritable, snappy and angry all the time..especially towards my new partner (who is so supportive all the time and is 100% an angel of a man to me)
    I badly want to come off them as now they are only giving me a slight amount of energy and Im having sleepless nights and my appetite has returned (and im on the highest dose of 40 mg)

I am desperately trying to find an alternative to it which wont give me all them nasty side effects of being so moody and angry..
    I am told of a natural alternative to it called Phentramin. The main effects of Phentramin are weight loss and increased energy. However, the side effects such as dry mouth, sleeplessness or irritability are usually short term and cease as the body adjusts to Phentramin.
    Im still looking into it as I really want to get off the Duromine and find a good alternative.

I am told also, that the Duromine can cause long term effects that are very difficult to get rid of and that antidepressants are the way to go?

Anyone else know about this?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by KattyKat View Post
    I'm beyond angry, I have gone off the deep end with fighting with people the littlest thing bothers me like when the phone rings,
    OMG that is FUNNY!!!! I thought I was the only one that took it to that level. Our phone rang the other day and my wife gave me this look because I kept cussing the phone. I really wish I could get my MOOD/ANGER/ATTITUDE under control. If a person looks at me I just want to freaking knock them out. My fuse is always lit.....I no longer have a SHORT fuse. I have no fuse at all....

Photos
    View albums

it's called Phen rage, and it usually only lasts for a few weeks. I've been on Phen for 3 months and the only time I get mad now is around TOM.
    Wearing these white jeans today...12/28/09..but man are they TIGHT!!

Photos
    View albums

my dr perscribes phentermine with lexapro to decrese the adverse emotional isues

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Why on and off again

Quote Originally Posted by KattyKat View Post
    I'm beyond angry, I have gone off the deep end with fighting with people the littlest thing bothers me like when the phone rings, I freak out and get so pissed because the ring is annoying me. I even shut off my cell phone because it annoyed me that I could be found.

I find it funny but I am enjoying the time alone being I scared off all my friends...lol ehh who needs em anyway if they were true friends they would have known it was the pills talking.
    I noticed on your weight loss scale, you were taken off and then put back on by your dr. Is this normal that a dr. would put you back on, is this that type of drug, where every now and then you get put back on it?

Troyal147