Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Everyone!

I'm a 50 yr old female who's been trying to loose weight to combat rising blood pressure (an weight!) I'm currently medicated for the BP, but my DR. said it could be possible to get off the medicine if I lost weight.

A significant amount of my weight gain (40# in 10 years) has come from "middle age spread". Alot of it is from becoming more sedindary. I can (and have!) changed the latter, but have no control over the former.

Question: Could a person on BP medication take Phentermine?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I don't think so. I think you are at a risk for increased bp on phen.
    June 2003 SW 162
    Sept 2003 153 (Meridia)
    Dec 2003 145 (weight watchers)
    Feb 2004 137 (WW/Phen weekends)
    Mar 2004 135 (WW/Phen weekends)
    Sept 2006 176 (threw myself a pity party)
    Feb 2010 182 (starting Phen again...fingers crossed)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have high blood pressure and take phentermine (37.5 mg per day). My doctor and I worked on bringing my blood pressure down to a point he felt safe giving me the phen. After a couple months on my increased BPO med, I was able to try the phen. I had to go back to the doc every month for a couple months to get my BP checked before he'd give me a refill, but my BP has held in the perfect range and the weight is melting off. I have dropped around 50 pounds since starting 6 months ago.
    The important thing is to work with your doctor and make sure to tell him/her the truth and follow their advice. Nothing better than being told that you dropped 8 pounds since your last visit!