Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I started on Phentermine on May 8th. The past few days I have not had a bowel movement and I feel very very sluggish. Has this happened to anyone else? I am drinking quite a bit of water so I don't believe I'm dehydrated. Any suggestions for products to use to alieve my situation? I've never used anything lime Metamucil or similar products. I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Nikki

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

The same thing happened to me . I started eating more fruit (strawberrys and pineapples) eating cereal with wheat > and took lax could not take that yuke feeling. I started drinking more water this week (trying 100 oz daily) it is helping.

5'2"
    sw 225.8
    cw 210.4 - june 12, 2006
    cw 210 - june 20,2006
    cw 207 - june 29
    cw 205-july 7th
    gw 120 - 130

Photos
    View albums

I usually take Correctol for Women when I ahve that problem. Good luck.
    BRITTANY

HW: 218
    CW: 172
    GW: 150

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

It's also been suggested to me to get more fiber on a regular basis. Correctol might work as a fix right now but I'd like to find a more permanent fix.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi tivofan.
    i have had really bad cases of constipation while on phen, and the only things i have found to work was eating ALOT!!! of grapes (green) OR
    taking a stool softener called COLACE, the colace
    really! help they work better then the grapes but
    if you want to try something without taking any
    med's, try grapes. or if you want to try something that will help you alittel bit better
    go for the colace, by the way its not just a stool softener, it also gives you rellef from constipation and it dont hurt your tummy as much
    as the other med's do...well i hope you feel better soon, i understand how bad it is to feel that way. but you'll do better soon. good luck!

Photos
    View albums

You are not alone! I was so frustrated that I took laxative (generic from Wal-mart)to help me! Yes, stool softner also helps!

Long live Tivo! My family can't live without it!
    Height 5'6" Age 33

4/22/2006 SW 178lb
    4/25 3 days Apple detox -5 lbs
    5/16 173 (start Phen, appetite blocked immediately!!)
    5/22 171 (-2 lb in 7 days)
    5/24 170 (-1 lb)
    5/25 168 (-2 lb)
    6/2 166.5 (-1.5lb)
    6/3 164.5 (-2 Apple diet Day 1)
    6/6 163 (-1.5 Apple diet Day 2)
    6/7 161.5 (-1.5 Apple diet Day 3)
    6/8 160 (-1.5 End of Apple diet)

** Reached 1st GW! Lost 19 pounds!**

6/21 159 (-1 breaking plateau)
    6/22 158.5 (-.5 dropping again)
    6/27 157 (-1.5 lb)
    6/28 156.5 (-.5 lb Start Apple Diet Round 3)
    6/29 155 (-1.5 lb Apple Diet Day 2)
    6/30 154 (-1 lb Apple Day 3 + Colon Hydrotherapy today, TOM started this evening)
    7/7 154 (finally de-bloated)

1st GW 160 Achieved
    2nd GW 150
    Final GW 145 lb by 8/23/06 Trip
    Dare to Dream weight: 135 lb

Photos
    View albums

Be careful with the stool softeners, because they eventually stop working or even worse you can become dependant on them. Has anyone tried Metamucil? You know the kind you stir into water?
    "The foolish man shuts his ears, and opens his mouth..."

I'm 5'8 and...
    HW 220! summer 05
    SW 201
    CW 199 6/6/06
    CW 198 6/8/006
    GW- any weight that will allow me to be a size 8 (140ish)

Photos
    View albums

Hi!
    I heard that taking flax seed oil can help. I am going to try it today. Those other laxatives can be dangerous

Photos
    View albums

Yes... Flaxseed oil has MANY benefits, including helping with softening your stools. Also, get some ground flaxseed (you can find it at health food stores, or anywhere that sells food/baking items in bulk bins). It works best if eaten raw. You can mix it in a smoothie or coffee drink, but it kind of makes it taste funny. The fastest and easiest way to take it for me is to get a teaspoonful and chew it up. Swallow it down with some water. It tastes like grass, but that is the quickest way to get it over with and it really does help. After it gets in your stomach, it swells up to help push out your stool. And since you are taking it raw, all the oils do not release until they are in your bowels, so the oils help lube up your insides which help in the softening and release of your stool. If you take it daily, it will rid you of all the feces in your intestines. I really hope that helps you.

Note: information found in "The 3 hour diet by Jorge Cruise" a very informative book on healthy eating and nutrition.
    With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Photos
    View albums

Hey guys,

this is the best fiber you can take while on phen or not. It really cleans without harsh laxative or diuretic side effects. Dr. Natura check it out at http://www.drnatura.com/colonix_fiber.php

Because the stuff we burn off and all that stuff that needs to be eliminated especially on a diet has to come out on a daily basis. I can not use the whole program cause I dont eat that much anyways then it would really start getting too much ) but just the fiber is gentle enough and effective. Also helps with the skin problems associated with taking Phen (I have them anyways :-(

Also I think eating so much fruit hinders weight loss a little - but thats just me
    [URL="http://[URL="]http:// [img]http://www.extrapounds.com/tracker.bmp/61

Photos
    View albums

I would have to agree with gizmobaby. I did the whole drnutura program last april and lost 17 lbs. The fiber is awesome. Site is not for the squemish! The whole program cleans out your colon and eliminates parasites and like it or not we all have them!! Check it out though.
    I am 5'8"
    SW 301 1/16/07 DR.(fully clothed of course)
    started phen 1/19/07
    SW 294
    CW 288 1/22/07
    GW 180 whenever it happens!
    pictures available on my space til I get them here!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I take flax oil. They look like horse pills but they are really really good for you and act as a natural lubricant so you won't have that problem.