Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Talking

Hello i have fibromyalgia and have for the last few year suffered with the pain.I Hated gettin out of bed in the mornings and just pretty much hated life. I started phentermine a week ago now and within a few hours of starting it i stopped hurting and have had more good ( really great ) days than bad for the first time in a couple of years. I am sure there is something in this med that is helping but can't figure out what. I take no pain meds now and no anti inflammatory meds. Just wondering if anyone else has had this great side effect from phentermine, Oh and i have now lost 5 lbs,

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Maybe I know this post was quite a while ago but I'm hoping your see my reply. I was just curious when you started the phen did you really decrease the Carbs? I've been dx'd with FMS for about 7 years now it got so bad I couldn't walk at all. I read the Atkins book and the first part talked about carb addiction. The symptoms were almost idenical to FMS. So I tried the low-carb diet and within 2 weeks I went from not being able to walk or function at all, to going to the state fair and riding everything there for 12 straight hours! Cool huh?
    ~Diana~
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 325
    Current Weight: 174 (Started Adkins & Phentermine 1-13-06)
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hello out there anyone? When I began phentermine, I told my doctor it eased my pain too. I have RA and Fibromyalgia. Isn't that something wonderful to not feel so stiff and sore?

Photos
    View albums

Dianawolls, I have heard that a low carb diet will help with Fibromyalgia too!
    [img=http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/32835395.gif]
    SW 194 lbs.June 2005
    CW 140 lbs.Feb 2006
    GW 125 lbs.April 2006

ACTS 2:37-39

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Talking

Hi, I started Phentermine 6 mo. ago and have been taking Paxil for 14 years for the pain of Fibromyalgia. I take Phentermine first thing in the morning and don't eat for 2 hourss, then eat something and take my Paxil so there is no adverse effect. I have lost 30 pounds so far. I have what I call "NORMAL" energy levels for my age now. It feels great to feel like doing things again, like gardening and walking an hour a day. Has anyone taken Phentermine for a long period of time without problems?

Photos
    View albums

my mother has fibromyalgia and just started taking phentermine..she feels the best she has in a long time!!!!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default FMS

:HI,

I WAS DIAG. WITH FMS 6 YRS AGO. I HAVE TRIED MOST EVERYTHING, DO TAKE MEDS FOR THE PAIN, DEPRESSION, ETC,
    I WAS VERY CONCERNED THE PHENTERMINE COULD CAUSE MY FMS TO FLARE-UP, BUT SURPRISINGLY, I FEEL GREAT! I AM MORE ENERGIZED AND NOT SO FATIGUED. I HAVE LESS PAIN, AND AM LESS DEPRESSED!
    MY ONLY ISSUE IS I'M NOT SLEEPING AS WELL, BUT IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH TO OUTWEIGH THE GOOD I FEEL.
    AND I AM LOSING WEIGHT!!

BY THE WAY MY DAUGHTER IS RILEYKING1 ABOVE:

Photos
    View albums

i have fibromyalgia and CFS all due from epstein barr which gave me mono back when i was about 9 yrs old and drank after my older sister. my pain set in a few months later and has never gone away. it took my mother years to realize i was telling her the truth about that pain and finally went to the doctor.

my fibro gets soo bad sometimes i cannot help but cry, scream, i cannot move, or walk without wanting to rip off limbs, pain killers barely work.

mine seems to cycle too. ill be pain free for a few weeks, then bam hits like a ton of bricks and crying on the bed unable to move for a week or two straight. this week is one of those weeks. yesterday i couldnt even go to work. i couldnt move. i hurt so bad i was crying. every joint, muscle, tissue, down to the hairs on my head just ached, throbbed, ugh. right now its happening but yesterday it was horrid. one of hte worst in a long time.

before starting phen, i discovered supplementing with BCAA (branch chain amino acids) SIGNIFIGANTLY reduced the pain i would have .. heck it was down to manageable levels and barely noticeable anymore. as soon as i ran outta bcaas it came back full force!! so i got more bcaas frombodybuilding.com brand supplement direct $11.99, iput one scoop in my morning protein shake, and bam i felt great again.. well i noticed the first week on phen the pain started coming back. and im thinking but the bcaas!! well from what i saw about the side effects phen can cause muscle pain. hence the b12 injection trying to side track it. so starting tommorrow im increasing my bcaas to 2x a day. and see what happens. im in alot of pain now and nothing has helped.

if phen is making ur pain go away ur lucky.. wish it were me.
    "In everything you do, you’re going to hit a wall, where you’re exhausted, frustrated, and you just want to quit…
    It’s what you do after that moment that makes the difference. "

Photos
    View albums

One reason the Phen works so well with people who have FMA is because it affects the norepinephrine in the brain, a natural pain inhibitor. Much the same way as the drug Cymbalta affects it.

Therein lies the elevated mood, increased energy, reduction of pain, etc.

Phen was originally formulated for depression.

Just Breathe...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I know exactly what your talking about with the Phen helping body hurts. When I started taking it, 37.5 mg., within a day or so my poor old knees which hurt so bad while I'm trying to work, just felt like I'd had them replaced with new ones!!! I didnt know if it was the phen or merely losing a pound or so but it felt fantastic. I took phen for a month but got off of it cause I didnt feel appetite wise it wasnt working as good as when I started. Let me tell you, the appetite came back as well as knee pain and I am definitely going back on the phen soon as possible. I hate to be so dependant on them though but maybe I should take them a couple months at least and it will help "train" me with how to eat better. But yea, something in the phen works very well for body pains.