Close

Thread: HUNGRY! HELP!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default HUNGRY! HELP!

Hi, I'm new here....

I've been on Phentermine since March 24th and have lost 18 lbs. I'm quite happy with that but I'm not so sure that the Phentermine is helping. I'm hungry all the time! I never get the feeling that I don't want to eat. I don't get the jolt of energy either. Actually, I don't feel like I've taken anything. I'm going to the Bariatrics Center so I know I'm getting the real meds. I'm also getting a vitamin B-12 & B-6 shot every day.

They first started me on 30mg (yellow capsule). It did nothing for me. Then they told me to take 2 a day. One in the morning & one late afternoon. Still nothing. In the meantime, I'm starving because I'm only on 1200 calories. Then they switched me from the yellow capsule to Adipex which is Phentermine in pill form 37.5mg. They told me to take 1/2 in the morning & 1/2 in the afternoon. Still nothing's happening. Then They told me to take 1/2 pill 3 times a day. That was a little better but I'm still hungry. Now, I'm taking 1/2 in the morning & a whole pill around 4:00 in the afternoon. I'm still hungry! I'm afraid that I'm going to go on a binge & gain back what I've lost. I just ate a handful of gummy bears...help!

Another thing...I'm freezing all the time! The only way I can get warm is to take a hot shower or go for a ride in the car & turn the heat up full blast. Is this normal or should I be worried? I asked the nurse today if it could be the Phentermine & she said she didn't think so but it could be. Anypne have a similar experience?

Thanks!
    JennPhen

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I started 37.5mg on March 30th. I have lost 10 lbs since March 24th so I am not sure how many of these lbs are from the Phen. People ask me daily if I feel hungry and I have trouble answering. I wouldn't say I am starving but I have that feeling in my stomach that you get just before it starts growling. That kina burny, bubbly feeling. I didn't have this feeling before Phen, but I am not sure it is hunger. Food is really not appealing to me right now, so I am managing to not over eat but keep wondering if these pills are making me hungry instead of not.

Weird you mentioned that you are cold. I am freezing! Not just cold, but to the bone cold, shivers and all. At the rare times I am not cold I sweat. I thought it was from the phen but I could not find it as a side effect anywhere.

Photos
    View albums

Yep- I get cold sometimes, too.
    Are you eating nutritious foods and eating at least 1000-1200 calories per day?
    Are you drinking tons of water?
    Are you sure you are physically hungry or could it be you are used to eating more often or is it an emotional hunger?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default dear hungry

i am on 30 phen one in morning. how are you sleeping taking it so late in the day...i only get hungry when i am pmsing...i still eat less in quanity though. Phen makes me hot...my face gets hot and i am hot...strange you are cold. if i was you i would take 2 in the morning and let it go at that..ask your doctor if you could do that..sounds like you need a bigger jolt all at once..i drink one cup of coffee in the morning and take a bite of something. usually chicken or some sort of meat. like 2 ounces. i am not hungry till lunch. V-8 is helpful if you are always hungry. or raw carrots. I eat a decent lunch and then dont want anything until dinner ...i watch my quantity. maybe it would be better if you ate a little all the time instead of starving yourself. phen works on food. i get a rush after i eat.
    lost 10 pounds in one month so far.
    Tara
    C1gravel[PHP][/PHP]

Photos
    View albums

I noticed that I get a burst of energy after eating too. I thought it was all in my mind!

Photos
    View albums

Me too! After I eat something, usually something small, it's like the Phen kicks in. I take 37.5mg Phen one pill in the morning as soon as I get up, I drink water with it and then wait at least 15 minutes before I eat anything.

I sometimes find myself getting a little hungry in the evening. I don't deprive myself but choose a low fat low cal snack that I allow myself to have only in the evening if I get a little hungry. Stuff like a half cup of mixed berries (buy them frozen they have less sugar) with fat free cool whip (also low in sugar). Or even a very small amount of frozen yogurt, low sugar and all. Remember it's not so much quantity of food than the quality of the food. I had a nice dinner of 3/4 cup of brown rice, sliced chicken cooked in garlic and white wine, and sauted (using olive oil which has no trans fat) broccoli. That meal filled me and was very low in fat and calories as well as being healthy. Try eating more protein and less fat and sugar. Protein seems to fill me more. And the K20 water is great for in between. It has no sugar, no fat, only 5g of protein to help curb your appetite. Drink lots of water too.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Cold!

Yep, me too. I'm freezing most of the day! I know it's the phen because I'm perimenopausal and normally deal with hot flashes all day. As I sit here, I have my space heater next to me! However, if I do something as simple as clean house, I'm sweating up a storm! Ugh!
    WVmommy....that chicken you made sounds delicious and I"m gonna make it for dinner tonight!
    SW: 164.4 (3/24/08)
    CW: 162 (3/25/08)
    CW: 156.4 (3/31/08)
    CW: 153.8 (4/10/08)
    CS: 149.8 (4/17/08)
    GW: 130

Photos
    View albums

Default we are all cold sometimes...

we are cold because of the increase in metabolic rate and blood flow and how the veins in our extremities are smaller or something........theres a great thread in here somewhere that explains it....just type freezing or cold in the thread search then you should find it.
    ]before 220-225
    now 141
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by gma2alexis View Post
    Yep, me too. I'm freezing most of the day! I know it's the phen because I'm perimenopausal and normally deal with hot flashes all day. As I sit here, I have my space heater next to me! However, if I do something as simple as clean house, I'm sweating up a storm! Ugh!
    WVmommy....that chicken you made sounds delicious and I"m gonna make it for dinner tonight!
    I hope you like it! My mom told me about the recipe she found in a south beach diet recipe book. I love it!

Photos
    View albums

Try increasing your protein and fiber intake, that should help keep hunger at bay.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe