Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have been taking phen for 5 months and started out taking 30mg and have increased to 37.5 I don't think the medicine is working anymore because I am not losing and have been at the same weight for a few weeks. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am currently taking one 37.5 mg pill each day in the AM. Should I increase to 2 a day? Please help!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Did you stop losing when you started taking the 37.5? How is your appetite? Some people on here take 2 but be careful.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Sarah1416,
    I started this time on 30 mg 2x day, which was prescribed by my doctor. I was ok at first, but then I would get really foggy-headed and felt like I was stoned or something. I felt like one of those bobble-head dolls, too, (my head did). This would happen mostly in the evenings......and I didn't know why. Well, last week my dr. prescribed the 37.5 mg tablets, 2x day. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep that night, so I only took one. Well, to my surprise, I wasn't sick......so I've been taking just one a day, at like 12:00 and I haven't been sick since.I'm not telling the dr. that I'm only taking one a day, though...then i'll have some for the unexpected "rainy day", should it occur. Now if you do decide to take 2 a day, that doesn't necessarily mean that you will have the same problems, but if you do, that probably will be why. Maybe you've hit the "plateau" phase of your weight loss, which I think lasts about 12 weeks, if I remember correctly. Or maybe you could try a different excercise routine? Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do! Just keep the faith! Gemini
    s/w 227-1/22/04
    2/19-214
    3/2-212
    3/18-206--woohoo!!! 6 lbs. in 2 wks.!!--Total 21 lbs. in 8 wks. so far....
    4/1-202--YEAH, BABY! another 4lbs. in 2 wks.........and I didn't even have time to exercise this time, either!!!!!!!

(Note[to clarify]-the weights given are with clothes, my clothes consistently weigh 2 lbs.

g/w 160?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I was losing up until I switched to the 37.5mg pills and then the weight loss stopped. I have lost 32 lbs. since October of this past year and have kept all of it off but I would like to lose 10 more. I just wish the medicine was working like in the beginning. My appetite does not seem to be suppressed near as much as before. Thanks for all the input.

Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Hello phen friends. I am a currently taking 1 37.5 of phen in the am everyday. I still want to eat as if i were not taking them. I took phen before and lost 27 pds and it worked so well i would have to force myself to eat. I need to loose 15 more but i am not moving on the scale and my appetite has not changed. I have only been back on them for about 2 1/2 weeks but it has been a long time back since i took the phen. I am new to the web site, could some one please give me some advice!!!!!!!!
    TLC

Photos
    View albums

Question

Hello to all, I also have a simillar problem. I have been on Phen since Nov 2003 lost 21pds by Feb 2003 and gained 3 in return. I have been on the same weight for a month the scale does not decrease or increase. Any one have any advise.
    SW:214
    CW:195
    GW:145-150

Photos
    View albums
    I also switched to the 37.5 and was moving the scale in the wrong direction. This past week I have been to the gym 3x and started drinking more water. I haven't lost or gained but I feel 100% better. I am hoping to make it through the weekend of temptation and maybe next week drop a pound or two.
    One Day at a Time.

Highest 205
    Now 153
    Goal 139

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Im just giving u all a thought here about not losing for awhile....I believe its normal for the body to go into a STALL i will say after a ceratin amount of weight loss......so even though u stall out for awhile just remember its your body getting used to where it is now! and it should move again(weight )after even may take 6 weeks every one is differant......but drink alot of water... bout half of your weight in ounces is good if you can get that down!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have been on 37.5 for three weeks and I already can tell a tolerance to phen has built up in my system. I think that's the problem with it...maybe take a few weeks off, then go back??? How lonf is this med. really "safe" to be on without doing any damage?

Photos
    View albums

I took one week off of phen after a month on and came back STRONG...dropped 5 pounds that week. It was just like it was when I started taking it. But I think everyone's body chemistry is different, so you kinda have to do a trial and error and see what works for you.
    02/02 - starting
    02/09 - lost 4
    02/16 - lost 2
    02/23 - lost 4
    03/01 - lost 2
    03/08 - lost 2
    03/15 - lost 1
    03/22 - lost 5
    03/29 - lost 1
    04/05 - lost 2 - 23 pounds gone forever!

Photos
    View albums
    Is anyone working out beside just dieting with this pill...because I have been on it for three weeks and lost 24lbs...with working out five days a week and a very good diet plan... u cannot just take the pill and let it work alone...it does state to exercise and diet in order to see the effect of the pill...Hope it gets better for u all
    Elizabeth Taylor

Photos
    View albums

Hello All:

Actually, you are correct. Phen does lose its effectiveness (in most people - your overall tolerance to medicine is an indicator) after 8 weeks or sooner for some people.

For me, I can take Phen for about 6-8 weeks (37.5/day) then it does not seem to work so well. Like blondeambition, I will stop taking it for 3-5 days, then return. This seems to work. It also gives you a chance to exercise your will-power! :blabla:

Check out the website Fatnews.com; there is alot of information about the loss of effectiveness of Phen. A Dr. M. Anchors started prescribing the combination of Phen and Prozac in 1995, in replacement of Fen-Phen. The Prozac seems to increase the effectiveness of Phen (go to ************). The problem is that it is a "off-label" drug - which means it is hard to find (at least I have been having a heck of a time finding it).

Yes, we all plateau at some point, but not for 8 weeks. Exercise and increase water consumption can help get over the plateau. But remember, yes, Phen does lose its effectiveness, but if you stop taking it for a couple of days, it will work again. Sometimes I even get a double shot Latte from STarbucks...that usually gives it a good kick!! :blabla:

Good luck!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi all;

Have any of you experienced constipation with Phen (37.5)? When I started Phen I had already been prescribed Lexapro for stress and ambien to help me sleep. I drink 64 ounces of water a day, doing weight watchers & I walk for 1 hour on a treadmill 4 days a week. I have read some of your comments & I think I am going to try to take it every other day. I can only imagine not being able to fall asleep if I wasnt taking the ambien...which I am taking my last pill tonight. :-(

Photos
    View albums

IwalkBYFaith:

If you go to ************, Dr.Anchors discuss this side effect with Phen. Yes, it can cause constipation, but also, since you are eating less food, there will be less waste (which he says is good cause there will be less risk of colon cancer). Look on the site under Dr. Anchors posts to patients; there are alot of other interesting things he says.

He recommends Senekot (sp) a couple times a week; he says this does not cause (bowel) dependency. I too experience constipation. I was going to try some castor oil (old mom's rememdy) this weekend and the Senekot next week.

Let me know how this works, if you try it and let me know what you think of his website - I think it is very informative, in general.

Have a good one!

Photos
    View albums

30cc of mineral oil once or twice a day usually worked for me. I'm a chronic pain patient with bulging disks, fibromyalgia, headaches, etc. The pain 'travels', so, no I don't hurt in all those places at once. But the meds I were on made me constipated. I also couldn't do as much without it making me hurt like crazy, so I was very less active. I gained up to a size 14. I'm only 5' tall. I'm also a retired nurse and knew I had to drop the weight or risk the high blood pressure and diabetes that runs on both sides of my family. There are no doctors here who will write phentermine (or any other med that has potential to be habit forming) because of the ones who abuse these meds. The DEA and local law officials are unbending here. Anyway, I got some 37.5 phentermine and started the diet I used to do. I ate what I wanted, just reduced the size portions. Most of my time is spent in front of this computer, so I know it works. For me, anyway. I'm now at a size 4 and refuse to get on scales. They're never right and depress me anyway.LOL As for keeping the phentermine in the fridge, it will get moisture to it like that and is better if kept in a med cabinet or other dark place and avoid extreme temps. I take a "vacation" from it at least once a week and treat myself to something I know is taboo. That way I don't get so bored and quit my diet. But don't keep the phentermine in your purse if you're driving. If you're caught, you may end up with a DUI if they do a bloodtest. No joke. A disabled man in his late 50's was caught in a road block and had his prescribed meds with him. He willingly showed them to them, and they made him take a sobriety test. He passed it (he had back surgery and was disabled from it from an injury at work). But they did a blood test and was put on 5 years probation, his license taken, truck impounded, etc. Just because he was honest. He had a script, but his lawyer never contacted his doctor for a statement and they didn't think about it until it was too late. There are just as many, or more, legal problems with meds as there are risks of taking it. You can read the health risks anywhere. But if you take phentermine regularly, it would be in your bloodstream a couple of days after your last one. Especially the timed-release. The law here is crooked. I don'r know how it is anywhere else, but I had to tell you this. It wouldn't be right if I didn't. It's not right, but they do it anyway. Phentermine is OK if taken as directed, and if you don't have the health risks it makes worse. Yes, there are people who take more than prescribed and do fine. But they're taking their life in their own hands. I've even had problems finding it lately. On the internet that is. The places I used that were cheap, most are high as crap now or out of business. I know a couple of places that have them at reasonable prices. OH! Eat plenty of fiber, drink water, and take the mineral oil. If you can't get it down, mix it with something. I don't usually have to anymore. I add enough greasy food (I allow myself that to help the problem) such as nuts, fried chicken occasionally, etc. to help some with the constipation. Anyway, good luck! lildixie
    I want a new mirror!

Photos
    View albums

OMG! I just looked at my profile and part of it's wrong! How do I change it? The height, weight is wrong and I just flipped! I just wanted to add, too, I have an email address that I can be reached at. It's a disposable one that I can delete if I want. But it's lildixie-bama2832@mailblocks.com. My regular one is private, but this one isn't. I use it for replies or whatever when I need to. I'm going back and try to fix this profile LOL! My middle name is 'typo', but this is ridiculous! :thinking:
    I want a new mirror!

Photos
    View albums

HEY GUYS
    PHEN DOES NOT LOSE IT'S EFFECTIVENESS IF YOU CONTINUE TO TRICK YOUR BODY BY CHANGING YOUR DIET IF YOU COME TO A STALL OR ADD MORE DAYS OF CARDIO
    AND EATING BEFORE 7 ALWAYS WORKS GREAT
    PLENTY AND PLENTY OF WATER AND JUST STAY ACTIVE
    I HAVE BEEN TAKING PHEN OFF AND ON FOR OVER A YR
    AND I LOST 50+ POUNDS
    IF I TAKE IT AND STILL EAT BAD AND LESSEN MY WORKOUT IT DOES NOTHING
    REMEMBER THE FIRST WEIGHTLOSS IS USUALLY WATER AND AFTER THAT IT'S TIME TO GET WORKING OUT AND WATCHING YOUR FOOD
    WHEN I START PHEN AGAIN I AUTOMATICALLY LOSE 6 POUNDS IN THE FIRST THREE DAYS
    AND WHEN I WORKOUT IT WORKS OUT WITH ME
    GOOD LUCK GUYS AND DONT YOU GIVE UP!

starting weight august of 2007 ,250
    cw:185 pounds
    goal weight: 150
    No longer on phentermine since august of 2007.

Photos
    View albums

Hey girls!
    I dont know about you guys but I started taking phen 30 mg and I begged my DR to change it to 37.5 ( BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD WORK BETTER, i GUESS IN MY CASE I WAS WRONG) and to be honest 30mg works better than 37.5
    so guess who is changing back to 30mg

May my friendships always be
    The most important thing to me;
    With special friends I feel I'm blessed,
    So let me give my very best.
    I want to do much more than share
    The hopes and plans of friends who care;
    I'll try all that a friend can do
    To make their secret dreams come true.
    Let me use my heart to see,
    To realise what friends can be,
    And make no judgements from afar,
    But love my friends the way they are.
    I want to look like this again
    My Son **********************************
    T for TIRED,O for Of, B of being, Fat arent we all!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I take 37.5,g once a day in the mornings, I lost 8lbs a week without any exercise. I had to force myself to eat. Then I took a break from it for a week because my system got used to it. After that it worked just as good as the first week. I read about phentermine and it says that its only meant for short term usage. So I would imagine you would have to take a break every now and then.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hello:
    I arrived to the board late July after this posting came up. I just wanted to ask how long was it that you were on Phen before you stopped? Then, how long did you stop for? How much did you lose after starting it again? Have you had to do this again since June?
    Thanks. LUV U ALL. :heart:

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry not any helpful info here, but WOW looking at your pics..y'all are looking so good! I have been on phen for over a month off and on, but for the last 2 weeks or so I have taken it religiously and been working out 5 days a week on the stair stepper and tread mill, and eating MUCH better in combo with allll my water, lol. It is working wonderfully! I have already gotten SO many compliments from co workers and family. I am starting to feel so much better about myself again.

But anyhow, lol keep up the good work, you all look AMAZING!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Plateu ! Dont worry. Maybe stop taking them for a month. Thats what i did and then i sterted again and i lost !! *YAY*

Dont take 2 pills without telling your dr, or bad things could happen, this pill is a strong one hun !
    - - If you want it enough, Keep your mouth shut - - :-)