Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Cool Sore tongue and canker sores?

I started phen. a couple of weeks ago and ten stopped when I had a sinus infection. I had a lot of canker sores and a sore tongue- like I burned it on coffee. I thought perhaps it was the antibiotics I was on that caused it. After the round of antibiotics I started phen. again (by the way it was very successful when I was on it. No cravings at all and I drank a ton of water) and once again had the mouth pain. It got so bad I had a hard time talking! It takes a miracle to get me to stop talking! Anyway, anyone else experience these side effects? Is there anything I can do to lessen it? I desperately want this to work!
    Thanks,
    Mountain gal

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I've never had that problem but to treat and get rid of canker sores, take L-Lysine three times a day. It's an amino acid that helps heal tissue. When I get a canker sore, I take 2-3 tablets of L-Lysine three times a day and it goes away fairly quickly. I don't think this works for everyone, though, because my husband tried it and it didn't work for him. He wouldn't take more than one tablet at a time, though, so that may be why. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

Photos
    View albums

I have not experienced canker sores or a sore mouth. The closest thing I have to sore mouth is dry mouth. I would look up all the side effects because if it is calling you that much pain it is not a good thing. I hope you figure it out and your mouth is back to normal.
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SPRING FLING.....K.I.S.S.

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)
    I have lost 66lbs so far.... cannot wait to make it 169lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I had some sores the first few weeks. My mouth got so dry that i realized I was absent mindedly ****ing on my toungue, which eventually gave me sores on both sides of my toungue and on the inside of both cheeks. Now it wasn't really really horrible or anything. I've had canker sores before from time to time and it was usually stress related and accompanied by a cold or infected sinuses. I believe I got them this time because on top of being slightly stressed most of the time, the phentermine is an added stress to our bodies, even if it is a good stress, and it dries you out. Bing bang boom.

First things first: Concentrate on NOT letting your toungue touch your teeth. Sometimes junk on our teeth scrapes the toungue and sides of the mouth causing ulcers. Also look into the effect water has on your mouth. I think I read somewhere that too much of a certain type of tap water can actually cause them. I like to chew on gum to keep my mouth from getting so dry.

My solution is to do several things. Brush your teeth twice a day, with purpose. Actually scrub the crap off your teeth. Tartar and plaque don't help with an angry mouth. Rinse morning and night with Listerine while staring at the clock for 30 seconds or whatever length of time the bottle suggests. Focus your gargling efforts on the painful places in your mouth.

The stuff above usually always works for me. If not, the next step, taught to me by my granny, is to gargle with warm salt water am & pm. Also works 98% of the time. But wait! There's more.

Sometimes they're worse... the other 2% and only one treatment remains. Ok, this is going to sound gross and painful, but I once had a really bad mouth ulcer that would not go away. I did some research about mouth sores, ulcers, etc. It all came down to this: Basically, if you don't have the yellowish sores, all of the above will work. If you DO have the yellowish ulcers that have become evil and laugh at you when you gargle salt water, do this: grab a q-tip and gently scrape away the yellow infection. It hurts a little, but not so much. Scrape them all off, use tons of q-tips. THEN! I pour some hydrogen peroxide into its cap, dip the q-tip in it, and pinch the tip between my fingers to drip one drop onto each sore. If this isn't possible, just follow the dilution directions on the bottle and gargle with it as well. You should see them turn white.

You're also whitening your teeth. BRILLIANT! So that is what worked for me, I hope it helps you out.

PS. I am not a doctor, so u should always ask one before you try new treatments.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Sore Mouth

I also have had a sore mouth, teeth and gums. I haven't found a solution yet.

Photos
    View albums

i am having the same problem with my mouth..

I feel like i burned my tounge and i find myself biting the insides of my cheeks..

WEIRD.. lol I hope it passes (this is day 3 for me on it)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEM SMOKING MORE THE USUAL.
    NOW I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE DEALING WITH THIS,I THINK I'LL TALK TO MY DR. ABOUT IT

Photos
    View albums

So after being on phen for 5 days my sore mouth is gone... YAY

Photos
    View albums

I've had the same issue & I'm two weeks in. I had white painful sores on my tongue, sometimes 8-10 at a time. They wouldn't go away. I went to the dentist & he was perplexed but told me to stop Phen & see how it goes. I have read many posts with this as a possible side affect, so I know I am not the only one.

I stopped taking Phen for now - no way is a little weight loss worth my comfort & ability to eat/talk & function.