Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phentermine and Topamax

Hello
    I just started this diet but am wondering if anyone was put on this combination. My doctor said the Topamax will help with the headachs as well as sleeplessness that comes with this drug. I am a little scared of the whole thing but want to loose weight so bad. I have been on the Phen for a week and have really experiences apitite loss. but my energy level is a little low. I also seem to be a little sensative to light but besides that so far so good.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have been on Topamax for a few years for Migraine suppresion...no side effects...I wouldn't worry
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Saw this on someone elses signature....I hope they don't mind that I stole it. If it's yours and you do mind, PM me and I'll remove it.

Photos
    View albums

I am going to a weight loss clinc now since March and they put me on phen and topamax as a weight loss combo. I do not have migraines. I have lost 52 lbs so far and have not had any side affects except that the topamax kept me awake at night! So I now take it in the mornings with my phen. The doctor I go to is currently running phase 3 trials for the new drug he is developing that will combine the two in one pill. When it goes on the market I think it will do real well for the weight loss community! I wish you much luck!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Doxiegal

I am new here, is that Dr. Najarian? I am doing this through my regular Dr., but I have a friend who goes there. I haven't started the topamax yet, because my Dr. wanted to run bloodwork...but am nervous/excited to get this going.

Photos
    View albums

Yes that is Dr Najarian, sorry it took so long to reply I forgot I posted hear! I love this clinic! I have lost 57lbs to date and have no side effects. I continue to lose inches and my body is reshaping constantly. There must be 10 or more people from my small town that are going to his clinic now. I think we started somthing, We are going to have the skinniest town on the central coast! good luck!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

The Phentermine will be more apt to cause sleeplessness than Topamax will, at least that's the way it is for me.
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Saw this on someone elses signature....I hope they don't mind that I stole it. If it's yours and you do mind, PM me and I'll remove it.

Photos
    View albums

Wink topamax and phentermine

Doxiegal,Glad to hear you lost so much.I went to a weightloss clinic started taking phen. and didn't have much success but I don't think I gave it enough time.After I stopped taking it and the holidays I'm now 12 pds higher than my heavy weight.My regular Dr. told me to try topamax,.After seeing your post I want to see if they will both work for me.Question how much of the topamax are you taking.Hope you get this .Good luck to everyone...:
    Last edited by wannabeme; January 14th, 2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: weight wrong

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by minime0918 View Post
    Hello
    I just started this diet but am wondering if anyone was put on this combination. My doctor said the Topamax will help with the headachs as well as sleeplessness that comes with this drug. I am a little scared of the whole thing but want to loose weight so bad. I have been on the Phen for a week and have really experiences apitite loss. but my energy level is a little low. I also seem to be a little sensative to light but besides that so far so good.
    topamax will help you also lose water weight, increase your water!. I took both but at different times, phen helped me lose 50 pounds in 2 month, but i cheated. i would go day without eating a meal because i was simply not hungry but that's the only way you'll see big result's. if i just hungry i'd eat a half of a snickers to get my sugar's up for energy. It's easier not to eat but take full advantage of this while you have it. I 'am a pharmacy tech and i will start back soon get down to your goal weight and eat only if you need to, you'll see big results 10 to 15 pounds a week for real. stay moving and watered up! walk the mall or track you'll see big results!. topamax may even cause headache's depending on the dosage, it suppresses appetite too!
    Last edited by sdeannaj; February 13th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.