Close
    Photos
    View albums

Arrow

Who takes the name brand Adipex & who takes the generic Phen? The reason I'm asking is because I'm on 30 mg of Phen (blue/clear pills) & haven't noticed a change in energy or appetite really. I'm thinking of going to the stronger 37.5 mg but if I do I want to go name brand to make sure I'm getting the best results.

Anyone notice a difference between the two? I'd like input before I spend a fortune on name brand. Thanks!

Paty
    5'0" tall
    199.5 (9 months pregnant! Does that count?)/~120 ugh... (I was doing so good!/(110)
    Nov 2001 (187 lbs):

3 years later: July 2004
    w/ my hubby! (108 lbs):

My baby girl!

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas Edison

"Don't sweat the petty things...and don't pet the sweaty things!"

"There are no stupid questions, but there ARE plenty of inquisitive idiots..."

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I took generic phen 37.5 for a month, and it worked marvelously! It curbed my cravings in a major way! Make sure you are taking it on a completely empty stomach. Mine didn't work unless I did that. This means at least 2 hrs. after a meal and at least 30 min. before a meal. Goodluck!
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved - Romans 10:9

Silver Phenster dsprtlyseekingme's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I take 37.5 generic phen. Yesterday marked my 1st week on it & I lost 8lbs in just that week. Today I weighed myself & found that I lost another lb! IT WORKS! I get a prescription through my doc for Adipex-P & opted for the generic from Walmart due to the price difference. My pill is a small oval shape, white with tiny blue specs. Can be cut in half if desired (I don't though). "Ditto" on taking it on an empty stomach, first thing in the morn & I have a tiny snack about a 1/2 hour after taking it. Works all day so long as I keep up the proper snacking/meals/water.
    Desparate!
    5'2"
    sw 181 (08/15/03)
    --- 172 (08/23/03-1wk)
    cw 171 (08/29/03-Slim&Thankful Commitment sw)
    gw 125

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

Hiya! My good friend is a clinical pharmacist and I asked him about generic meds. HE told me that when a company makes and distributes anything ** they are under alot of pressure from the FDA to get the "recipe" for the drug correct. It would be as if you made a name brand chocolate cake and then the offbrand made one. There would have to be the same amount of eggs, oil and water DOWN TO THE DROP the same amount of flour down to a pinch-the generic and the name-brand must be EXACTLY the same or the FDA wont approve it. Also the outside of the pill is a reflection of the company, its the stuff on the inside that matters to the FDA. So save yourself some money!!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i am currently using 30mg (yellow)-Some of my friends have tried the blue/clear ones and didn't like them but once they switched to the yellow ones they got results-i have heard this from about 3 different people.

Photos
    View albums

Ditto!

I used the blue/clear pills 5 years ago with not much success. My girlfriend was using 30 mg yello and loosing at twice the speed of me. I switched and BOOM!!! So when I started again I went straight for the yellow again. Have to say 3 days and 3 pounds, keeps me motivated!! Good luck.....
    Lets all get thin together!!
    Lori
    10/26/03
    SW: 213
    Gw: 145

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

lori_g_70, what is the name of the yellow pill? Is it just a different dosage of phentermine or is it a different pill all together? I was taking the 37.5 mg , white oval with blue specs, which worked great, but lost most of my hair after 3 months.
    Thanks