Close
    Bronze Phenster paticiapikeclark's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

ihave taken phen for 8 wks. i have lost 22lbs. i have 10 more to get to my goal.i am not gaining but i am stuck at the same wght. i lift wghts. 3x a wk & do 20 mn. of high impact cardio 2x a wk. i have also noticed that my appetite is not curbed like it was.Should i up my dose? i was almost there i am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!
    patty

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

The same thing has happened to me for awhile. I am now able to eat like it was no different but I remember the first two weeks on the phen and I had to force myself to eat. What I am doing now is stopping the phen for about four to five days and using something else in between then like ****** fuel, or Diet fuel. Hopeing to get the phen out of my system and the tolerance back down.
    The one thing to remember is that if you increase your dose sooner or later you build a tolerance to that dose.This is from personal expierience. So good Luck.

Photos
    View albums

UGH! I M having the same problem~ I m stuck at this weight 168 and need to be at 145. I m so dang close! UGH!~ I work out and drink lots of water but what is the problem? Should I lay off phen for a week? I have metabolift, xenical, and hydroxycut and meridia! should I try something else for a week! I m so frustrated.. :thinking:
    ABILITY is what you are capable of doing.
    MOTIVATION determines what you do.
    ATTITUDE determines how well you do it.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Talking

I got some great advice on working out. I was doing 30 min cardio 5 x a week and it was suggested to me that my body might be getting used to it, and to switch it up a bit. Now, when I have time, I push it to 45 min to an hour. When I just do 30 min, I do intervals where I go hard for 5 min then slow for 5. This actually burns more fat. So, if you're stuck in a rut, you might want to switch up you work out a little. Good Luck!

SW 165
    CW 150
    Bunny Challenge Goal 136

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Arrow

Yes, Phentermine does lose it's effect after a while. My doctor puts me on 37.5 for 3 months at a time and then off of it on my own for a month. After the month without the Phen it is like taking it for the first time all over again. Plus, it allows you to try on your own to drop some pounds without depending on the Phen.

Photos
    View albums
    Good advice! I will keep that in mind if I notice it not working any more. I know its effectiveness is wearing thin... But Im hanging in there. I have been taking L-cycteine and that has helped boost my metabolism and I have been told it can help keep the phen effective in your system longer. So far so good.
    1/03-Start Weight: 328
    5/03-Current Weight: 283
    *Pounds Lost To Date: 45*
    Goal Weight: 175

Photos
    View albums

Patty,

You lost 22 pounds in 2 months and you only had 30 some to loose, that is awesome!!! How did you do it because I started 2 weeks ago I have 30 to loose and only lost 3 pounds. I thought maybe it was slower than most because I had less to loose.HELP!!

stacy

Bronze Phenster paticiapikeclark's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

it was the phen i almost wish i didnt lose it so quick because im still at a standstill im not gaining but im not losing either still have the same 10 to go. im on a low carb diet kinda like atkins except i do have a cup of coffee every am to wake up. still on the same workout regimen getting stronger & more tone but still no more weight loss kinda frustrating since im so close i think im going to quit the phen for about a month & get back on it see what happens. im kinda scared i dont want to ruin what i did acomplish with the phen wish me luck goodluck on your wght. loss as well.
    patty

Photos
    View albums

Angry

Hey Patty,

How's it going today? I got a few more question for ya... So you only work out twice a week for 20 min. and lift weights three? I realize everyone is diff. but I am getting so damn frust. I see all these people who also only have 30 pounds to loose and its falling off in the first couple months and I am Never hungry so it's not that and I am just freaking because I only can be on it for 3 months. I took fenfen (whatever) about 5 years ago only for 3 weeks and than all the bad stuff came out about it but anyway I dropped like 16 pounds so why is this so slow..

Thanks for all your advice

Just feeling a little sorry for myself today I guess.

stacy