Okay, I'm going to preach a tiny little bit here, so everyone get settle into the pew.

About 14 years ago, I was diagnosed with Major Depression. I spent about a month and a half in a psych hospital. The only thing that really helped me were the meds. And at the time the only drugs were Tricylic Antidepressants. They caused me to faint, throw-up, have chronic dry mouth, headaches, and bloating. I spent a lot of nights worshiping the goddess of the toilet.

But the drugs worked. I felt better. I could go about my life. My shrink and I agreed that the side effects were worth the benefits.

Now I'm on phenteramine because I don't want to be overweight; there are soooo many health risks involved with being markedly overweight. I'm experiencing chronic dry mouth, irritability, and greying-out (nearly fainting). But the benefits of the drug are worth the side effects. If the benefits weren't worth the side effects, I'd stop.

If the benefits outweigh the side effects, keep taking it, make sure on these boards that the side effects aren't hazardous or relievable. (For example: my doc gave me anti-nausea drugs.) But don't let those side effects stop you from doing something incredibly healthy!

And I know how easy it is to lose sight of that when you get up to answer the door and suddenly find yourself keeling over!

Okay, sermon over. Let's sing the recessional and go home.