Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thisismyyr

Thread: Positive Side Effect: A Mood Elevator?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Positive Side Effect: A Mood Elevator?

For the past 18 months, I've been depressed due to a job layoff. It is not severe depression, but it is definitely noticeable. When my husband asks me to do something with him (activity, movies, go boating, etc.), I just don't have the energy or desire to do anything. I have sat on the sofa, bummed out about the things I should have done but haven't done yet. I lacked the motivation to get anything done, and then wound up feeling worse about it. It's not been bad the entire 18 months, but I spiral from time to time (especially bad when my estrogen's in the toilet during Days 2-10 of my cycle).

I started Phen yesterday, and WOW. I'm actually HAPPY. As in, I'm laughing often. My husband asked me to go swimming with him yesterday with the kids, and I was actually enthusiastic about going and went! I'm checking off my to-do list, and even better - I'm not depressed about what I haven't gotten done or didn't get done. I'm not speeding out or anything, and am not manic. I have just noticed a distinct improvement in my mood in addition to a desire to get things done.

Please tell me this will continue! This is better than losing weight for sure, and I've dropped 2lbs despite drinking water and eating every 4 hours.
    7/16/2011 - SW @ 211lbs.
    7/17/2011 - 207.6lbs. (ooh!)
    7/18/2011 - 206.5
    7/20/2011 - 205
    7/24/2011 - 204
    7/25/2011 - 203
    7/30/2011 - 202
    8/4/2011 - 200
    10/17/2011 - 193.4 (FINALLY under my delivery weight!)
    12/4/2011 - 189 (YEAH! 180s!)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Well Phen is in the 'amphetamine' family and it works with serotonin and dopamine (the happy makers in our brain). So ummm YES mood elevator is totally possible.

I don't want to rain on your parade because mood is EVERYTHING BUT...you called it a possible mood 'elevator'. I've been on it for almost two months now, and want to throw out there that to me it is more of a mood 'enhancer'. I guess what I'm saying is if you are in a good, happy, active mood it will enhance that. BUT... If you're feeling a little down, grumpy, irritated it will enhance that as well. I have REALLY had to watch my mood (espically in the evening) I can be super B if I don't watch it.

That being said... a few hrs after I take it really does help my mood and productivity!
    5/26/11 - 203 taking control of my life again
    Week 1 - 194 (-9)
    Week 2 - 188 (-6)
    Week 3 - 185 (-3)
    Week 4 - 181 (-4)
    Week 5 - 176 (-5)
    Week 6 - Went on 2 week vacation (from life and PHEN ) wanted to see if I could 'maintain'
    Week 7 - 175 (-1)

Week 8 - 173 (-2)
    Week 9 - 168 (-5)
    Week 10 - 166 (-2)
    Week 11 - 164 (-2)
    Week 12 - 162 (-2)
    Week 13 - 158 (-4)
    8/25/11 - 158 -45 lbs total

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Def a mood "enhancer" I wasn't sure if my happy days were due to the phen or getting out of a horrible relationship and losing weight and just overall feeling better about myself...BUT some days I get in horrible moods for absolutly no reason and can not snap out of it. I call it my phen rage,lol. Well I hope u stay happy and I wish u lots of success, enjoy the time with ur hubby and kids!
    lolaon likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I too have been in a severe depression for about a year and a half. I had no energy, I didn't ever want to do anything, the only time I ever had a smile on my face was when I was with my kids or my boyfriend. (I am divorced, so that's part of what threw me into a depression) but anyway. Long story short, I had been down for a lot of reasons, medical and personally and religious and just all kinds of stuff, and then when my (pretty dang serious) relationship ended last week, I thought I was drowning, I was more 'down' than I'd been in a really, really long time. The week before this, my doctor prescribed me Adipex because I had taken it years ago and it gave me energy, and it was a short term fix until something more permanent was done... And it wasn't for weight loss, I had GB and I weigh 111.4 lbs... Just the energy. But, I found, I am actually HAPPY when I take it.. It's kind of like I have no choice but to be happy. Even when I'm devastated, like I was when my relationship ended, I took one and like I said, it was like I had no choice but to be happy. Maybe it's because I had more energy, I don't know, but I did feel happy... It really is kind of a 'happy pill' for me. I'm not abusing it or anything, I've only been on it three weeks, but I am happy when I take it. So no, you are not the only one. I do wish you the best of luck, and a lot of happiness after you are finished with it

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wonder to listen your words and happy that phentermine works like this also.
    Be happy always.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm probably the oddball here but I've had a different reaction. I'll have maybe 1-3 good hours of extreme happiness then I crash and I'm your worst nightmare. I have mood swings and I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. I do like the fact that it gives you energy and sometimes I'm so proud of my workouts or everything I've gotten done for the day but on the flip side sometimes I physically cannot get things done because it makes me so edgey.