Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Psych101

Thread: Increased Smoking

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Don't know how many, if any of you here are smokers, but I have noticed that I am smoking WAY more since I have been taking Phentermine! And I mean I went from a half pack a day to nearly two packs! This wasn't a gradual increase either, it was an overnight thing. Seems like I remember this happening the last time I took it too.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Saw this on someone elses signature....I hope they don't mind that I stole it. If it's yours and you do mind, PM me and I'll remove it.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I am a light smoker and I noticed that I really want a cigarette like all the time so your not the only one. Most of my side effects are minimal but I did notice the smoking. I had a cousin who was on phen and she said she experienced the same thing.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh yeah, I had the increased smoking side effect too!

The first time I took phentermine a few months ago I was smoking several cigarettes a day which was ALOT for me since I was only a social smoker. When I started buying a pack a week I knew something was up.

I quit smoking completely June 16th and now I am back on phentermine and don't have any cravings.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

ABSOLUTLY...I have smoked WAY more then usual since I started! I wonder what causes this?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

[URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJgnbLk/"]

Height-4'11
    Start Weight- July 26,07...164lbs
    July 31,07-160lbs
    Aug.9,2007-154
    Goal Weight-115lbs

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh my! I thought I was just crazy! It absolutley makes you smoke way more. I notice I crave a smoke way more than when Phen is not in my body. weird. I wonder why

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Me too....Smoking alot more! You are not alone :P

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default absolutely!!!

Oh my god I have been feeling like I'm CRAZY or something the past week because of this!!!!!!!!! I quit smoking about 11 months ago with no problem (wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with)......BUT since taking Phen, have been craving and smoking like a chimney! It's kinda gross actually but I can't seem to control it Also, I feel an increased urge to drink, drink, drink!!! I crave wine and cigarettes or vodka and cigarettes. Gross right??? No, I'm not an alcoholic, so no lectures please! I think perhaps the "cravings" are my body's attempt to calm itself down (from the Phen) by any means possible. Has anyone had similar thoughts or experiences?
    PhrendlyPhrend likes this.

Charlotte NC, I am born and raised in New Jersey
    Photos
    View albums

you are not alone I am smoking more as well......so we all in this together....
    WE CAN DO IT!!!! I KNOW WE CAN!!!!

292 lbs 11/15/07 (Starting weight)
    281 lbs 11/25/07
    271 LBS 12/02/07
    270 LBS 12/09/07 ( I am so upset right this week)
    180 lbs Goal Weight

Photos
    View albums

It could be cause it is a stimulant and most stimulants increase behaviors that might be compulsive. That is the only thing I could think of.... i hope the urge to smoke subside for you guys...
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SPRING FLING.....K.I.S.S.

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)
    I have lost 66lbs so far.... cannot wait to make it 169lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I remember taking phen a little over a year ago and lighting up cigs left and right. it was terrible, actually. I think I almost doubled what I smoked.

I'm taking Chantix this time though, so I've not smoked in a couple weeks.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I too have noticed I smoke way more now. i used to smoke only 2-3 cigs a day now its like 6 or more.
    Naytee

Photos
    View albums

Same thing here.... I was a half a pack a day smoker now Im a full pack if not more. I dont mind it though, I really like smoking LOL

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Been off Phen for about 4 months (thru the holidays of course!) and have put on nearly 20 pounds! Guess what? Going back on! Plus the wife is a little touchy about her cooking, gets her feelings hurt if I don't eat, told her she was just gonna have to deal with it this time!

I can't help it if she can eat anything she wants and still weigh 110! (I hate her!) J/K
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Saw this on someone elses signature....I hope they don't mind that I stole it. If it's yours and you do mind, PM me and I'll remove it.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I definitely started smoking alot more, at first I really didn't mind but now that I am starting to REALLY work out (I wasn't working out at all after first 2-3 wks) it bothers me. I tried quitting but guess what? I end up eating...things like Chinese food and I end up smoking after I'm done stuffing my face anyhow!!! I figure smoke now quit after reaching goal and maybe things will be a bit easier..

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Just like any other stimulant phen has not only made me smoke more but also drink more alcohol to take off the edge. Anyone else?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I never placed a connection to the two but I too increased how much I smoke after starting Phen. I quit smoking over 2 years ago before I got married. I would have a smoke when I drank which was almost never. Now I am at an easy 1/2-1 pack a day. I prety much started back around the same time I started taking Phen.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Oh my Goodness, yes!

It seems like when I take phentermine, all I wanna do is smoke! I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I love this forum, it eases my worries that I was the only one. I thought something was wrong with me! LOL Peace.

PisceaDawn

dcindy68

I have notcied that I have been smoking a lot more too and it is causing my chest to get congested!!!
    I need to slow down real bad.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile Smoking and Phentermine

I dont know what it is but I have been back on phentermine for like 3 days and I think about smoking alot but I havent. I dont think its a good thing to smoke if you take phentermine because both are stimulants that raise your blood pressure and if you are overweight you already have an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and possibly have high blood pressure and high cholesterol because of being overweight... all of that is enough to scare me into not smoking even though the phentermine makes me want to really bad lol.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Smoking

I started smoking more too. I just blamed it on the fact that i was eating less and a cig was taking the place.
    Brittany

Started Phen 6/13

SW: 260.6
    6/17 254.8
    6/20 252.2
    6/27 249.6
    7/25 241.5
    8/6 239.0
    8/17 236.4
    8/23 235.0
    10/24 237.8
    GW: 180

Photos
    View albums

This is only my third day, but my smoking has increased so much. I have even smoked back to back. I hope that part goes away. I've got a little cough I've smoked so much in the last three days!

Photos
    View albums

I went from 2 to 3 cigs. AWEEK!.....to atleast a half a pack a day!

Photos
    View albums

I went from about 1/2 pack a day to a pack and a few more thrown in =/ With the drinking, I drank once and got so smashed in such a short amount of time, that I've cut that out completly. With the small portions of food I now eat, my body just can't handle the onslaught of booze I guess =)
    "this is the first day of the rest of my life"

SW: 217
    6.13 209.4
    6.20 206.2
    6.27 201.2
    7.4 vacation, no weigh on
    7.11 199.1
    It's now 11/19/08 and I'm at 185.5. Just started B-12 shots for the first time and am back on Phen after a month's break.
    11/24/08 182.2

Goal: 150

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I definitely have noticed an increase! I actually started wearing the nicotine patches today to stop this incessant desire to smoke! (still wanting one, even with the patch on, but i'm not going to give in!)

Photos
    View albums

I also smoked more. I started last Wed and after 5 days had to stop. I did smoke more I'm not noticing the craving as bad since I haven't had a pill in 3 days. I will start my pills up again after a day or 2 more. Waiting on the lump (in my throat) to go away in hopes that it don't return. If anyone has any advice for me please PLEASE feel free to give it. I so want this to be successful.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Photos
    View albums

mmmmmm....cigarettes. If only could have one and not start again!
    http://myspace.com/iluvya1

First goal - 290 by 8/30
    Second goal - 280 by 9/29 (my 28th bday)
    Third goal - 270 by 10/30
    Fourth goal - 250 by Christmas
    Fifth goal - 225 by 2/28 (7 days before bro's wedding!)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am suprised you all don't get this, phen is an amphetamine type of drug, it hypes you up. If you are a smoker you will want to smoke more, when you are on an amphetamine type of drug that's what will happen.

Years and years ago when I was younger and foolish I tried cocaine which is also a amhetamine type of drug. At the time I was a light smoker and the few times I did cocaine I would light up one right after the other and would stay up all night. Amphetamines wheather illegal or not will hype you up, keep you from feeling hungry, make you talk more, feel jittery, and if you are a smoker, make you smoke more. I am lucky I don't smoke so I can only imagine how hard this habit will be to break, but if you are tying to loose weight for health reasons you should figure out how to stop smoking first. Good luck to you all

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Wow

I was a casual cigar smoker but not so much since phen. Several a day now. It's a problem. Did not make the connection until I stumbled on to this thread. Going cold turkey in the morning.

Photos
    View albums

I had quit smoking for a year and I started up again when I began phen. Now I smoke anywhere from 2-8 a day. When I don't take the pills I don't even think to smoke... So at least I'll be able to quit again when I'm done with phen. I always go outside to smoke and when I come in I wash my hands and I never smoke near my little girl. I hate the habit enough, I don't want my little one exposed to that stuff. (any more than she already is...) I don't want her near it.
    HW 266 on 5-14-11

Phen Start 1-20-12

SW 247 on 1-20-12
    ...243 on 1-25-12
    ...241 on 2-03-12
    ...239 on 2-20-12
    ...237 on 3-02-12
    ...236 on 3-31-12
    ...235 on 4-04-12
    ...234 on 4-05-12
    ...233 on 4-20-12
    ...232 on 4-27-12
    ...231 on 5-03-12
    ...230 on 5-04-12
    break on 5-20-12 (off and on for 2ish months)
    ...233 on 7-27-12
    ...229 on 8-08-12
    ...227 on 9-07-12
    ...226 on 9-08-12

GW 179 by 1-20-13

Don't talk yourself out of what is best for you.

Phen Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I have noticed the same thing . Smokeing almost 2 packs a day

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Did you all notice that the original post was in 2007 and the last post before yesterday was in 2008. I'm not sure if those people are still part of this forum.

I hope the increased smoking goes away pretty quickly.

Photos
    View albums

Yeah, I noticed that too curvygirl63, but I think stuff like this is relevant enough to resurrect every now and again.
    HW 266 on 5-14-11

Phen Start 1-20-12

SW 247 on 1-20-12
    ...243 on 1-25-12
    ...241 on 2-03-12
    ...239 on 2-20-12
    ...237 on 3-02-12
    ...236 on 3-31-12
    ...235 on 4-04-12
    ...234 on 4-05-12
    ...233 on 4-20-12
    ...232 on 4-27-12
    ...231 on 5-03-12
    ...230 on 5-04-12
    break on 5-20-12 (off and on for 2ish months)
    ...233 on 7-27-12
    ...229 on 8-08-12
    ...227 on 9-07-12
    ...226 on 9-08-12

GW 179 by 1-20-13

Don't talk yourself out of what is best for you.