Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I have just started taking the phentermine pills and was wondering if there is a pill I can take to increase my thyroid also while taking the phentermine. I am looking for something over the counter (if any) or something that I can order.

Any information would be helpful.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: jambre ]
    Djuana

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi, I just started taking phen also and I'm on synthroid for my thyroid but it is by percription only. Why do you want to take something for your thyroid?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi! I just started taking phen a week ago and i am also taking thyroid medicine. I used to take synthroid, but since the law suite against the makers , i am now on levoxyl.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you for the info. Is this something that is be prescription only!!

djuana_malota@fleetwoodretail.com
    Djuana

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi, Djuana!

I have had Thyroid Disease for over 22 years. I have been to several Drs. and now have one that is WONDERFUL. I have taken several different meds.

First of all, if you have not been diagnosed with Thyroid Disease, you should not under any circumstance take any medicines to increase your thyroid function. It is Very Dangerous. If you take Thyroid medicine that you don't need.... you could have a Heart-Attack.

The Thyroid Gland is a very complex organ.

It runs every cell in your body.

If you think you have a problem, then please go to an Endocrinogist. Have the TSH Test run.

Believe me, playing around with yourThryroid is tricky business.

Think about this advice, please.

Kerry

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Exclamation

I was under the impression that Phen does increase your Thyroid function, thats why in the "Phentermine Overview" section, it says thyroid meds are a "contradiction" to the Phen because when combined, they cause "overstimulation" of the thyroid. I would have both med dosages CLOSELY MONITORED by a doctor if it was me.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I was curious because 2 years ago I went to a doctor for weight management and he had me on a thyroid pill along with phentermine and chromium picolinate.

I lost 35 pounds in 3 months. I am now taking just the phentermine (not by a doctor's prescription, I just ordered it over the internet). djuana_malota@fleetwoodretail.com
    Djuana

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cool

I see. Thats interesting that he used thyroid pills for your weight loss. I was not aware that it was used for that.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I have had Graves Disease for over 15 years, had my thyroid irradiated, and take Synthroid or Levoxyl to keep me on an even level. Will Phentermine interfere with that? From what I read there was only a problem if you were either hyperthryoid or hypothyroid, I can't remember which, but I am technically neither since I don't have a functioning thyroid and the Levoxyl takes its place. Can anyone answer this question?

Lor
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi, I take Thyroid mrd. everyday for nonactive thyroid cant remember which one it is but my family had no problem putting the two together.Hope this helps
    Laura<BR>Started 12-15-01 @ 149.5<BR>Current 129.5<BR>Goal 110 by 3-30-02<BR>4'11<P>20 pounds GONE<P>email addy: Lor2all@neo.rr.com