Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissCB25

Thread: Drinking enough liquid

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Drinking enough liquid

I have a really hard time getting enough water throughout the day and I cannot stomach artificial sweeteners.

Does anyone have any recommendations for upping water intake without using all my alloted calories? I am NEVER thirsty.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It is hard for me at first when I haven't been drinking water consistently. I have a water bottle at my desk at work. It is like 24 oz or something. I have one the same size at home and I just make myself drink everytime I think about it..I make it become a habit. I got through 2 bottles on average a day at work then drink about 1 or so at home. It seems to be enought water for me. I'm not a big fan of sweetened water because then It makes me not like normal water as much. Plus the sweetners they use are full of crap that I don't need in my body. I have always had a tough time getting enought water. I always forget. So this water bottle thing has helped. I also drink green tea so that has got to count a little. You just have to force yourself to make a habit. Make sure you take the water bottle with you wherever you go and just drink drink drink. You will get used to it. Make sure it is one that is easy to drink from. Not one for those "unscrew the huge lid that drips everywhere while you drink because it is attached." Those don't work for me. I want something quick easy and I don't want to think. Just drink! lol.

Nov1 - Bday Challenge

Photos
    View albums

When I'm feeling over-watered, lol...I have a Venti Iced Green Tea (unsweetened) from Starbucks. It's not a substitute for water by any means but it's healthy, not too much caffeine, & zero sugar or calories.

Second, just keep a bottle of water with you at all times- I actually set up Ozarka water delivery to my office and take 2 cases home per week as well!

Third, if you don't keep juice or anything in the house or office, you have no choice but water when you're thirsty. When you reach for the water when you don't want it, just remind yourself how it's going to work at flushing excess water and waste from your body and overall contribute to your weight loss.

It's soo important! 100 oz per day, minimum!

Good luck!
    Chance J. likes this.
    * HW 178 lbs @ 9mos pregnant 1/05/09
    * LW- 137.8 lbs on 12/29/10
    * GAINED Divorce, new job, etc... back up to 150 lbs and starting again! 5/07/12
    * GW- 130 lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have a 24 oz bottle I take with me to work, and when I get there I put a small post-it and write the numbers 1-5 on it. when I drink one I cross off the first number, haha. it helps me drink more because I have the goal right in front of me I usually have #1 crossed off already tho from what I drank at home. it really helps!

Photos
    View albums

I keep a 32 oz cup on my desk as well as drink out of them at home. I always start my day drinking one while I get ready for work. Then 2 more while at work and one more once back home.

You may want to set an alarm on your cell phone to remind you to drink water. I do this for my medication.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

HW: 221 (4/30/10)
    SW: 219 (5/15/10) Phen
    CW: 209 (5/29/10)
    CW: 199 (6/27/10)
    CW: 191 (7/24/10)
    CW: 189 (8/1/10)
    CW: 187.6 (8/15/10) Started Shred 8/9/10
    CW: 184 (8/30/10) Still Shredding took a 2 day break
    CW: 182.8 (9/5/10) Last week of 30 Day Shred.
    CW: 174.4 (10/3/10)
    CW: 171.2 (10/26/10)
    CW: 166 (11/22/10)
    CW: 169.4 (1/2/11)
    GW: 155

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I used to carry a 32 oz bottle but because the kitchen at work is on a different floor and I was having a hard time re-filling it. So, I never was able to get the water down.

What I do now is I bring a 1 gallon jug to work every day - yes, I said one gallon. I start drinking water during my morning workout and by the time I get off work, I've had all my water for the day. I bring the empty jug home, refill it and put it in teh frig until the next morning. I now use my 32 oz bottle in the evenings and on weekends when I run errands.

The jug thing was hard at first, but it makes drinking the water much easier. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to that much water. The first few days I felt like I was using the bathroom every hour. But now, I'm back to normal.

Also, drinking that much water has kept the soreness away when I weight train. I ache but I'm not so sore that I can't move or workout for 2-3 days.

Try it.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My problem is at times the Phen works so well I feel sooo full and can not eat (or drink) anything more. So when I put the water bottle to my lips I want to get sick because I just don't think I can drink it.

M
    Started Phen on 10/18/11 @ 274.8lbs (HW)

10/21/11- 270.8
    10/30/11- 264.8
    11/06/11 -261.4

By Oct 31st I want to be at 259.8 (with a total loss of 15lbs). Did not meet goal, but will keep trying.
    By Thanksgiving (Nov 24th) I want to be at 240lbs (total loss of 34lbs)
    By Christmas I want to be at 225lbs (total loss of 49lbs).