December 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Need some grab-n-go food ideas
Hi! I work in a really busy salon and some days (most days) we go 6 hours without a break. I can hop in the break room for a quick snack, but I don't usually have time to heat food or anything time-consuming. It's really a gulp and go situation.
Does anyone have any ideas for good FAST snacks that will keep me from not eating but don't require any work? I can prep at home-just not once I'm at work...
December 11th, 2009, 04:20 PM
This is something I do all the time.
Take a whole wheat tortilla and spread mustard, mayo or hummus on it, put a few slices of turkey or chicken in the center. Roll it up, cut it in half, put it in a sandwich bag and go.
This makes a quick and filling snack that will tie you over until you can get a meal. I pack at least two - one for the am snack and one to have in the afternoon. You can add salad greens, and change the tortilla to flour and make it a meal.
This also works well with peanut butter and jelly or tuna if you want to change it up a little.
I also pack a few Cliff energy Bars which are also very filling.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by curvygirl63; December 11th, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
December 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
What about V8 fruit fusion juice or V8 just for a quick drink and caramel rice cakes. Or other flavors u might enjoy. The juice counts as a fruit n vegetable too!
December 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by curvygirl63
That sounds awesome!!.. I gotta try those for next week..
December 12th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I really like Muscle Milk Light Protein Shakes in Chocolate. They're 160 cals and they fill me up.
10/27/09 - 158lbs
11/10/09 - 153
11/24/09 - 149
12/08/09 - 143
12/22/09 - 139
01/05/10 - 134
01/19/09 - 131
02/02/10 - 126
02/16/10 - Goal of 125 at least... may aim for 115 if I make this goal.
Would love to hit goal weight before hubby returns from Iraq
December 12th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Hi Allison, Snacks to tide me over can be
1. A hard boiled egg
2. Small tin of tuna mixed with some cottage cheese.
3. Portion of meat..cold..chopped with either low fat dressing (creamy) or cottage cheese mixed through.
4. A protein shake (when I am desperate and don't have anything else available).
5. Atkins protein bars. These seem to have the lowest carbs & sugars & lots of protein.
Just a couple of ideas. I also make sure there is no more than 3 hours between eating something, this helps keep the metabolism ticking along. I think most of these suggestions are good for "gulp & go", they work for me I also have water handy all the time and just have a few mouthfuls every now and then. Helps stave off any hunger pangs and I seem to be able to fit in my allocated daily amount quite easily this way.
SW 10/28/09 199
“What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
December 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks so much for all the great ideas!! You guys rock!
February 3rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I like to buy frozen fruit, like strawberries or mixed berries. I usually buy a huge bag from one of the wholesale clubs (like Costco or Sam's Club). It costs around $10, but lasts for a couple weeks. At night, I put a serving into a small tupperware container (or a sandwich bag) and put it in the fridge. The next morning, I throw it into my lunch bag and use it as a snack. It's especially refreshing in the summer
February 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
A handful of almonds...... they are filling, and very good for you.
February 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Nutra grain bars
Yogurt and granola bar
Grab some veggies (olives, celery, small carrots, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber...what ever you like) and some hummus to dip
Campbell's soup at hand...the Tomato is my favorite
Bulk food aisle at the grocery store usually have nice mixes of Trail mix, bananna chips, dried fruits, and powdered soups. You can buy as little or as much as you'd like.
100 calorie snack packs...the Strawberry hostess cupcakes are so yummy !
You can cut an avocado in half and fill it with crab meat (even artificial, but check the calories), green onion, and a little bit of low fat yogurt. It's my version of filling Sushi .
Whole grain bagel with low fat jelly and fat free cream cheese.
Okay...I have insomnia and now I am STARVING !
IF YOU ALWAYS FAIL AT EVERYTHING YOU TRY, NEVER GO SKI DIVING!
March 2nd, 2010, 12:50 AM
i eat dannon light & fit yogurt alot, only 80 cal.
& i've also been snacking on fresh bruschetta (tomatos, garlic, onion, vinegar, pepper) w. a few melba toasts. good luck!!
March 4th, 2010, 07:38 PM
- I keep a small baggie of almonds in my purse at all times.
- I LOVE Syntrax Nectar protein...they have awesome flavors that actually taste great and @ 90 cal, 23g protein, 0 sugar & 0 carb? You can't go wrong! I love the fuzzy navel, and strawberry kiwi flavors.
- Egg whites. If you buy the carton, be sure to check the ingredients and only buy those that say, 'Ingredients: 100% egg whites'. Period. Nothing else [those with additives taste weird]. For work I use a Ziplock Steamer bag & steam zucchini, broccoli & mushroom, then put in a long baking pan. I add cooked turkey sausage, and pour an entire container of Just Whites on top & bake. Cut into squares and there's a great breakfast ready to go! You can add it to a corn tortilla [or whole wheat] w/ some fresh salsa [pico de gallo] for a breakfast taco [I add a few slices of avocado], or with a whole wheat english muffin. Yum!
By wanting2bethin in forum My Experience with Phentermine
Last Post: August 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM
By benson012094 in forum My Experience with Phentermine
Last Post: March 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM
By ttjab3 in forum My Experience with Phentermine (Year 2005)
Last Post: February 25th, 2005, 12:13 AM
By Determined1-- derland here I come in forum My Experience with Phentermine (Year 2004)
Last Post: December 29th, 2004, 04:40 PM
By fay in forum My Experience with Phentermine (Year 2002)
Last Post: March 24th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO