Since traditional chicken salad prepared with mayonnaise makes sticking to ANY diet virtually impossible, my mom shared this recipe with me. It REALLY is absolutely DESLISH!
- 8 medium tomatoes, halved and emptied of seeds
- 16 ounces roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (you may want to start with half of this; I found 1/4 cup too much)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, toss together chicken, red peppers, green onions, and pine nuts. In a separate bowl, toss together oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over chicken and gently toss. Place 1/4 cup mixture in each of the tomato halves and serve on a bed of watercress for an appetizing look.
Number of Servings: 16