Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

Hi gang... I'm endlessly searching for a butter, margarine or product that tasts like butter that's low in fat and tastes good. The closest I've found is Butter Buds or Molly McButter. These are powers/spices that you sprinkle on "wet stuff" like peas, baked potatoes and pierogies that give a great butter taste, once they melt.

But, is there a good tasting butter that will work on toast/bagels? The fat-free stuff tastes like plastic and simply won't melt! The closest I've found to butter is a a product called Brummel & Brown Spread and it's made from yogurt.

5g of fat per tablespoon, as opposed to the 17g or more from butter, 8g or more from margarine.

--Melissa

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cool

chef's spread

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

Who is the manufacturer and how many fat grams per serving?

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't buy it....I believe in natural butter, growing up italian, we used little/or no butter,even when eating french bread,or we used olive oil in place of how americans use butter ie: oil and vinegar on grn beans,potatos, etc..
    But I will get back to you on this

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I use the I can't believe it's not butter spray. No fat no calories, and tastes like butter. I use it on everything. Vegi's, toast, bagels, popcorn, ect.
    For cooking I is promis ultra fat free 5 calories per serving and no fat. These are the best ones I have found and I have pretty much tried them all.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb

Glimmerella,

I use the butter spray too..."I can't believe it's not butter" - I use it on just about everything - the only thing I have not liked it on is green beans - I can usually trick my husband but even I could tell on the green beans - it was too strong tasting - it's very good on potatoes, toast, etc...I even cook with it in some things like the cheesy mexican rice - it calls for butter and I just pour some of the spray butter in...can't tell the difference. Give it a try!

Shortie

[This message has been edited by sktshortie (edited July 21, 2000).]

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

l know this is old,but Parkay has a spread out now that taste great and it is no calories...carbs...nothing,we love it!!!

Take Care
    Tweety