Close

Thread: Going Camping

Photos
    View albums

Hello everyone!

My family and I are going camping this coming weekend and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for healthy,fun things to bring to eat? (I'm not sure if healthy and fun can be used in the same sentence!)J/K!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Terito
    SW:210
    CW:184
    GW:135

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums
    Hi Terito:

My guys like hobos ... make a packet out of heavy-duty foil (make sure the edges are folded tight to make a leak-proof seam) and then load it up with whatever. Put a bonless chicken breast or a lean-meat patty in there with sliced onion, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini (as much or as little as you want of what you like) and add a spoon full of your favorite condensed soup (like cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of celery) which will keep everything from drying out. Throw it on hot coals, turning often until done. You may have to open one up to test it for doneness.

Kids love making up their own hobos and I've even seen kids eat things they don't normally eat at home when they get to make it themselves.

Have fun on your camping trip. It's just too hot here to get out in the woods right now.... gonna wait til Fall.
    Karen

Photos
    View albums
    Thanks Karen!

That sounds wonderful! Thank you for the wonderful idea! My boys will love doing that and will think it's cool to make their own stuff!

Thanks again.

Teri
    SW:210
    CW:184
    GW:135

Photos
    View albums
    Gosh Terito.... I just realized I answered your post exactly one month after you posted it. Sorry it took so long but I just discoverd this receipe exchange (I'm not in here very often)

My family goes camping a lot, mostly in the spring, autumn and winter. My son is a Boy Scout, my hubby is Assistant Scout Master for his Troop and I am a Den Leader for a Cub Scout Pack. Needless to say, we are in the woods a lot. The reason I bring this up is if you look at Boy Scout related web sites you can find some really awesome receipes for open fire, dutch oven, grill, etc. and they are all boy tested! Go to macscouter dot com, it is my favorite for outdoor cooking ideas.

Let me know how it turns out!!
    Karen