Close
    JackinDe

Smile

Some good advice!

It is important to vary your strength training routine when the goal is to tone and firm up. This will serve a dual purpose. First, performing a variety of exercises will help the body make changes more rapidly. Muscles can get used to performing the same motion or exercise, which, in turn, will cause them not to work as hard or effectively. Secondly, variety will help prevent boredom and keep you interested and motivated with your workout routine. Try different combinations of exercises and experiment with new machines. This also applies when you do your work out at home. Have Fun!

Jack

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster jaspernotting's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you!!
    5' 2" - 136 lbs
    Success is never final, and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts.

JackinDe

Jaspernotting:

You're welcome, I'm glad I was able to help you somewhat. Oh, by the way, your 4 year old is very handsome. And, 138 at 5'2" is fantastic. So keep up the good work.

Jack

Platinum Phenster jaspernotting's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you Jack, BTW I am considered obsese at 138 and that's why the doctor is "forcing" me to take Phen.

I have a question for you, does carrying a dumbell (just 1 pound) on each hand when I do brisk walking helps in weight-training or toning?

Thank you!!
    5' 2" - 136 lbs
    Success is never final, and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts.

JackinDe

Jaspernotting:

Have you considered changing Doctor's. Maybe a second opinion is needed. Obese at 138, sounds unreasonable to me. Besides your current weight is 136. I don't see a problem with that, do you?
    And walking with a small weight is acceptable, as long as you're moving your arms, not just dangling them with no movement. Give it a try, the next day you may feel some muscle soreness, but this is good, it shows you toned some muscles.

Jack