Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to post here and introduce myself. My name's Brandy, 28 yr old-married mommy of 2. I have fibromyalgia, and was put on Ulavil (sp?) a year ago to help with sleep problems which in turn would help my chronic pain. Well, after being on it for 8-9 months, struggling to lose weight and maybe dropping only a few pounds after months of walking, eating healthy, stopped taking the meds because it wasn't improving my pain anyway. Also had noted that it contained side effects of weight gain and increase in appetite! Aaarghhh!! So, a few days ago, went ot my doctor, he prescribed Celexa, and I was awaiting my Phentermine to get here, forgot to tell him about my Phentermine that I would be taking shortly. Anyway, so over the weekend I kind of pondered if I should mix the two meds, didn't want to give myself a heart attack or anything, you know?! Well, I read about using the combo finally last night, and was ecstatic to learn that these 2 meds actually help promote greater weight loss! I started, well, actually, last August I was at 235 (yikes!), at Christmas I was at 227.5 (a little better), and now I am at 207!! It has been a very hard struggle for, because of my chronic pain, very hard some days to talk myself into exercising when I am in pain before I even start out, but have slowly seen some rewards here. I have been on Phentermine before, off and on, but I think because of the Ulavil, that is why the weight loss was very slow. I am excited to try this Celexa/Phen combo, actually, took my first dose of Phen this morning! I would love to get down to 150 pounds, I am 5'3", and that was my weight before I had my son (he's almost 5, my daughter just turned 2), I have a very athletic build, and I always worked out before having children, my short term weight goal is 175, longterm is 150. Well, I want to remind everyone that the health benefits we will reap from our weight loss are so worth our hard work and faith to see us through. God Bless us all!!

Good to meet all of you!
    Brandy

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums
    Good luck, I am also interested in how these two work together, keep us informed!

Photos
    View albums

Hi :)
    I just wanted to share my story with you and put in my .02 ;)
    I'm also suppose to take Celexa.I got the prescrip from my Dr along with my phen pills. When i went to have those filled the pharm. asked me if i knew that those two meds work on the same part of the brain. Told him No but and what was he trying to tell me. He said I just wanted you to be aware of the dangers. :mad: Danger, what danger? I asked. He said sense both the meds work on the same part of the brain and effect the seritoin(sp) levels in the brain that I should be careful taking both at the same time. I have sense stopped taking my celexa as I feel I no longer need it becuase I feel much better with out it and only take my phen.
    I know everyone is different and no one reacts to meds in the same way. For the time I was on celexa and the phen at the same time, I was having bad headaches :eek: and never knew what was causing them. Haven't had a headache that made me want to pull out my hair and bang my head against a wall sense I have stopped taking the celexa and phen together. I guess too much seritoin in the brain can sometimes be as bad as not having enough.
    I hope this helps you and keep me posted if the two together works for you. I was taking only 20mg of Celexa and 37.5 mg of phen. I guess my body just wasn't used to all that as once. So I went totally off of the both for about a week and then started back on the phen slowly. I broke the phen tabs in half and took it early in the morning for a week. I'm now back on the full 37.5mg of phen and it's working just fine.
    That's my story and hope it helps you or anyone else that I can.
    Good luck and hope to hear from you soon :D
    ~~~JOJO~~~

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Exclamation

My DR had me on celexa and then I wanted to go on phen through their weightloss program at their office, but she told me I could not do the 2 together cos it would cause seretonin syndrome which is extremely dangerous, she did however change my celexa to wellbutrin, she said the well and phen are ok.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I too take celexa (60 mgs) for depression and phen (30 mgs) for weight loss. I've lost about 20 lbs in 4 months without exercising which I know I need to do. It seems like such a slow loss but is really in the normal range. I researched quite a bit before combining the two and had a long discussion with my Dr who prescribed both for me. I personally feel I do not have a higher health risk taking them both together. Miss Brandy you inspired me by your story.

Lapphoenix

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't replied back to any of you yet, but we are in the process of moving, so things have been a bit hectic here!

Nearly 2 weeks ago, my last weigh in was 204, my scale has been shipped last week, so I am now forced to wait 6 weeks to weigh myself again, am hoping to see a big differance! *smiles* I've always been one of those compulsive "weighers", jumping on the scale daily, anxious to see a decline in the numbers. So, this next month without my scale should prove pretty interesting! I am happy to report that the Celexa and Phen seem to be pretty good! The Celexa helps me rest without leaving me sluggish and tired in the mornings. And Phen, that works great! I did find a website, where it reported that the FDA actually approved the use of Phen and Celexa together, so I feel pretty safe taking both. As far as headaches, ever since developing fibro, I have suffered from horrible migraines. You know the kind where you cannot even bear to lift your head 'cause it hurts so much? I would describe the pain as this: it felt like someone was taking a hammer and constantly smacking it against one or two particular spots in the back of my head. and, since experimenting w/ differant sleep meds, they've gotten better. Only now, I start to get them if say, for instance, my young neighbors crank their stereo way too loud (I immediately march over there and tell them to turn it down). And so long as I catch the headaches early with a high dosage of motrin, I do okay enough. I only can report good things from doing the Phen/Celexa combo. Ofcourse, I am by no means amed expert, just giving my personal experience. Now, I am anticipating my son's b-day party next Sunday, I'm giving him a Star Wars b-day party, I even managed to homemake a Yoda pinata! I can't wait. So, thanks for all the responses. I really hope we all do great at our weightloss goals! Take care everyone, and God Bless!!!

Brandy

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cool

Any anti-depressant mixed with phen, is about the same as the fen/phen combination. Fenfluramine is/was an anti-depressant. Some people develop heart valve problems because of it, but the majority don't. It's up to you if you want to chance it.

Jen
    Jen

Another's heart is a rare & fragile gift...
    hold it gently with both hands & never take it for granted.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi, I just wanted to add a couple personal opinions here. Take it for what it's worth, opinions from your regular, average person with no medical degree...

I think it is important for us to remember that the whole phen/fen tragedy involved the use of phentermine and a particular kind of antidepressant. It did not include the class of all antidepressant. So, let's not begin a scare amongst ourselves over using phentermine with a differant type of antidepressant. Definitely, I would talk to your doctor about combining any med with your phentermine, just a good safe measure to take. Also, from what I have read on the internet about Celexa, is it's not as (what's the word I'm thinking of?, extreme maybe?, okay, we'll go with that) extreme as some of the other antidepressants, has very less serious side effects, etc. I would recommend that anyone interested in combining phentermine with any type of other med, just research it a little for yourself. Just type in the the two drugs into the search window and see what it brings back. You'll receive a wealth of information about it, from which you can decide for yourself if it is right for you.

For myself, I need the Celexa to help with my horrible chronic pain. Right now, I just hope and pray that in 6-7 more months of losing some weight, getting back in shape, and staying active, that I will beat my fibromyalgia. I'm still young, only 28, life would seem very dismal if I thought I had to look forward to the next 50 or so years being lived in a constant state of pain. So, I have to be optimistic. And the phentermine, right now it's helping me. And I need any help I can get right now in my struggle. Ofcourse, who wants to live off of pills for the rest of their life, right? Certainly I don't. Besides, ordering phen online is getting expensive. And I promised myself this was the last go around. I have read some very positive things about amino acid, that 5 http thing or whatever. I think after I finish the phentermine, I might try that. So, the bottom line is, every person is differant, and what we all need differ from others. Do what you are comfortable with. I know some people who wouldn't be comfortable taking just phentermine. So, inform yourself (and your doctor) about mixing any meds, spend some time in prayer (this helps me a lot!), and then come to a decision. Okay, my daughter's awake, so I need to go get her. But, I hope every one of you has a great day, and remember, we are who we believe we are. I got this tip from a magazine, I love it; look into the mirror, and tell yourself 5-6 times "I am one hot tomale! I am one hot tomale!" If YOU feel good about YOUSELF, there's no one in this world who can bring you down. We ALL are irreplaceable and priceless to some people, never forget that!

Take care and God Bless!!
    Brandy

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Cool

Miss Brandy- I am new to this forum and I love your positive attitude- no fear!
    Thanks for the inspiration!