Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default New to Phentermine.... how much should I expect to lose in a month?

Hello everyone!! I just went to the doctor today and got a perscription for phentermine. YAY!!! I cant wait to start losing weight and gaining more confidence in myself.... Im only 19, Im 5'1 and weigh 189 lbs. I started gaining weight the summer before my Junior year in highschool which was about 3 years ago. Im tired of being overweight and im determined to get healthy!! So im extremely excited to be on phentermine!!! I was just wondering.... about how much weight could I expect to lose within a month?? How much did everyone else lose??

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Welcome to the forum, Jessica!

There are so many variables that come into play such as starting weight, activity / fitness level, age, M/F, diet, etc that it's difficult to come up with an idea of how much you can expect to lose in a month. It varies month to month as well. I am 5'4 (and a HALF), and my starting weight was 181.6. My first month, I lost 10 pounds ~ but I'm not the biggest fan of exercise, so I know I could have pushed myself to lose a bit more. In 6 weeks, I've lost 15 pounds and I'm very happy with that number!

I think the biggest mistake newbies can make is setting unrealistic expectations, especially ones based on the successes of others. Let the stories here motivate and encourage you, but try not to compare your weight loss to someone else.

Keep reading the forums for people's tips for success, pointers and stories. In addition to great information, they certainly help keep you motivated and moving toward your goal.

I look forward to cheering your successes along the way!

Chera

5/1/09 SW: 181.7

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by cheracup View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Jessica!

There are so many variables that come into play such as starting weight, activity / fitness level, age, M/F, diet, etc that it's difficult to come up with an idea of how much you can expect to lose in a month. It varies month to month as well. I am 5'4 (and a HALF), and my starting weight was 181.6. My first month, I lost 10 pounds ~ but I'm not the biggest fan of exercise, so I know I could have pushed myself to lose a bit more. In 6 weeks, I've lost 15 pounds and I'm very happy with that number!

I think the biggest mistake newbies can make is setting unrealistic expectations, especially ones based on the successes of others. Let the stories here motivate and encourage you, but try not to compare your weight loss to someone else.

Keep reading the forums for people's tips for success, pointers and stories. In addition to great information, they certainly help keep you motivated and moving toward your goal.

I look forward to cheering your successes along the way!

I completely agree with you.

We are all different so there is not a realistic number that we could tell you. Most lose anywhere from 1-25 lbs depending on thier size. Usually those with more to lose will drop more weight in the first month but its not always the case. I was 230 when I started and I lost 10 lbs in my first month, I ate right and exercised. I have been on my journey since July of 2008 and I lost 46 lbs in 7-8 months..I am a slow loser. I am 20 years old and started my journey at 19 as well. The best advice I can give you is to work hard, eat right, exercise, drink half your weight in oz of water a day..and dont give up..Ever! You will get to your goals in no time..Good luck and welcome!
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Congratulations for going to the dr. and getting the phentermine!!! You are now on your way to weight loss and more confidence I am 4'11", and when I started in April I weighed 167 lbs. The fist month I lost 13 lbs, and I was so excited! I had my 2 month weigh-in yesterday, and I lost another 6 lbs. bringing my 2 month total to 19 pounds. I have not exercised except for 2 times in 2 months, so I know if I start exercising, I will lose weight faster and easier...but I HATE exercising...so I guess I'll just be happy with losing 19 pounds without exercise! lol

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the advise everyone!!! Losing weight at all will be amazing!! I just wanted to know so I could set realistic goals for myself... If I can lose 19 lbs in 2 months then I will be beyond happy!!!