Close

Thread: Crushing Pills

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Crushing Pills

Hi my names Rhy,

I started taking Phentermine 26th Feb 2009, it's going well so far I've lost 12 lbs and the only side affect I get is a dry mouth.

I've seen on a few web sites that you shouldn't crush the pills but none of them say why. I crush mine into a yogurt because I'm hopeless at swallowing pills. Is it less effective to crush them or is it harmful in some way?

Thanks in advance.
    Rhy

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I want to know if it's ok to just take 1/2 or even 1/4 pill - it says not to, but I'm afraid to take the full dose

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyanne View Post
    Hi my names Rhy,

I started taking Phentermine 26th Feb 2009, it's going well so far I've lost 12 lbs and the only side affect I get is a dry mouth.

I've seen on a few web sites that you shouldn't crush the pills but none of them say why. I crush mine into a yogurt because I'm hopeless at swallowing pills. Is it less effective to crush them or is it harmful in some way?

Thanks in advance.
    Rhy
    If you can't swallow it whole, then I wouldn't worry about crushing it. I seems to be working for you and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by theraven View Post
    I want to know if it's ok to just take 1/2 or even 1/4 pill - it says not to, but I'm afraid to take the full dose
    Yes, it is fine to take 1/2 a pill. Many on here take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at noon. The capsule should not be broken apart, but the pills is fine to split.

Good luck to both of you!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by theraven View Post
    I take half with no problem at all
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks, you've put my mind at rest.

Rhy x

Photos
    View albums

If memory serves me correctly, you are not supposed to crush them because they are time released and crushing them will flood your system all at once. Don't hold me to that, but I think I read that somewhere regarding Phen.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

No one should have to walk this journey alone! I've been there, and now I'm here for your support and encouragement!
    IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN DO IT!!!

Me at 200 lbs! Biggest Ever!

Me at 137 lbs, April, 2009

Photos
    View albums

Your not supposed to crush phen or take it with food or it makes phen less effective. In order for your body to absorb phen correctly the pill needs to be able to reach your empty stomach and then be absorbed there. If you crush your pill your releasing the meds into your esaphugus and not your stomach..plus you take it with food so your body is not absorbing it alone if its getting to your stomach at all. You should take phen 2 hours before or 2 hours after eating for it to work properly..besides phen not working properly it could also make you very sick.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry, I know this is an old post but it's exactly what I've been researching lately. I've read the same you have explained here about the time release.... But does that also apply to the tablets (white w. Blue specs) or just the capsules with the little time released things on the inside? I have the same trouble at times swallowing, so I'm wondering if it's ok to crush the 37.5 put it in a glass of water and chug it that way. My only concern is that it will be stronger than swallowing it whole so I might not want to crush the whole thing. Anyone have any experience taking the tablet this way?