Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phen and Metformin

Anyone taking Metformin along with Phentermine? When do you take them? I took my phen w/ 1000mg of met this morning and then 1000mg of met tonight. My stomach doesn't want to handle it well, so just curious when you take it.
    SW- 272 (6/13)
    6/16-267.2!! (-4.8lbs)
    6/23-261.4!! (-10.6lbs)
    6/30-256.8!! (-15.2 lbs)
    7/7-257.6!! (Not that great of a loss, stopped phen for a week)
    7/14-Didn't weigh
    7/21-249.6 (22.4 lbs.)
    7/24-248 (24lbs.)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phen and Metformin

I have been taking metformin (glucophage) for almost 2 years now. I am PCOS and my sugar was slightly elevated with the glucose syrup test on the last draw only. I asked to be put on it because it was supposed to make it easier to get pregnant. Insulin is a hormone you know. I did get pregnant relatively quick-2 months maybe0but I lost the baby. I am 38 and that was the first time I know of that I was pregnant. Heavy periods and sporadic periods make me wonder in hindsight. The metformin
    (500 mg 3xday) helped tremendously with my triglycerides which were through the roof 280! Part of the PCOS diagnosis. Triglycerides went down to 200 very quickly. I tested my blood sugar with a monitor-but it was only high if I ate pure sugar-cake, candy, etc or high fat foods. Your body turns extra sugar into fat anyway. Pasta and bread are fine for me. I don't count carbs, I eat a lot of fiber, and drink lots of water. I don't have a problem with the phen and the metformin, but the phen is new for me. I get a horrible taste that will not go away-I hope my breath doesn't smell as bad as my mouth tastes. Please let your doctor know of any problems you are having with any medication you are taking. Remember it can take a month for your body to adjust to a new drug.

Photos
    View albums

Sarah- I have been on and off of met for almost 8 years now. I was diagnosed w/ PCOS a little over a year ago. Glad to hear met helps with triglycerides...mine were sky high my last blood work as well! I think I am going to try apple cider vinegar as a good friend is taking it and his sugars have gone down tremendously! I believe met helped me to conceive my daughter.
    SW- 272 (6/13)
    6/16-267.2!! (-4.8lbs)
    6/23-261.4!! (-10.6lbs)
    6/30-256.8!! (-15.2 lbs)
    7/7-257.6!! (Not that great of a loss, stopped phen for a week)
    7/14-Didn't weigh
    7/21-249.6 (22.4 lbs.)
    7/24-248 (24lbs.)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm on Janumet(januvia and metformin) 1000 twice a day. The only possible problem caused by the two is diarrhea. Nothing major, and that has always been a problem with the metformin for me. I can deal with it, especially because of the energy the phen gives. has boosted my mood which helps big time. anyway just thought i'd add my experience for ya. ~D.

Photos
    View albums

I take Januvia for PCO's myself. I take both pills in the morning and they seem to be working fine!!!! I cant help but wonder if this is why my weight lost has been slow and steady, instead of a fast drop!!!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Photos
    View albums

A couple years ago my gyno put me on metformin to help with weight loss. So I would think that the two together would work better for weightloss. Anybody have any thoughts on whether that's right or not?