Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdavebatista

Thread: mood swings anyone?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy mood swings anyone?

Hello all, I have been on phen before and had not really noticed a drastic change in my moods. This time around I am so mean, mostly to my husband and if my husband isent around its my poor kids. Is anyone having the same mood swing prolems? If so do you know of anything I can take for them? I messed up so bad last night, I have been on detox for 3 days yesterday being my fourth and I had a craving so bad for something sweet and I gave into it, the whole detox day was shot and now i am having to start over the whole idea of detox as some of you may know on an all protein diet is to get the sugars and carbs out of you body. Well I added more then needed be. I just cant seem to get the full dedication I need to do this. We leave in January for a cruise and I so want my husband to wanna hold my hand in public instead of walk in front of me or behind me and I just dont know how to do it. I really thought I could this time, its been so easy before. I started out at 245 and at 237 in two weeks, maybe its because it isent coming off as fast as it has in the past. I exercise for an hour every morning, 30 minutes on a stationary bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill, is this two much? Wow sorry to load all this on all of you I just so seek answers and wonder if and who is going threw the same thing. Anyone know a good weight loss exercise to loose the belly? after 2 boys both over 9 pounds, i still look prego....droopy prego. Ok again I am sorry this is so long and raddles on and on, I could just use some advise and words of wisdom.
    Thanks Guys

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Ow yes I have always had that problem when I wasn't taking my anti depression/anxiety medication. I would get really nasty. If someone video taped me I would have been horrified LOL!

I don't know what to tell you because for me I needed to stay on my medications. I don't really know what would help in your situation.

Good luck
    Starting Phen March 5, 2008
    Start Weight: 246/Fat: 49%
    1st Goal (Mar 20):230/Fat: 45%
    2nd Goal (May 1): 199/Fat: 40%

My ULTIMATE Goal:
    120-125/Fat: 15%-18% FIT & HEALTHY!

Photos
    View albums

I'm going through the same thing. I find myself always snapping at my husband or my children. That's one of the cons of taking Phen I think. What I have noticed is that when I take Phen my overall general mood is elevated; I don't feel blah, depressed etc. I wake up every morning at 4:30 to get ready for work and just 40 minutes or so after taking 1 37.5g pill of Phen I am awake, alert and ready for the day. It seems that the grouchy monster comes out after about 8 or so hours after taking my daily pill.
    PhrendlyPhrend likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi !

I've been on Duromine (phen) for about 3 weeks and have a few days off at the weekend now as it not only makes me snappy and nasty it's causing depression too, so bad l feel l can't do anything. I am losing weight and don't want to come off the phen so now trying 4/5 days on then 2/3 off.
    It's nice to actually enjoy my weekend this time than feeling utterly miserable and angry like the last few. So if you find you are flipping out daily, maybe have a few days off at the weekend, especially when your kids are not at school.

Others said l would feel hungry and 2 days is too long, l do feel hungrier but keep reminding myself phen is working and that l don't need as much food, also it's more controlable what l eat at weekends as l'm not bored at work !. After getting phen out my system on Saturday, today Sunday l feel normal again, l'm not bothered how l feel during the week as nobody wants to go to work!. Anyway, good luck and hope you can find a way to reduce the temper.

Oh, and also. Forget detoxing, you don't need to detox, we have no toxins in us. The best and easiet way to control what you eat whilst loosing weight and getting healthy is eat as you normally would, just use lower fat products (plain low fat yoghurt instead of cream or a few chuncks of chocolate instead of a whole bar) and eat more veg/fruit with your meals to fill you up.
    You will lose weight quickly 'detoxing' as you are virtually starving yourself, its good to cleanse your system for your guts to be healthy, but if you eat wholesome food, incluing wholegrains, veg and rice and pasta (these are not bad for you, too much of anything can put weight on) this should keep your insides healthy .
    Don't do very low /no carb, it'll be hard to do that forever. The best advice from docs and research is - Half your plate should be veg, quarter meat and quarter carbs. Your body needs all of these, and you won't have to crave anything at all. Diabetics eat this way as do people like me with polysystic ovarys (PCOS), it's not about cutting sugar out, it's about the right balance, and you won't go hungry !.

Have fun and good luck !
    Last edited by dizzybee; October 28th, 2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Added details about balanced dieting

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Talking agreeing to the moodiness

I am so angry lately its driving me nuts!!
    Today was a good day but lately the littlest thing makes me wanna rip someone to shreds!!! I almost get like psychotic the past week and a half but I think my body is getting use to it and settling down this week. I will have to see how it goes by friday the 3rd. But I do calm down usually before bedtime so I can sleep. So its not really moody its more angry or mean!!

Photos
    View albums

I think it has actually stabilized my moods! Because of my hypothyroidism, I was moody and stuff BEFORE, now I am good! Someone told me that if you take the pills and stop then start again, they do not work the same or as well. IDK how true that is but I know I am gonna take them until my doc says I can't anymore!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Whew, thought i was going Nuts!

Thank you soooo much for posting this...I started Phen on Monday and yesterday I snapped at my little one..UGHHHHHHHHHH I felt horrible. I felt weird the whole day. Anything little thing set me off... I have never been on any kind of medication for anxiety/depression...etc. BUt WOW, I felt like a different person.I was being mean. I feel much better today. I'm hoping Ms Mean want come back! LOL

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Oh me too!! I'm really glad to learn there's others dealing with this!! I honestly thought I was going thru the change a flipping out! I've been HORRIBLE!! I told my sister just today I know I'm being *****y I can barely stand being around myself lol!!