Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LoSingWeightin08

Thread: 15 mg and starving!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi Everyone!

I'm on 15 mg of Phen only - and am just finishing up my first 30 day prescrip. I actually started March 3, but got sick, didn't restart until March 26, since I was a big chicken. LOL

I'm trying to limit to 1500 calories or less a day, though with only 15 mg going, I'm still starving.

Has anyone else found themselves trapped at 15 mg? My doctor wants to keep me on the 15's for a second month, though I told her even though I'm following the plan, I'm kinda starving here.

I started out at 261 on Feb 26 and am now at 242, so I've lost 18 pounds so far.

Looking for reassurance here -
    Also how did you feel when you went from 15 mg up to 30 or 37 if anyone has?

Thanks for replying!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

my doctor started me out on 37.5 and since then, ive been having strange side effects (confusion, extreme fatigue, blurred vision, slurred speech, etc.)and im about to go into my 2 week of taking Phen.
    come to find out, the dose that my dr put me on was too much for my body (i was possibly OD'ing on Phen and didnt know it) so, ive began breaking my pills in half.
    i have to agree with your dr about starting you out on the lower dose. its obviously working for you to have lost 18lbs in one month... thats awesome!
    i understand about the "starving"part. even though i was taking 37.5mg, somedays i still felt that i couldnt eat enough or i just wanted to snack all day... i think that Phen has a lot to do with self control-and, i know its hard! but, im trying to do this for myself and its not going to work unless im willing to make a lifestyle change.
    hang in there... just stick with the 15mg for your 2nd month and i believe that when your body has responded to its full potential to where you feel that its not working anymore, your dr will slowly increase your dosage.
    good luck!
    Leah
    mom of Asher, 5 1/2; Autumn, 2 3/4; Brinley, 9 1/2 months on 12/15/07!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi I am also on the 15 mg. I started on April 9th and I dont see the dr again until May 9th. I don't know what I have lost, but I do feel that I have lost some. I also would like to be upped to the 30 mg, and the dr said that he would review after 1 month so we will see. Congrats on the 18 pounds that is great!!

Photos
    View albums

Hi... I started out on 30mg but have heard that the 15mg isn't strong enough for some people. I've been on phen for almost a year, off and on to keep the effects fresh. I was on 30mg for 8 months, then I went up to 37.5 and took half in the morning and half at noon. The 37.5 is pretty strong though and I cannot take a whole one at once or I get the same symptoms as stated above. I currently went back down to 30mg to see how I felt and I feel better on it. I can sleep better and I don't have the strung out feeling like I did on 37.5. Although I do have to take it later in the day cause it seems to wear off by 3 or 4pm if I take it early. (It is a time-released capsule)

Maybe you can try taking a 15mg in the am, and another 15mg in the afternoon... although that will make you run out sooner.

Or.... try to drink more zero calorie drinks between eating to keep your body thinking you are eating. Sometimes hunger is actually a sign of thirst. Add more protein and fiber to your meals so you stay full longer also. (See South Beach Diets) And... if you've gone from eating a ton of calories a day, to only 1500, you will feel starved. Take it in baby steps. For example: When I was not caring what I ate, I probably ate at least 2500 calories or more a day. When I started tracking, my first goal was 2000 a day for one month, then I cut it back to 1800, then I cut it back to 1600 and that is where I am comfortable.

Keep in mind, if you are working out, you are taking calories out of your "bank". You have to accomodate for those. You need to have at least 1200 calories a day, even after working out. Another example for you: Say I ate 1350 calories yesterday and I worked out for an hour which burned 390 calories. Those 390 calories come off the 1350 which only leaves me with 960 for the day, which is not enough. You have to have at least 1200 in your bank for your body to be healthy. Which means I would need to eat 240 more calories to make up for it. If I hadn't of worked out and burned those, I would have been fine, but you can't go below 1200 a day and be healthy.

So...if you are only eating 1500 calories and working out, you may actually be only getting 1200-1300, and that's why you are hungry. You need to find out what you are burning and make sure you keep your count above 1200 and around whatever you set yourself at. 1500 is kind of low, so you could probably do well with 1800 and be fine, especially if you are exercising. You have to give yourself room to go down. If you go straight down to 1500, you don't have much room to go down when that isn't working anymore. You have to change it up every 6 weeks so I'd start at the higher cal range till you get used to it, then go down by 200's, that may help you not feel so starved or deprived.

I use Sparkpeople dot com to track my calories and my workout calories burned. It's free and it's a great support site with lots of tools to use. Good luck. I hope this helps you some!!

[ May 01, 2007, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: kittypie ]
    Height: 5'7"
    SW 215 started phen 5-11-06, size 20W
    PW 200.3 9-30-06 (1st goal met)
    CW 182.2 04-01-07 (2nd goal met)
    CW 175.6 06-01-07

MY ASPIRATIONS:
    MET GOAL! 193.5 (10% less than SW)
    MET GOAL! 182.0 (15% less than SW)
    3rd goal: 172.0 (20% less than SW
    4th goal: 161.2 (25% less than SW)

"Two steps forward and one step back will still get you there... it just may take longer than you expected!"

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy

Hi,
    My name is Jaime. I am 5'2" 153 lbs. My doc started me on Phentermine almost 2 weeks ago. He started me on 15mg....He is going to monitor my weight loss every 2 weeks so he's giving me 14 pills at a time. He wants me to lose 4 pounds every 2 weeks! Does this sound right? I have 4 more days until I see him again and I have not lost one pound!
    I have been exercising and I do feel toner and I lost an inch and a half around my waist, but I didn't lose one pound. I do not feel edgy, my heart is not racing....so I am assuming I need a stronger dose. I hope rather than cutting me off he ups my dose!

Photos
    View albums

Find a bmr calculator and see how many calories you would burn if you stayed in bed all day. Then, if you wanted to lose 2 lbs a week, ideally you would need to eat 5000 calories less than your bmr a week. For instance, my bmr is 2200. I divided the 5000 by 7 (days a week) which equals around 715. So 2200 minus 715 = 1485. That's how many calories I'd need to eat I suppose if I didn't exercise at all and ideally lose 2 lbs. Of course you can't just do that. There are other things that factor in.

I think I might have just confused everyone and maybe myself! Anyway I hope that this helped in some sort of way!! GOOD LUCK!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm on 15 mg of Phen only - and am just finishing up my first 30 day prescrip. I actually started March 3, but got sick, didn't restart until March 26, since I was a big chicken. LOL

I'm trying to limit to 1500 calories or less a day, though with only 15 mg going, I'm still starving.

Has anyone else found themselves trapped at 15 mg? My doctor wants to keep me on the 15's for a second month, though I told her even though I'm following the plan, I'm kinda starving here.

I started out at 261 on Feb 26 and am now at 242, so I've lost 18 pounds so far.

Looking for reassurance here -
    Also how did you feel when you went from 15 mg up to 30 or 37 if anyone has?

Thanks for replying!
    I've been on the 15 mg for almost 6 weeks & i def. dont like it! I dont get the same effects as I did when I was 30mg So I'm gonna ask if I can go back to 30 again..15 is too weak for me right now
    OVERWT likes this.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!