Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question

What substances should I avoid to help enable Phentermine?

You should avoid caffeinated foods and drinks as much as possible. Caffeine is a naturally occurring substance found in the leaves, seeds or fruits of over 63 plant species worldwide and is part of a group of compounds known as methylxanthines. The most commonly known sources of caffeine are coffee and cocoa beans, cola nuts and tea leaves. Caffeine is a pharmacologically active substance and, depending on the dose, can be a
    mild central nervous system stimulant. Caffeine does not accumulate in the body over the course
    of time and is normally excreted within several hours of consumption. It is toxic in large doses.
    Caffeine speeds up the excretion of Phentermine from your body. Because of this, Phentermine
    has less time to suppress your appetite.
    In the human brain, the centers which tell your body whether you’re hungry or full are controlled
    by neurotransmitters. Increased levels of the neurotransmitters called norepinephrine and
    dopamine suppress the feeding center. Increased levels of norepinephrine in the satiety center
    stimulate eating, while increased levels of serotonin in the satiety center suppress the appetite. Some researchers theorize that tolerance to Phentermine is due to the fact that there is a limited amount of norepinephrine in the human system, and that those limited stores are depleted by repeated administration of phentermine. Others believe that the cells that respond to phentermine or norepinephrine become exhausted after repeated stimulation. Another theory is that the body is able to metabolize and excrete phentermine more and more efficiently as time passes. Eventually, the drug is metabolized so rapidly that effective blood levels are not maintained long
    enough for the drug to exert the desired therapeutic effect.

Has anyone found that caffeine makes phen less effective?
    SW: 145 (6-13-2006)

GW: 125 (by Oct. 9th- Getting married Oct. 14th!) woo hoo :-)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Texasgal,
    Did you get my PM. I checked my sent PM's and its not in there-just wanted to know if you got it since I am new here
    [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]

Photos
    View albums

NO I'e never heard that caffenie negatively affects phen use.

INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. CHANGE RESULTS FROM CHANGES.

281 (HW)
    267 7-08-06 (SW)
    255 7-14-06
    250 7-20-06
    243 7-31-06
    234 9-06-06
    217 12-31-06 (CW)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hmm, well I have tried it with and without caffeine and when I take it makes my Phen stronger but only for a little while. My phen isn't working by dinner time on those days. So its great for that party you just dont want to pig out on but not all day coverage.

SW-240
    CW-234(As of May 17,2006.I also started Phen on this day.Don't know how I lost those 6 pounds in April)
    CW-224(As of June 27,2006)
    CW-221(As of July 8,2006)
    CW-217(As of July 18,2006)
    CW-215(As of August 4,2006)
    CW-213(As of August 11,2006)
    CW-210.5(As of Sept 1,2006)
    CW-210(As of Sept 8,2006)
    CW-208(As of Sept 21,2006)
    CW-207.5(As of Oct.6, off Phen for 4 days)
    CW-205.5(As of Oct.16,went on sugar binge for over a week and to think I could have lost more)
    CW-203.5(As of Oct.25)
    CW-198.4(As of Nov.11) First goal met!
    CW-200(As of Dec.20,started on a low dose of Prozac for PMDD today, should help with the weight loss)
    CW-197(As of Dec.28)
    CW-195(As of Jan.4)
    CW-194.6(As of Jan.11, Haven't been on the prozac for a week and can tell the difference with my weight loss)
    CW-192(As of Jan.19, most I have lost at one time since my first month on phen!! Must be the prozac)
    CW-190.2(As of Feb.12, finally lost, almost to next goal!)
    First Goal is 199( I want out of the 200's)Yippie!!! Finally met my first goal.
    Second Goal of 189(Weight loss is slowing down so will be incredibly excited if I reach this)
    GW-160
    Dream goal-125
    If you love scrappin here are some sites to check out:
    www.oneofakindscrapz.com http://joojoobeezz.blogspot.com/

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I did not hear it until I started looking on this forums but it makes since because the first few days i was on phen I was drinking coke too and I did not notice any effects from the phen then when I took it and did not drink cokes I noticed it worked better.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

YES! I tried drinking a cup of cofee one afternoon, and while I felt a little more "sped up" immediately after, I also found the phen affects wearing off, and I was hungry at dinnertime. It makes perfect sense to me...the caffeine makes you speed up, and makes the phen go thru your system faster.
    HW-150
    141 6/27 (started phen)
    138-7/5
    134-7/25
    132-8/5
    128-10/5 Woohoo!
    GW-130

4/15-137