Close
    Photos
    View albums
    Hi i'm new here just started using phen. and a low fat weight loss program. I was wondering about average weekly or monthly weight loss. I'm currently 271 lbs. my goal weight is 220 and I am 6'4" tall. My daily caloric intake is between 1000 and 1100. And I work out every other day for about 1 hr. I know the weight did'nt jump on overnight so it's not coming off overnight either. I was hoping to lose the weight by mid to late march. Does that sound achivable? Thanks for any feed back you all could help me with, Jim.
    IF IT'S FUN DO IT ! IF NOT, DO IT ANYWAY AND LAUGH ABOUT IT LATER

HW 280
    273 DIET W/o PHEN
    CW 273 STARTED PHEN 08/28/06
    CW 264 1ST WEIGH IN 09/06 (9LBS)
    GW 220 BY MARCH 06
    QUIT SMOKING UP TO 265
    BACK ON PHEN 1/19/09
    GW 220 BY JULY !!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi Jim and welcome. I'm not sure what the average weightloss is, I think it depends on the person. Some people on here are losing it really quick, but I on the other hand have been slow to lose weight, but have lost alot of inches. (Down 2 sizes) Your goal sounds totally achievable, especially if you keep working out. But, you probably need more calories than that, or your body won't respond. I'd go to Prevention.com or Fitnessmagazine.com and do their caloric intake calculator to see how many calories you should consume for your height, weight and activity level. The more you work out, the more calories you need just to function. It sounds counter productive but it is true.

I am 5'7 and 202 and I work out every other day and it said I need around 2400 to maintain my current weight. So I have been averaging around 1800 a day which is SUPPOSED to make me lose 1 lb per week. We'll see. Last week was my first wk doing that, and I did lose a little, when before I was only eating 1200 and the scale didn't move or it would go up. Weird huh?? So, since you are male, and tall, you will probably need to consume at least 1800 calories, if not more to lose weight effeciently without starving your body. And drink tons of water!!

Well, sorry this is so long. I hope I was of some help. Good luck! You can totally lose 50 lbs by March, heck, you may have it off by December!! One girl on here lost 20 lbs in one month!! Wish it were me!! ha ha. You can do it!!
    Height: 5'7"
    SW 215 started phen 5-11-06, size 20W
    PW 200.3 9-30-06 (1st goal met)
    CW 182.2 04-01-07 (2nd goal met)
    CW 175.6 06-01-07

MY ASPIRATIONS:
    MET GOAL! 193.5 (10% less than SW)
    MET GOAL! 182.0 (15% less than SW)
    3rd goal: 172.0 (20% less than SW
    4th goal: 161.2 (25% less than SW)

"Two steps forward and one step back will still get you there... it just may take longer than you expected!"

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the info Kittypie I have ajusted my caloric intake to about 1500 a day give or take a couple. Only side effect Im having now is sleeping or the lack of. I am taking my pill at 1000 am I moved it back to 900 am today to see if that helps. I have been on the pill for 4 days now my first weigh in is on Weds. Sept. 6 Thank god I dont have a scale at home...lol. Anyway thanks, Jim
    IF IT'S FUN DO IT ! IF NOT, DO IT ANYWAY AND LAUGH ABOUT IT LATER

HW 280
    273 DIET W/o PHEN
    CW 273 STARTED PHEN 08/28/06
    CW 264 1ST WEIGH IN 09/06 (9LBS)
    GW 220 BY MARCH 06
    QUIT SMOKING UP TO 265
    BACK ON PHEN 1/19/09
    GW 220 BY JULY !!!

Photos
    View albums

Yea, lack of sleep is a side effect. I try to take mine anytime before 9am. The sleeping things gets better with time. When I absolutely can't go another night without some real sleep I take a Tylenol PM or a Benadryl (just one) and it helps. Good luck on Wed. Especially since it's a holiday weekend!!
    Height: 5'7"
    SW 215 started phen 5-11-06, size 20W
    PW 200.3 9-30-06 (1st goal met)
    CW 182.2 04-01-07 (2nd goal met)
    CW 175.6 06-01-07

MY ASPIRATIONS:
    MET GOAL! 193.5 (10% less than SW)
    MET GOAL! 182.0 (15% less than SW)
    3rd goal: 172.0 (20% less than SW
    4th goal: 161.2 (25% less than SW)

"Two steps forward and one step back will still get you there... it just may take longer than you expected!"

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Welcome Jim!!
    Its good to see a guy around here!! Well I think your goal is very realisitc!!! Specially if you work out!
    I have been on Phen for 6 weeks, well actually tommorow I have a doc visit and it will start my 7th and I have lost 15-16lbs....The last 2 weeks seem to have plateaued ( i dunno if thats spelled right!!) But I also have been working out A LOT so Im building muscle....I think TOM is coming so I don't really expect a positive visit to the doc. On his scale I might be the same as 2 weeks ago.....=(
    But , I wont give up....Usually around this point in my diets I start to feel over confident and since I lost 15 lbs I'll cheat and slowly gain it back!!! NOT THIS TIME!! NOT WHEN IM SPENDING ALL THIS $$ ON PHEN!!! LOL!!!
    SO im going to give it a try for a few more weeks and then get off and try another supplement that can hold me over, to get back on phen later......I guess its good to take breaks from it cause your body turns "immume" to it....
    So we'll see what happens...
    On what to expect, I would say your wednesday weigh in you'll loose around 5 lbs or more, my 1st week I lost like 6.......
    and then you'll probably begin to see smaller #s....like 2 or 3 lbs a week.
    If you think about it , like you said, it took you a while to get to that weight, probably a few years, so its not coming off overnite. If it does come off overnite, then you WILL gain it back so quickly and then SOME MORE!!! Thats the story of my life !! LOL!!! So this time Ill take it slow....Its a long process and a change of lifestyle........
    Its not a magic pill ( God knows Ive bought ALL of them!!!!) What a waste of $!!!
    OK, good luck to you.
    I see u r in the challenge too!!
    Remember to post and let us know how its going!!!
    Fell of the bandwagon . but I'm BACK!

02/13/08---194---CW

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Jim;
    Like others said, the sleeping thing does get better. I didnt sleep for a few days but it went away as well as any other side effects about day 8 for me. I might still have an occasional day where I don't sleep more than 4 hours total.

50 pounds by March is a relistic goal, especially if you work out, watch what you eat, drinks lots of water and exercise. I use fit day dot com, to track calories, activities and do reports of losses and gains plus see how much I've accomplished.

From March - August I lost 25 pounds with no help other than a lifestyle change and exercise 3 days a week. That seemed slow, but I kept losing so I stuck with it. I felt like I was starving all the time so I did some research on Phen.

In the month of August I lost 15 pounds with Phen. For me the only way to consistently lose weight is with a very low caloric intake, which means usually 750-1100 calories.

I make sure I drink 1 or 2 slimfast so I get some vital nutrients since vitamins make me sick to my stomach. I eat veggies and fruits when I get hungry and have a chicken salad for lunch.

I still have A LONG way to go, but I feel better than I have in years.

Slow and steady wins the race -- even if you mess up a day - tomorrow is another day so don't ever give up.

Mia

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Jim,

I was on Phentermine earlier this year and I lost 2-4lbs a week combined with a low fat diet and exercise. The first week I lost the most. I think it was 5 or 6lbs. I just went back on it today, as a matter of fact, so we'll see what happens.

Good luck.

Kelsea

Photos
    View albums

Hello Everybody,

My name is Elizabeth and I just started the Phentermine today and wow, I can totally tell it's helping my appetite. I'm 5'11, 33 yrs old, and 340lbs...yikes! So, I went to the doc a couple of weeks ago to see what he could do for me and he prescribed the phentermine. I so need help and I think this is the trick, plus exercise and eating right. So, good luck to me and good luck to everybody!

Photos
    View albums

how do i make a tickerfactor???