Close

Thread: First Timer

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default First Timer

Hello
    I am new at this have tried many diets but I guess I can say I didn't have much support so I guess I double the weight. I am 234 and I 'm 5'6 married I want to get down to 175 by this summer.I am an emotional eater but so far I have been controlling my eating habits no soda and sweets and I have had to take my blood pressure daily so far food taste different to me and I notice have to make myself eat so if anyone can give me some tips to get the through this please do i am open to all suggestions.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Congrats on your weight loss journey! I have a couple questions for you....

1. How long have you been taking Phen? This will help with more specific answers for you.

2. Other than not being hungry, are you having any other side effects? If it's anything like racing heart beat, fainting- or anything "big" lilke that please, please call your doctor right away.

But as far as general tips, the 1st week your body is getting used to Phen and you might have more energy, a hard time sleeping, sudden dry mouth and not feeling hungry. After the 1st week I thought Phen stopped working because my energy was gone and I started to feel a bit hungry again. Drinking water helps with that, so I always encourage others to drink, drink, drink!

Thinking long-term, you might want to develop food ideas/meal plans/test recipes to see what healthy foods you like/don't like. I think doing it now is best, as you Phen pushes off your cravings and you can start adapting new eating habits instead of waiting until you're off Phen....otherwise you're likely to gain it all back. Phen is fantastic, but you really have to find your body's healthy food balance for long-term success.

Also, after going to my doctor yesterday I'm going to say start exercising/toning! My doctor told me that if you don't drink enough water and don't do anything to tone up that your skin will get saggy. No one wants to lose weight only to become embarrassed by their saggy skin.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Hello

Thank you for responding back that makes me feel someone out there cares enough to help me reach my goal. Started taking phen 37.5mg on 2-10-2017 weight in 2-9-17 at 234 weighted to day 2-15-17 at 217. Not very hungry unless a miss breakfast/lunch then i start to feel sick. Not a big breakfast eater,,,,And I am sure I need to get me a meal plan I am sure there are foods I like I can eat. I do suffer from high blood pressure and I have been keeping track om it and its been running 133/97 ..141/99 but thats what it was running before i started this diet. Yes I did have that one night I stayed up all nite. but really not having any serious side effects. Drinking i need a trick with that because I am not a water drinker please give tips on that. I am starting to walk every day Any suggestions I am open.

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Phen is a wonderful yet tricky pill.

I don't always feel hungry in the morning, but come 10am I start to feel sick if I haven't eaten. For breakfast I normally have 1 slice of whole wheat toast with a small pre-portioned container of butter (total 95 calories). Typically I eat that around 7:30/8 and am good until lunch. I admit that I don't always feel hungry, but have to eat otherwise when I get home from work the urge to snack kicks in. This "urge" is a bad habit, I'm not hungry but it's something that I've done for years.

I've found some great recipes online and some not so great ones. That being said, I don't get rid of my favorites completely. If I can make some substitutions to make it healthy I do and if I can't, I don't make it as often and measure out my portion. I also make sure if I'm eating a higher calorie/fattier meal that the rest of my meals are lighter to make sure I stay at a good caloric intake.

Water will become your best friend on Phen. If you don't drink enough water for several days you can start to feel sick. Got dry mouth? Water to the rescue. And while you aren't having any major side effects, drinking water will help lessen those. At work I keep a water bottle at my desk with times written on it (well on paper that are taped onto it). My water bottle is 32 oz so I have it broken up into 4 times (I fill it up twice at work-so I drink 64 oz during my 8 hour day) and I make it a point to drink X amount of water by certain times. It sounds silly, but if I happen to look at the clock and then over at my water bottle and see I haven't made my 10am water quota I start drinking.