Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Newbie vs LBS= Newbie in the lead!

Hiya all. I have been lurking here for the past few days since I found this forum. I find you all absolutely wonderful and very supportive. The weight loss stories are just amazing, especially those that lost a ton of weight prior to taking Phentermine. I hope to have a weight loss success story to tell one day. I know my goal weight on the side bar says 150 lbs, but that is my short term goal. My long term goal is to be around 130 lbs.

Anyway, a little about me. I am a 35 yr old female, 5'1", and I just started taking Phentermine 37.5mg, the small white pill with the blue speckles, on November 3, 2011. As of today, I have lost a total of 8.5 lbs. Pretty sure it was water weight, but I'll take what I can get. My eating habits and activity level were next to none prior to phentermine. I had no energy. I work nights so I was sleeping all day and working all night. Eat and sleep is all I did. Plus, I am an insomniac. So that further drained whatever energy I had left.

Since being on Phentermine, I am and have been determine to eat healthier and slowly building up my activity level. The energy I have is AMAZING. You don't know how long it has been since I have been able to do things between work and sleep. I LOVE being awake and not tired, hehe. Oh and my insomnia, still there, but not as bad to be honest. Day one on Phentermine and trying to sleep was killer. I took the pill too late and come bedtime, the energy level was still pumping. I finally made my self sleep, but it was a tough battle. Day 2 was better, but the amount of water I drank had me up and down during sleeping hours. Last night, insomnia came to visit, but I don't feel the back lashes of that. Phentermine gave me the needed energy to beat it. Ick...that could be a bad thing in the long run. Might need to fix that.

I have started a food journal to help me stay within the 1200 calorie diet I put myself on since being on Phentermine. I do allow one cheat day, which will be every Saturday. It's not like I will go all out that day in food binge, but it will allow me to eat that piece cake I had been wanting or heck even some pizza. I feel if I restrict myself too much, once I am off Phentermine, I will go back to my old ways. Do you think doing this while hinder my progression of weight loss? Any tips and advice from you all would be wonderful.
    Last edited by Misa1029; November 6th, 2011 at 08:30 PM.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I think you are doing great!! I think you are on the right track with eating right and tracking. A cheat day is good but I'm a huge fan of moderation I'm guilty of if I hold out from eating something I'll eat three of another thing, so I say have that bite of cake! I have found livestrong.com (its lance Armstrong site) is a really awesome web site to use as a tracker tool. It tries to limit you to an amount of calories per day but I don't pay attention, what I like is the vast array of foods they have the calorie count for, you can put in ANYTHING and they will have it, I like that it has foods from restaurants so I look at it before we go out an try to make my decision based off of that. You can also keep log of your foods and it is very user friendly, and free!
    Keep up the good work!!! Good Luck we are here to help and support!!
    Erin

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Welcome and good luck! You have a wonderful attitude and looks like your right on track! You have come to the right place!

"It is called a Diet because
    all other four letter words are taken!"

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I use caloriecount.about.com/

It really helps...also I weigh everything I eat...I bought a digital scale.
    I actually found that I am sleeping better with phen.

Welcome to the fourms