Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default How do I ask my doctor...?

Hey guys, I've been looking around this site for a while now and phen is something I really want/need to try. I'm just not sure how to go about asking my doctor for it. I've heard a few people say their docs won't put them on it.

I'm 18 years old and 255lbs.[wah ] About 3 months ago I lost 30lbs with diet and excercise- but then I just stopped losing and now I'm stuck and I have no idea what to do!

Why won't some doctors prescribe it? Do you think I have a chance at getting it?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Most family doctors wont.. when i went to my doctor about having trouble losing she told me to try weight watchers. google a weight loss center or clinic in your area. ive found one (kentucky) that has info on their website saying they prescribe it.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

it wont hurt to ask...
    since you did loose 30 on your own you might have a good chance at getting it. I have found the more liberal your dr. the better odds are she will prescribe you phen.
    When I say liberal, I mean does she offer pain meds anytime you complain of something? Does she offer birth control? Also, does she accept medicare or state funded insurance? A lot of times a dr who takes low income will jump at a easy pay check of someone on wanting phen. You have to go in every month for a weigh in, and thats a office visit they get to charge full price for a 15 min weigh in..

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It was my family dr in WA that ** my phen and my family dr down here in New Orleans that gave me my ** the second time... Family drs will prescribe....

Weigh loss clinics are great, but expensive!!! You can also try pain management clinics.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I get it from a family Dr. But ob/gyn's are good about giving out scripts for it too.....
    SIGPIC]I put this picture here to remind me of where I started. April 17th....187.3 Really?? OMG!!! April 23rd..One week in....179 April 29th...Almost 2 weeks....172.6 May 5, 2011.....167 May 15, 2011....164 May 22, 2011.....160 May 29, 2011.......156 June 6th,2011....153 June 12th, 2011.....151 June 21, 2011...147 June 26th, 2011...143 Goal weight.....130-140 we will see how I look when I get there

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i don't know why its so hard i asked my family doctor and they didn't prescribe it told me to go see a nutrionilst did and well i knew everthing she told me and followed everthing she told me with no results, asked my obgyn and he also said to try the southbeach diet well thats expensive and hard to keep up with finally called a friend and they gave me a name of a doctor! talked to him and he wanted to do blood work and see 2 weeks of my eating to make sure i was in fact eating right! after the blood work he did prescribe it for me!! so i don't know why its so hard some doctors believe in doing it yoursef and some i guess know how hard it is for some people and are caring enough to help!!

good luck and just tell your doctor what your going through and ask if they prescribe it

Month 1 on Phentermine:

Starting weight 206
    Week 1- 198
    Week 2- goal- 190
    Week 3- goal-185
    Week 4- doctors visit goal- 180

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My drs wouldnt prescribe it for me. I ended up having to go to a weight loss clinic. It is a lot more than I would have had to pay had I gotten it from my pharmacy but it wasn't too outrageous. I pay 65 for a months worth. Considering I am now a working student again, it is a little pricey but worth it.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks guys. I'm going to make an appt. on Monday and see how it goes.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by brynnie View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm going to make an appt. on Monday and see how it goes.
    i would call first and ask the receptionist if the dr ever gives scrips.. i asked my receptionist before making the appointment, I didn't want to waste my time if its a absolute no from the Dr... If the receptionist says "sometimes, depends on the Patient", then you at least know you have a chance