Close
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Default Alli combo with Phentermine

Hi All, My doctor is telling to to take Alli too? Plus I have constipation pretty bad, I know drink lots of water and make sure I get my fiber . . . Anyone doing this? Any thoughts? He is actually telling me to take 2 with meals with fat in it. I did it a log time ago and well one time I ate pizza and that was the last time I took Alli . . . not a good ending LOL My friend calls it a Alli OOPS! LOL

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I've never heard one good thing about Alli - and everyone has embarrassing accidents while on it. No way would I risk THAT issue, lol!
    3-1-11 Start = 210 3-28 = 192.4 5-25 = 184.6

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I suffered from terrible constipation - as in going once a week, twice if I was lucky. As soon as I started taking in more water (like 100 oz. A day) and having a piece of fiber & flaxseed toast in the morning, as well as loads more green vegetables, I became regular again. Water really helps get rid of waste.

I would NOT use Alli (**don't read further if you get grossed out)

I used it a couple of years ago and watched my diet to a T on it...if nothing else, the fear of crapping your pants was motivation enough not to put any fat into your system! One day, while I was in my office (which I had to myself, thank God) I absent-mindedly took a spoon and my jar of peanut butter out of my desk and had a big old spoonful. In about ten minutes time I had THE worst cramp ever....and before I even had rime to think "gee, I gotta go to the bathroom", I was going to the bathroom. Long story short, I ended up pooping in my office trashcan.....for about 20 minutes. Thank God no one walked into my office. It was a horrifying experience (although now my friends and I laugh hysterically about it). The scary part is that it was so uncontrollable....and no warning whatsoever. I iust think I'm so happy I wasn't on the bus, or in the grocery store....so, needless to say, I will never use Alli again (I never really saw any weight loss from it before the "incident" anyway) and whenever I hear anyone talk of using it, I have to **** up my own embarrassment and tell them what can happen. Having said all that, I will say that I didn't have any adverse reaction to it when I really watched my fat intake....but sometimes you mindlessly pop something in your mouth (in my case, peanut butter) or you think "maybe just a little bit" wont hurt of something.......you've been warned!!!! :-)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I lol'd at your post Bionic! I am sorry that happened to you! It really did make me laugh tho. I am soooo glad I decided not to try that now. I do not have an office to myself and I eat stuff with fat in it all the time, I just eat less per my diet. I would be so screwed.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks all for the info! I don't know what I am going to do . . . I do take flax seed and fish oil pills, now I am adding fiber to my water three times a day too. I did laugh too at the story and I am aware of the OOPS thing, I was hoping maybe the pill changed . . .or hoping some people had some ways they use it and it worked, like only with dinner meal??? I really do not want to poop my pants ! LOL

Photos
    View albums

I've never tried Alli I'm to scared of the OOPS side effect. However, I don't know the whole story behind it but I just read this article a few mins ago about the FDA trying to ban Xenical & Alli.

Here's the link if you wanna read it.....
    http://www.walletpop.com/2011/04/20/...ere-side-effe/

For some reason it takes you to the main page, you have to scroll down a bit to get to the actual article...SORRY!
    Starting weight (4/7/11): 223.7
    2 week weigh in (4/21/11): 215.4
    1st Goal: Lose 10lbs by 5/1/11 (I DID IT!!! 4/25 213 lbs lost 10.7 lbs)

Mini Goal: Be under 200 lbs for our Beach Trip 5/13/11

Goal weight: 145

This is the most current pic at highest weight. I'm the short one in the middle......(cellphone not the best quality)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It is funny looking back, but crapping your pants is not all it's cracked up to be!! I didn't even touch on how I had to nonchalantly breeze through the office with a sweaty red face, cramped legs (you try and hover for 20 minutes!) and a trash can full of my own feces! Let's just say I hope no park bum ripped open a certain plastic bag I tossed away.

But seriously....

Prior to the "peanut butter incident" I used it and had no problem. I also was making sure in was eating little to no fat. What did happen was I'd go to the bathroom (#2) and there would be little orangey oily blobs floating on the water. Like it was expelling whatever fat I did consume. I didn't particularly lose any more weight then I think I would've if I had just stuck with a low fat diet and upped my water to make me go. I've also had friends who have used Alli who had similar horror stories. Apparently you can't take Alli, go to the fair, eat a bite of funnel cake, and ride the tilt-o-whirl without "incident". My other friend had to get her drivers seat power washed after sweating she only ate 3 Doritos.

Alli is no joke!!

I just think there's other ways to go about it without your day ending up being an episode of Fear Factor!! If you do go the Alli route, I would suggest having an "emergency kit" with you at all times to include a change of clothes (right down to the socks), a trash bag, biohazard sticker, wet wipes, ice chips, 8-ply toilet paper...and hush money - cause you're going to have to pay any witnesses off to ensure their silence!

Good luck!!

Photos
    View albums

Wow Bionic, Yeah I think the way Alli must work then is make you scared to eat anything out of fear of pooping yourself! That sounds no fun at all!
    Starting weight (4/7/11): 223.7
    2 week weigh in (4/21/11): 215.4
    1st Goal: Lose 10lbs by 5/1/11 (I DID IT!!! 4/25 213 lbs lost 10.7 lbs)

Mini Goal: Be under 200 lbs for our Beach Trip 5/13/11

Goal weight: 145

This is the most current pic at highest weight. I'm the short one in the middle......(cellphone not the best quality)

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

READ ARTICAL . . .thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I use Alli whenever I have a really fatty meal. I take 2 with meals and sometimes take 6 a day. I too have constipation and this really seems to get things going on a daily and sometimes more than just once a day basis. There ARE those OOPS moments but I have just learned not to pass gas anywhere but on the toilet!!!!!!!!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Have you guys tried eating Activia??? My kids call it the 'poop yogurt' and wont touch it now lol!!

You will poop 2-4 times a day, no joke!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Acitvia would be a good solution to the constipation rather than meds.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by BionicDork View Post
    It is funny looking back, but crapping your pants is not all it's cracked up to be!! I didn't even touch on how I had to nonchalantly breeze through the office with a sweaty red face, cramped legs (you try and hover for 20 minutes!) and a trash can full of my own feces! Let's just say I hope no park bum ripped open a certain plastic bag I tossed away.

But seriously....

Prior to the "peanut butter incident" I used it and had no problem. I also was making sure in was eating little to no fat. What did happen was I'd go to the bathroom (#2) and there would be little orangey oily blobs floating on the water. Like it was expelling whatever fat I did consume. I didn't particularly lose any more weight then I think I would've if I had just stuck with a low fat diet and upped my water to make me go. I've also had friends who have used Alli who had similar horror stories. Apparently you can't take Alli, go to the fair, eat a bite of funnel cake, and ride the tilt-o-whirl without "incident". My other friend had to get her drivers seat power washed after sweating she only ate 3 Doritos.

Alli is no joke!!

I just think there's other ways to go about it without your day ending up being an episode of Fear Factor!! If you do go the Alli route, I would suggest having an "emergency kit" with you at all times to include a change of clothes (right down to the socks), a trash bag, biohazard sticker, wet wipes, ice chips, 8-ply toilet paper...and hush money - cause you're going to have to pay any witnesses off to ensure their silence!

Good luck!!
    OOOHHH my GOD. That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I had to read it 3 times. Made my day!!!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

TisMeMuse, How many Activia do you eat a day to get the 2-4 times a day effect?