Close

Thread: Wine and Phen

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Wine and Phen

I love my nightly glass or two of wine. If I stay within my normal 1200 calorie range can I drink the wine or will it cause harm with the Phen. I know wine is empty calories but if I earned the extra calories by cutting out other things can I drink it??

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yes you can, but be aware that phen is an upper and alcohol is a downer so you can get mixed emotions. Also your body cannot burn fat until it has burned the alcohol out of your system, so its really your choice, but drinking alcohol might stall your weight loss.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Hlost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks! I decided last night that Im giving up the wine and maybe just have it on special occasions. Its been a bad habit of mine for a while now. Once you pointed out that I wont burn fat until its out of my system really made a point!!! Thank you VERY much. Your baby is darling.

Photos
    View albums

I have wine everyday, adn as long as I watch my calories I lose

Photos
    View albums

Thank you very much. Like everything else in life moderation is key, don't give things up or restrict yourself. I like to drink on occasion, its worth it that night, but I usually work all week to get those stupid lbs off again, which since I like beer is usually water retention from sodium and carbs. If I did it every week, or every day, I would never get anywhere.
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Hlost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by grandigirl View Post
    I have wine everyday, adn as long as I watch my calories I lose
    The question you have to ask yourself is that if you keep up this habit, will you continue to lose if you have to get off of phen sooner than you expected or will you maintain your weight after coming off of phen when you reach your goal and still drinking alcohol every day. I assume you werent losing weight with this habit (and of course others) when you werent taking phen, phen can still allow some people to lose weight with bad habits, but once they come off of phen they didnt change what was important they gain weight back. I could understand drinking wine for lunch and maybe burning it off before bed, but not drinking it at night and your body not burning the sugar and carbs in the wine and storing it as fat instead. You may still be losing, but maybe you could be losing more. Its your choice in the long run, just want to make you aware.
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Photos
    View albums

Yeah... Once in a GREAT while I'll have wine... not only is it empty calories.. but it can bloat you up with fluids
    which makes your weight go up and you feel just plain icky
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Remember that wine contains sugars, and sugar is something you do not want in a low-glycemic diet. Try to limit your wine.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Im just gonna give it up for a while. It probably has ALOT to do with why I couldnt loose weight to begin with. 2-3 glasses of Red wine/Carb is still about 150 cal each and that adds up. I dont think there is really carbs in red wine? I checked that out before but I could totally be wrong. In either case it is still calories that I could be eating to keep my metabolism going. Thanks everyone for your support. I may need to go to AA instead of using phen... lol ")

Photos
    View albums

Default wine & Phen

Let me or Dr. Atkins inform you all on Wine.
    which he even says you can have.
    When you FERMENT fruit aka grapes it turns into alcohol not SUGAR!!
    Wine is not like beer made with yeast or alcohol made with grain it is a fruit converted to pure alcohol NO SUGAR.
    don't believe me then research diet and wine!!!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Grandigirl is correct in that most wines do not have sugar added. It is just the fruits that have been fermented, so whatever sugars are in the fruit. But the calories are still going to add up.
    I was talking to my best friend yesterday on the phone and she was upset that she has not lost any weight and has been exercising 3-4 times a week at the gym. I asked her what she ate yesterday, she told me she drinks a whole bottle of wine on thursdays because it's her day off. That is a LOT of calories right there. I don't think a glass of red wine is bad in moderation (in fact, a lot of research is pointing that there are some excellent benefits to drinking it) but if you aren't losing weight then don't drink it for a week and see if that helps. This is a learning process, our bodies are all different and will respond differently but it all still goes back to simple math - calories in vs calories out.