Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy week 2 - NO WEIGHT LOSS

I'm on phen and just got done with week 2. I weighted myself and no weight loss for this week.. I had 4 lbs the 1st week so a little sad. I am drinking 100 oz water, working out almost every day and eating around 1200-1400 calories a day.. so there is really nothing else I can change. Was hoping for at least another 2 lbs.. but we will see next week. Bummer..

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Im sorry for your week! I use W E B M D for my numbers! Like calorie intake and deficits etc. They have a diet evaluator on there that is really handy I use every once in awhile after I lose 10 or so pounds and see the different calorie intakes I should be doing! Just remember you should burn more in calories during your workouts than in the food you consume!! That should get you some results! Dont get discouraged! Plus you are so little anyway a few vanity pounds is going to be way tougher to get off than like 50! Keep it up though chin up girl!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm on week two as well, and the scale isn't moving. I lost 5.5 pounds the first week. They told me at the clinic not to expect a big loss the second week. We lose a lot of water weight the first week, and the plateau is the water balancing out and the fat loss catching up. So while you aren't seeing the scale move, you are still losing fat. Does that make sense? Just keep doing what you are doing, and it will start moving again.

Lisa

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for sharing that info Lisa! Very good to know.
    I lost 10 the first week and only 2 this week

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

7-20-10 234lbs starting weight
    7-26-10 224lbs (-10lbs!!)
    8-5-10 222lbs (-2)
    8-12-10 222lbs (0)
    8-19-10 220 (-2)

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

It sounds like you are doing everything right.

Do you track your food intake? You may want to look at the type of food you are eating - are they high in sodium, did you eat any frozen dinners which are loaded with hidden salt (so they taste good). Maybe you didn't eat all your calories for several days; your body is getting used to the recent changes to your eating or are you having any problems going to the bathroom. Phen can sometimes "block" you which will not show a loss.

Examine the obvious but also look at the "not so obvious" to find out what's keeping you from losing.

Don't give up or get discouraged - keep going.

I hope this has helped.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by blondiebabe View Post
    I'm on phen and just got done with week 2. I weighted myself and no weight loss for this week.. I had 4 lbs the 1st week so a little sad. I am drinking 100 oz water, working out almost every day and eating around 1200-1400 calories a day.. so there is really nothing else I can change. Was hoping for at least another 2 lbs.. but we will see next week. Bummer..
    Your body may just be at its ideal weight...How tall are you? I am going to be completely honest with you, so not trying to be a brat. If you are of average height (5'4"-5'6") you are right in the ideal weight range (which is why I am suprised a doctor prescribed it) and no drug is going to make the scale move super fast, and if Phen continues to not work I wouldnt stay on it. It is a stimulant and does wear on you. I would suggest going a different route(this has worked for me in the past, and my friend just recently did this)...stop focusing on the scale (we are slaves to numbers that dont mean a whole lot in reality) and focus on your actual body. One of the best workouts ever for toning everything up is Bikram Yoga (high heat yoga). You will get amazing tone, which means a whole lot more than any number on a scale does. At my smallest size I was about 170 pounds (comfortable size 9), but when I was at 155-160 without good tone I was about a size 12(and not always a comfortable one). When you are at a smaller weight and just have a couple pounds to lose its more important to tone because you will see the results you want much quicker than trying to focus solely on losing the actual pounds on the scale. So I would invest in some personal trainer sessions at the gym or a try finding a Bikram yoga studio near you...both are definitely worth the money

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Yep I was thinking the same thing, depending on your height 145lbs is not over weight. Maybe you should off the pills nd just exercise for toning.
    8/1/2010=207lbs (2 bad days)
    8/12/2010=206.5 (7 bad days,no exercise,over eating)
    8/19/2010=210.0(7 bad days,no exercise,pills on/off)

7/29/2010<>Start Date
    10/29/2010<> Goal Date
    214lbs<>Start Weight
    165lbs<>Goal Weight
    14-16<> Start Size
    9-10<>Goal Size

Photos
    View albums

Default No weigth loss

I lost 8 pounds the first week. Then I went back for weigh in 2 weeks later
    and had gained 2 pounds. So far this week I have lost 2 pounds. I am frustrated but will keep going until my next weigh i on the 25th of August.

Photos
    View albums

I agree that you're already in a good weight range. You might want to try reducing your cals a bit more. I stick to 1000-1200 and 4-5 hours of exercise per week (cardio and strength). 1400 seems like a lot for someone 145lbs who's trying to keep losing. Dr told me that weight maintenance range for 145 (since that's my goal) will be 1500-2000 a day.

Also, your cal intake may be too high to create weekly deficits - it may just take longer to lose. I find that I show the most loss every 10 days or so rather than 7...as you can see from my stats it's sometimes longer depending on TOM and that dreaded constipation.
    SW/HW: 215 (Aug 2007)
    Then lost 40 lbs on my own: 175 (April 2008)
    SW2: 184.4 (May 26, 2010) Started Phen
    GW: 145 (size 8) NOW size 10 or 30/31 jeans, 8 dresses, S/M tops

Mini Goals:
    170 by Fourth of July (met July 7th)
    160 by my bday 8/24 (MET August 12th)
    145 by September 30th (I hope)

8/4/10: 164.4
    8/11/10: 161.2
    8/18/10: 160.6
    8/25/10: 159.8
    9/1/10: 158.2
    9/8/10: 156.4
    9/23/10: 153.2
    10/8/10: 150.0

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have tried exercising, eating healthy, drinking water, but nothing help with the weight prior to phen. I use to be 110 lbs then gained it over a year. I have been trying to get it off every since. My dr said I am overweight according to my BMI. He said he never goes by weight because everyone's bodies are built different. I am just trying to get back down to where I want to be. And also prevent myself from gaining anymore weight. I hope week 3 is better..