Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default is there a difference between adipex and phen?

I have the phentermine and it isnt doing anything for me. My doc called in adipex but if I want to pay out of pocket its almost $100! Is it worth it? Does anyone notice a difference between the generic and the non generic? Thanks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Let me know what you find out. I'm having the same issue.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Adipex is awesome. Check the dosage on the bottle. I am taking the 37.5mg pill. 15 lbs lost so far with countless energy.

Photos
    View albums

Yeah, I did the Adipex today instead of the phentermine M273 and I can definitely tell a difference. I have more physical energy (I'm mentally exhausted from a long work week, though) and my appetite is very minimal. There's also a coupon on the Adipex website that lets you get it for 1/2 off. I think it's worth it, but I also know that people's bodies react differently, so you can't really know for sure until you try.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi. I definitely have noticed a difference between the phen and the adipex. I am still not "forgetting to eat" but adipex actually does suppress my appetite a bit.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

I am taking phentermine 37.5 and I have already lost 5 pounds in 4 days. I'm not hungry and my energy is through the roof. The doctor I use, Dr. Donald Mansfield, also gave me a nutritional plan to go by while taking the pills. I was told that the phentermine works better and there are less side effects when it is combined with a healthy meal plan. Seems to be working for me!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I've taken both Adipex-P and Phentermine (which is simply the generic form of Adipex). From my own personal experience, there is definitely a significant difference in the two. I started Adipex-P (37.5 mg tablets) in June of 2012 and lost 22 lbs (in a month) with ZERO exercise. I ate healthy food in small portions though. I stopped taking Adipex-P in September 2012.. Only because I relocated to an area where I no longer had access to a weight loss clinic

So now, as of 3/13/2013 I'm back on the weight loss bandwagon taking Phentermine (37.5 mg tablets). I REALLY wanted Adipex-P, but the weight loss package included Phentermine. It's suppressed my appetite ok, but not as strong as Adipex-P. Good news is, I've lost 6 lbs in 5 days.. So hooray for that!

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

Just wanted to give an update on my results with phentermine. I have been using the phentermine now for just over 3 weeks and I am down 16 pounds! Congratulations on your 6 pounds and I hope the phentermine continues to work as well for you as it does for me.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have taken phentermine and felt it was not working. No energy and hungry all the time. I talked to my dr and he said to try Adipex and I still have no energy and am still hungry. It's very frustrating to spend all this money and to feel like the medicine is not working. Any suggestions?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think it is worth the money. I have tried the phentermine, but didn't have a much results as when I did Adipex. My doc in Atlanta has his in office and it's Adipex not the generic for about the same amount as what you were told. If you really want to have the full effect then I would go with the Adipex instead of the generic.

Hope this helps

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have been taking Adipex and have been seeing great results. However, today I mixed it with garcinia cambogia and had a really bad reaction. The night before I took ambien and I did not sleep too well. Anyway this morning after I woke up with a headache I took Adipex and garcinia cambogia and immediately felt loopy. I disregarded it and thought I would get out of it. I went ahead and followed my morning routine which was to drive to the gym and I got in a really bad accident! I crashed into a car on a stoplight and had no idea or memory how it happened. Bottom line.. Do not mix ambien with Phen and garcinia. Really bad combination! This was the first accident I ever had in my life and I will never take those 3 drugs together ever again. Lesson learned...

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

It totally works, ive lost 24 pounds in a month, I also ate a low carb diet and now losing 3-4 pounds a week, NO exercise either however I don't sit on my butt all day, I move around alot. Started taking a half a pill, then 1 and now constantly on 1 1/2.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I started on phen (after having lost 45lbs on Diethylpropion) it worked fine but after researching wanted to try Adipex. So my doc wrote out Adipex tablets. I tried them for a month and honestly saw no difference between the Adipex and generic phen (kvk-tech brand). So for me, the difference in price was not enough. The phen is still working for me 3 months later.
    Start 11/2/2012 221lbs (Diethylpropion w PCP doc)
    End 01/31/2013 184lbs
    09/17/2013 182lbs (start w/bariatric doc)
    10/01/2013 (start phen) 177.4
    12/31/13 158.8 (finished 3 month down -18.6)
    04/01/14 151 (next 3 months -7.8) added topiramate 25mg 4/1
    04/29/14 145.6 (-5.4 month April) up to 75mg topiramate 5/1
    05/31/14 145.4 (-.2 month of May) surgery mid May
    06/09/14 144 (-1.4) up to 100mg topiramate 6/1

Goal: 135

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Im new I weigh 190 and i am 5'2 could.someone please tell me what site is safe to buy this on? Seeing so many scam warnings

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Adipex and phen are prescription controlled medications and can't be ordered online from a "guaranteed" legit pharmacy. Not saying they're not out there but you will pay through the nose and then you can't be sure where the meds came from. I would try a weight loss clinic if you can't find a doc to prescribe.
    Start 11/2/2012 221lbs (Diethylpropion w PCP doc)
    End 01/31/2013 184lbs
    09/17/2013 182lbs (start w/bariatric doc)
    10/01/2013 (start phen) 177.4
    12/31/13 158.8 (finished 3 month down -18.6)
    04/01/14 151 (next 3 months -7.8) added topiramate 25mg 4/1
    04/29/14 145.6 (-5.4 month April) up to 75mg topiramate 5/1
    05/31/14 145.4 (-.2 month of May) surgery mid May
    06/09/14 144 (-1.4) up to 100mg topiramate 6/1

Goal: 135

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Adipex winning after only 3 days

OK I have read threads on “what is the difference…”

When I started, I had Mutuals, MP273s. I had a fluttery chest and some insomnia for the first few days though they subsided. Suppression was great and I had the largest chunk of weight come off under these. Energy level was ok but I waited for the burst of energy. I took it an hour before long runs and that is where I noticed it. Most of the weight/inch loss happened here…I had these 2 months.

Apparently, they ran out in September, so the third month I got KVK Tech’s K25s. Nothing. No suppression, no energy, no side effects, was not impressed. I skipped half the month and felt exactly the same when I didn’t take them. Doc told me she got a ton of complaints about them. Lost half a pound and one inch overall.

Last month I got the Qualitest 5030Vs. Suppression was better, though not as good as the MP273. Energy was meh. Side effects more pronounced. Noticed more headaches, shorter temper (phen rage), weird speedy feeling like when I started the first batch. A few pounds down, more inches. But the side effects made this one not worth it.

This month, I had to burn my FSA up before the year’s end. I told them to fill with Adipex. They gave me K25s, and I took them back and demanded the brand name. I am on day 3, it is like the first week of the MP273. Lots of energy….I was cleaning the dust off my MBR ceiling fan with a small brush…I am not that energetic on a good day lol. Appetite suppression was good though I did still want to eat. Little chest flutter and "I better eat or I get sick" feeling…like when I first started phen. WAY more thirsty than others…I dehydrated badly on my 6 mile run, so will have to carry more water on long ones. Will give a few days to get the holiday eating out of my body before weighing in.

Based on energy alone, Adipex wins hands down. Weight TBD.
    PR guru, airplane fanatic, pug rescuer, reluctant marathoner....

Heaviest (2012)- 237

Started marathon training/WW – 234 (9/1/13)
    Quit WW 1/1/14- 229

Half marathon -227 (3/1/14)

Started phen – 227 (7/24/14)

5 percent gone- 216 (9/18/14)

CW-211-214 (12/27/14)

10 percent gone- 204

Onederland- 199

15 percent gone-193
    20 percent gone-182
    GW (25 percent gone)-170

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm on day 2 of the name brand meds (which I'm going to start a post about but your post motivated me to finally create an account and reply ) but yes, I think there IS a difference. Prior to I was on KVK-Tech. They did work to an extent. About 3 weeks in I was instructed to take 1 in am and then 1/2 about an hour after lunch. This is comparable to me taking a 1/2 of namebrand Adipex in AM and 1/2 in afternoon. The results of Adipex seem to last longer.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default INteresting

Quote Originally Posted by JillofAllMasterofNone View Post
    I'm on day 2 of the name brand meds (which I'm going to start a post about but your post motivated me to finally create an account and reply ) but yes, I think there IS a difference. Prior to I was on KVK-Tech. They did work to an extent. About 3 weeks in I was instructed to take 1 in am and then 1/2 about an hour after lunch. This is comparable to me taking a 1/2 of namebrand Adipex in AM and 1/2 in afternoon. The results of Adipex seem to last longer.

I just called my doc today to request the Adipex be called in to the pharmacy instead. I printed off a savings card from the Adipex website that will take it down to $50.

Here's hoping she does it because the KVK-techs do NOTHING for my appetite suppression. I can handle my cravings but I'm still hungry all the time. 3 meals & 2 snacks required. 3pm still ****s.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phen vs Adipex

Quote Originally Posted by katiep View Post
    I have the phentermine and it isnt doing anything for me. My doc called in adipex but if I want to pay out of pocket its almost $100! Is it worth it? Does anyone notice a difference between the generic and the non generic? Thanks.
    I see no difference. They've both worked for me. I'm guessing diet and exercise vs not dieting and exercising is the determining factor. Not saying that it's a must do, because I've lost weight both ways. I've used both off and on for many years. The down side is if you don't keep it up...you'll gain it all back. Some say even more but I've never experienced that. I've lost 40 lbs in like 6 month dieting and exercising (cheating from time to time) 😋 on phen and I've lost 21 lbs not dieting and exercising while using Adipex in 3 months. Everyone's body is different. Good luck. I hope I was able to give you some insight and helpful information on how the two compare.
    Last edited by Proverbs31:26; April 22nd, 2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Addendum

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Adipex

I get my 30 day supply (37.5mg) at Costco pharmacy for $15!! You do not need to be a member to go to their pharmacy. My Dr wrote Phentermine on my prescription and I got Adipex. I didn't even know what the difference was because I haven't tried anything else and I don't want to. Completely kills my appetite! But....I have to force myself to eat. I get really thirsty too.
    Last edited by sherbear72; May 3rd, 2015 at 02:22 AM. Reason: want to add more

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear72 View Post
    I get my 30 day supply (37.5mg) at Costco pharmacy for $15!! You do not need to be a member to go to their pharmacy. My Dr wrote Phentermine on my prescription and I got Adipex. I didn't even know what the difference was because I haven't tried anything else and I don't want to. Completely kills my appetite! But....I have to force myself to eat. I get really thirsty too.
    Which Costco do you go to ? Mine is much more.