Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default Better to take 1-37.5mg pill or break in half??

Hi all,

Just wanted some of your opinions. My Dr. gave me 37.5mg. Do you think it's best to take the entire pill or break in half and take 1 half mid-morning and the other half mid-afternoon?

I'm really trying to keep the hunger away and wanted to know which you think would be better.

I'm up at 5:30am everyday, and go to sleep anywhere from 10 to 10:30pm. Also up a 2-3 times per night. Given how long my day is, when do you think it would be best for me to take it? I know it's all what personally works for you, just wanting your opinions.

Thanks.

BTW - on day 3 and am very glad I'm doing this.
    10/19/11 SW: 282.8
    10/26: 277.8 - 1st day
    1st goal: 250 2nd goal: 220 3rd goal: 199 - never remember being in the 1's.
    GW: 180 Overweight since 6th grade, first time I remember weighing myself (255), I was a junior in high school.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey's Mom View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted some of your opinions. My Dr. gave me 37.5mg. Do you think it's best to take the entire pill or break in half and take 1 half mid-morning and the other half mid-afternoon?

I'm really trying to keep the hunger away and wanted to know which you think would be better.

I'm up at 5:30am everyday, and go to sleep anywhere from 10 to 10:30pm. Also up a 2-3 times per night. Given how long my day is, when do you think it would be best for me to take it? I know it's all what personally works for you, just wanting your opinions.

Thanks.

BTW - on day 3 and am very glad I'm doing this.
    I have done it both ways. For me I prefer to take it in halves the first couple months I am on Phen, then when it starts to fade in effectiveness I'l take a whole pill in the morning, and focus on willpower and good choice making in the afternoon/evening. The pill usually wares off by 2ish and I feel my hunger pretty well, but it's good to train yourself how to have control without Phen too! When I split the pill, I make sure I take the second half before 1pm so I don't have sleep issues.
    I have rid myself of 80lbs as of August 2010. Some with Phen, some without.
    1st time on Phen: SW230 EW 200
    2nd time on Phen: SW202 Current weight:161

My Wedding, Sept 4th, 2010 160 Pounds!

The old me....and the new me!!

Highest weight:250 Current weight:166

Photos
    View albums

You're looking mighty good Kristen.

For me, I took a whole one right off the bat. But I am a pretty big woman. And a whole one made it so I could not get enough calories in. I stayed not hungry all day.
    Now that I low carb and find myself making better choices, there are more days I take a half so I can eat what I need to.
    But if I go to the grocery store or I'm going to be out all day, I take a whole one. That way I am not tempted to stop anywhere.
    I plan my meals and snacks ahead so there is no guessing or being too tired or hungry and making bad choices.

I would go ahead and take a half early, then another half early afternoon and see how that works for you.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I used to break mine in half because half was just as effective for me. Also, Phentermine made me prone to headaches and insomnia (even when taken earlier in the day) so taking half really helped with that.

Photos
    View albums

Well since everyone is works differently, I figure it wouldn't hurt giving it a try. My only suggestion is to do it before 11am the first few weeks that you're on it. I tried the half and did nothing for me. The full pill is where I saw a difference. Good luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Photos
    View albums

my dr. actually prescribed taking half with bfast and the other with lunch so that is what i did and found it pretty effective. I have only taken a whole phen a few times, and it made me a bit jittery.

after about 3 months i voluntarily dropped off the phen. I had changed my eating habits to what they needed to be and just didnt feel like i needed the phen anymore. I was able to still lose for a few months after that. So it wasnt a problem to drop phen. Unfortunately, I then blew it after a vacation. I got into the vacation mindset of "I will eat what i want cause i am on vacation" and had gained almost all my weight back before i broke myself out of it.

If I had it to do over again, i would have horded up a few months supply before telling my dr. i was dropping the phen. Then i would keep those for things like vacations where i knew i would be eating outside my normal better habits. Then gone back on the phen after the vacations just long enough to get back in gear.

i know thats more than you really asked for. I tend to ramble sometimes lol.