Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default why cant i lose anymore weight?

I have been on Phentermine for 7 weeks almost now. The first 5 weeks I have lost a total of 26lbs. The last two weeks i have lost nothing!!! I increased my exercise ( i work out 20 mins cardio) with a 30 minute walk in the afternoon. I eat about 1200 calories a day. I have done all the tricks everyone has told me. I just dont understand it. Its like i was traveling so well then hit a brick wall. Its so discouraging! Can anyone help me come up with an ideas why this has happen? I do the 100oz of water too. Its just has stopped. I am so upset! i have alot more weight to get off me!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi the same thing happen to me I was stuck at 211 and couldn't get off. I had to go on a 1000 calorie diet with at least an hour on the treadmill. Finally I starting losing again my dr says that if I get stuck again that I need to change things again he also told me sometimes if you don't see any loss but you are still doing everything right you could be gaining muscle so you wont see a loss and may even see a gain. Hope that helps I know how frustrating it is I was beside myself.
    JENPUMA

GW: 130 lbs
    HW: 261 lbs - 7-26-2009
    SW: 205 lbs - 1-11-2010
    200 lbs - 1-21-2010
    185 lbs - 3 -18-2010
    CW: 160lbs- 8- 03-2010

1st Mini Goal : 150 lbs by 10-2010 (hopefully)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, exactly right. You don't necessarily have to lower your intake, the body needs the energy. The body does get used to the same routine. You have to vary/change everything your doing to spark the muscles and chemistry going on to wake up the system. Its like starting off to run a 5k, when you get to that point its easy, but if you don't push farther, you will never do a 10. Your body has gotten used to it and you won't reach the next goal. Don't get frustrated. It happens to everyone. I hit a small wall and had to hit a little overdrive and its coming off again. Hope you keep going and want it. Set a goal each month, not too big or if you miss it you will beat yourself up. This is about changing your life and what you do, not just for now. Hope this helps!!

Photos
    View albums

To be perfectly honest. You have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Your boady has to adjust itself. Give it time it will come off. Before you know it you will get on the scale and the loss will be huge. It has happened to me twice. I would be trucking along on my weight loss journey and hit a plateau for two weeks. On week three I would get on the scale and the loss would be 5-7lbs.

Just be patient.
    This is the journey that I will see to the end!

Photos
    View albums

Yep, I agree with the other posters here. Up the cardio!!! Really push yourself, I like Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, its cheap (DVD $9 at WalMart) and she works muscles you didn't even know you had. Its a good mix of cardio and strength training, and you need both to combat the fat!!! Dont give up, it takes time to lose the weight and you are on your way!!!
    2/21/2010 - SW 297.5
    2/28/2010 - 290
    3/5/2010 - 285.5
    3/19/2010 - 279.5
    4/3/2010 - 275
    4/17/2010 - 267.5 -
    4/23/2010 - 265
    4/30/2010 - 262
    5/7/2010 - 256.5
    5/14/2010 - 255.5
    6/4/2010 - 252.5 -no more Phen...
    6/11/2010 - 250.5
    6/25/2010 - 246.5 down 50.5 LBS!!!
    7/9/2010 - 242.5
    7/16/2010 - 240
    9/15/2010 - 226.5
    5/24/2011 - 193!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    before and now...

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the encouragement. I am having the same problem. I have been stuck at 180 for the last 2.5 weeks. I will heed your advice.

Thanks
    current weight: 180 (and holding)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Silver Phenster sweet_catastrophe's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

You could try eating 1500 calories one day or two and see what happens. Your body is used to your routine and a shake up will confuse it and kick it back into burning mode
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. -Dr Seuss

Silver Phenster SchruteBeetFarms's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Honestly, you need to do strength training at least 2-3 days a week in addition to the cardio. Your body is going to break down some of your muscle with the low calorie diet(some of your quick loss shows that) and you need to be building it back up. Muscle burns calories while at rest; you need muscle for a healthy metabolism. The 30 day shred will help with this. I would suggest adding this to your daily exercise regemin.

You need at least one day of rest, but I would also suggest to stop walking and start trying to do a run/walk until you can run. Walking may burn some calories while you are walking, but running burns while and even after the activity is done. If you aren't ready to run, then do intervals of two minutes walking and sprint for 1 minute, then repeat. Push yourself, don't be afraid to sweat and be so out of breath you are afraid you can't breathe, and make it hard for yourself. This is the only way you can see a difference is to challenge your body to change.

No offence, but walking is the least challenging exercise. It's great for people who are too heavy to run, those with an injury that prevents them from running, etc. You have been doing this for 7 weeks. You body is no longer responding because there is no challenge for it. It's too easy. Exercise should never be easy if you want to see change. Many trainers say you should be changing it up every 2 weeks to see changes.
    Top row is me at 220 lbs in Summer 2009! Bottom row is me at 150 in May 2010! 9.5 months(only 2 of those on Phen) and 70 lbs GONE!!! From a size 18 to 8!!

Photos
    View albums

I agree with those who suggested the 30 day shred! OMG Jillian kicks my butt!
    I totally couldn't walk right for days the first time I did level 3. LOL.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi I'm new to the site. my dr prescribed me adipex(phentermine) I have yet to actually get the prescription filled. I see that you were able to keep your weight down for a while. Was it easy for you once you stopped taking the medication?
    I've always been active but my doctors also thinks my thyroids may play a huge part as to why I gained 18 pounds in 2 weeks. I've been trying to find someone who has been able to not go back on the drug to lose the extra 5-10 pounds of weight gain or someone who may use it just for a week just for a boost.