Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default How can you help Phen work better?

After your body builds up some tolerance to phen, how can you keep it working on your appetite? I had taken it in 2006 and lost 47 lbs. Now, it doesn't work like it used to. Any advice from those who have been there? My dcctor upped my dosage to 2 pills a day. He says I take the max dosage allowed so now what?
    Tina
    Charlotte, NC

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

are you taking adipex 37.5mg twice a day? because i am new to this pill and have been taking it for about 2 weeks only and it is really not working for me at all. I cannot believe afer One week it stop working for me. I have no side effects just dry mouth. So great question lets see what people would suggest you doing to make the phen more effective because I really want to know and not give up yet.
    Last edited by talentednita; April 19th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.

Photos
    View albums

I have been taking it since July 2009 and of course it doesn't work like it used to.

I just quit taking it for a couple of weeks now I just took it again today to see if that would help. I'm not sure about taking 2 a day, plus I don't think my Dr would give me 60 pills for the month.

I had an appt to go today but I'm not feeling well and I have gained so I didn't want to go see him right now. Maybe I could ask him to lower the dose so I can take two, I don't know. I'm hoping this little break will work some.
    Teresa

Photos
    View albums

my dr has me taking 2 30 mg pills a day and i also didnt see a thing change so i'm taking a two week break and going to start again in may with only 1 pill a day and use this tiem to get my diet and water intake up to 110%

Photos
    View albums

Hi ladies i have only been on Phen for almost 2mo 30mg blue and clear capsule and i havent run into that problem yet but i do have a friend that is on it and what she did was she took it for 3mo everyday then after that she took it everyother day for another 3mo and took break for 2mo and is now back on it taking the pill everyday but everyone is different in how the pill works ... Here's what i have been doing .. i drink 100 oz of water a day sometime i add fresh squezzed lemon and it seems to help with the affects of Phen (keeping it working) i also eat about 1200 cals a day but on days i work out i eat 1300 cals cuz you burn some cals off and i do but back the cals i burned usually 150 -200 i also zig zag my cal in take every couple of days so my body is always guess and doesnt get use to the intake. i noticed to that by eating protein at every meal it makes you feel fuller and longer i have been eating low sugar and low sodium cuz of water retention.. i walk everyday 4mi n am and 4 mi in pm for now til i can get back to the gym .. I hope this has been of some help to you all ..wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey =)
    Sw:273 3-4-10
    Cw:224 11-26-10
    Gw:160 to start ultimate goal 150

DETERMINATION = SUCCESS =)

Photos
    View albums

I'm just starting out with this, but what several people I know have done is take it for 2-3 months then take a 1-2 month break, then take it 2-3 months.

Lots of people have told me that your body can become immune to it. I know from my research on the drug it's designed to only be a short term use medication. Good luck!
    SW 191.2
    CW 186.6
    GW 130.0

4/9/2010 Started Phen
    4/13/2010 **Weigh-in 186.6 (-4.6 lbs)
    4/20/2010 **Weigh-in 182.6

1st Mini Goal ~ 20 off by Vaca ~ May 15

2nd Mini Goal ~ 35 off by Beach Trip ~ June 30

Overall Weight Goal

BEFORE:

Photos
    View albums

I've taken breaks before (weeks, months) and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I think your body recognizes it and starts to tolerate it rather than respond to its effects. I will try the increase in water. I will admit that my water intake stinks and I need to increase that anyway.
    Tina
    Charlotte, NC

Photos
    View albums

I take 5-HTP with mine. It helps!
    Goals:

140 lbs - September 7, 2010

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i can't really say that i've been there...even though i've been on phen since november 2009, barring the 1 month break i took...my appetite has pretty much been in check. i try to eat fairly clean and balanced, but because i lift weights 3x a week and i do cardio 5-6x a week...i eat a little more protein and that helps keep my appetite in check.

i have no idea what your diet is like...however, if you consume a substantial amount of caffeinated beverages...you might wanna ease up on them. caffiene will help your body excrete the phen faster and for some, it lowers their tolerance to phen.

secondly, i don't know what time you take the phen...i started staggering the time of the day in which i take phen. sometimes i might take it at 6am, sometimes i take it around 9-10 am about an hour after breakfast. it all depends on my mood.

perhaps you can stagger it, take it every other day...some people take it during the week, some do 4 days on, 3 days off. i stopped taking it for a month inadvertently (started out not taking it for a week..then it turned into 2...then it became a whole month) just to see if i could lose weight on my own. i lost 5 lbs that month without the phen, i normally lose about 6-8 lbs a month. i started back up and it felt like it did when i first started minus the headaches.

how much water do you consume daily? i'm probably a little rigid than most regarding water intake...i don't count any other liquids in my water intake. i really don't care for anything other than water now. if i start retaining water, i may drink 4-8 oz of cranberry juice or 8 oz. of green tea...but i still drink 100+ oz of water daily.

some people eat lemons because that helps them as far as increasing phen potency, some people take 5-HTP (there are a couple of threads about it...you can always do a search). also, if i'm feeling hungry and its in-between the 3 hour period between meals...i'll drink 8 oz. of water and wait 10-20 minutes, if i'm still hungry then i'll eat something higher in protein (a piece of string cheese usually...i try to stay away from processed meats because of the high sodium).
    Goals...everybody's gotta have them

Phase I- 199.0 lbs- completed on (3/14/2010)

Phase II- 179.0 lbs
    Phase III-164.0 lbs
    Phase IV (the home stretch)-150 lbs

Photos
    View albums

This is helpful. What is the 5 HTP?
    Tina
    Charlotte, NC

Photos
    View albums

I have been on Phen this time since the end of december. It started to lose its kick but then last week i started taking an Exercise enhancing Turbo pak called Be Hot, You get it at GNC. It is kind of pricey 49.00 I believe is what i paid. Anyhow since i started taking it the Phentermine is so strong that I have to force myself to eat and it gives me sooo much energy. I love this stuff. It is such a great combo. You can do some research online at gnc dot com. Hope this helps. Also i have to take it with lots of water and wait at least an hour after taking it to eat.
    Preggo: About 260ish Progress: 160 lbs

SW:203.2 12/19/11 Starting over without Phentermine this time.

"This is my life..you may knock me down but I will stand right back up and fight.. and I WILL SUCCEED IN THIS WEIGHT LOSS BATTLE"

Photos
    View albums

My best advice to make Phen work as it is supposed to. 1. Always take it on an empty stomach and do not eat for at least 1 hour after taking it. 2. Stop using all caffiene while on phen. 3. Drink lots of water all day long. 4. Do not skip a day if you can help it.

From the advice of my doctor all 4 of those things make phen work to its max potential.
    Past Phen Dieter
    Here now to offer support.

Photos
    View albums

Default HIII

hI I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. I ALSO USED PHEN IN 2004-06 DROPPED MASSIVE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT WHICH AT THE TIME I DIDNT NEED TO LOOSE A POUND BUT IT TOOK ME FROM 135 TO 115 IN ABOUT 2 MONTHS, NOW IM ACTAULLY REALLY OVERWEIGHT I STARTED 3 WEEKS AGO AND I ONLY LOST 7 LBS AND I HAVE BEEN SO UPSET. JUST LIKE YOU, I FEEL LIKE MAYBE I BUILT UP A TOLERANCE TO IT OR MAYBE SOMTHING CHANGED IN THE PILL I TAKE ONE 37.5 A DAY SO WILL SEE BUT IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING TO MAKE IT WORK BETTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW, GOD LUCK AND I WISH YOU ALL THE SUCCESS IN THE WORLD! XOXOX CHARLENE
    Last edited by 2010Char; April 20th, 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Hi sosassafrass
    thanks for posting you reply on this therad I am always looking for tips and looking on ways to help me pick out better my food choices and I think after reading your post it did help a little so I just wanted to send you a quick thanks post....
    Date Weight
    Start phentermine May 17 , 2012-------205
    June 20, 2012---196 :-( that's all.
    Birthday July 26!!! Goal Lose 20pounds!!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Hi ryleighsmommy15
    I just read in your post that you are trying to reach 154 or around that by memorial Day I would love to reach that goal also..I am now at 170 just as you and I will go between 168 and 170 and I am happy I haven’t gone over that 170 but I would love to break this plateau that I am stuck in..I was wondering what you are doing what you will be doing to get down to that 150 mark...I would really apatite any tips or advise also if you would like we can buddy up to help us reach this 150 mark...let me know when you have a sec...
    Date Weight
    Start phentermine May 17 , 2012-------205
    June 20, 2012---196 :-( that's all.
    Birthday July 26!!! Goal Lose 20pounds!!

Photos
    View albums

Again, this is all very helpful. Angelonline - I thought that caffeine intake was supposed to help boost the work of phen in your body. No?
    Tina
    Charlotte, NC

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

hisgirltina...thanks for posting this question. I called my doc just this week because after just 3 weeks on Phen 30mg (2 a day) I wasn't getting the same effect as before. Just didn't seem to be working + the weight started creeping right back up.
    Well the nurse called and told me to vary the times of day I take it. So instead of taking my 2nd dose at like 5:00pm I switched to 3:00pm and I was Shocked because it did make a difference. So you may try that too.

I ALSO thought drinking Coffee helped to boost the Phen even more???

Silver Phenster SchruteBeetFarms's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I stopped drinking diet soda and that made a huge difference on its lasting power through the day. I also wait at least an hour to eat after taking it first thing in the morning.

I do drink coffee only in the morning and only at least an hour after taking Phen. It hasn't affected it either way.

I slam water all day long. When I can't stand the water anymore, I will drink Crystal Light in the evenings. I get at least 100 oz of fluid a day, and I try to add in about 50 oz more if I ate too much sodium the day previous.
    Top row is me at 220 lbs in Summer 2009! Bottom row is me at 150 in May 2010! 9.5 months(only 2 of those on Phen) and 70 lbs GONE!!! From a size 18 to 8!!

Photos
    View albums

Slimtn, if I took my phen that late in the day..I'd NEVER sleep. Does it not bother your sleeping? Also I noticed yesterday when I increased my water to where it should have been, it def boosted the Phen, the more I drank the more I needed, my mouth got drier than before I started drinking the water. I don't know how common this is...but it was the same feeling I got with Phen when I started taking it in 2004.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi lil_kydarlin...taking my 2nd Phen between 3:00 and 5:00 doesn't bother me. It did at first! During the first week my doctor started the dosage at 1 (30mg) capsule with breakfast. The second week that was increased to 1 capsule with breakfast and another with lunch. Since I don't have very much to loose, my body quickly got use to this so I adjusted the timing I take my dosage. I don't take my Phen with food. I especially feel the full effect when I drink water thru-out the day. Depends on my eating habit for the day and how I feel, at times I don't even bother taking that 2nd dose in the afternoon.

I truely had to adjust my entire weight loss regimen to what worked for me. That included my dosage, exercise and eating plan. First week I lost 4lbs then nothing for about 3 weeks. Since I tweeked my regimen, I'm loosing 1/2 lb a day now.....