Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have seen a couple of references to Phen Rage? What is it? When does it usually start? It is pretty common or uncommon? Thanks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I'd say it's probably pretty common. It's just that feeling of getting really pissed off all of a sudden over something that shouldn't make you that mad in the first place. You'll know it when it hits you.
    31 years old
    5'4"
    HW: 194
    SW: 187 (size 14)
    CW: 158 (size 8/10)
    GW: 135-140

Photos
    View albums

I felt this when I tried to detox the first time from phen, it was the PMS x 10. There has to be a relationship between phen and hormones though because my TOM keeps getting later and later and lasting longer.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

uh oh. It has hit me. I am NOT admitting it to dh though. I have been so terrible. wow! and i am on prozac too! imagine if i wasnt
    Melissa

Photos
    View albums

lol, I had never heard of this before, but now it all makes sense. I am irish and my face turns red when I am either angry or embarassed. I have noticed lately when I feel one of those emotions my face turns really really bright red! and hot too. It normally does this a little but I guess the phen intensifies it!
    Katherine

SW 308.6 5/30/2007
    CW 268.6 WEEK 10 -40lbs lost Plateau

Okay, so I hit a plateau, found out my dad hand cancer and my eating spiraled out of control. I gained it all back plus some. I have now started dieting again... so the saga continues

SW 315.00 3/24/08

Photos
    View albums

Is there really such a thing as "Phen rage?" I have been a real b*@!h lately! I get out of control angry real easy, and that is not normally like me. Is there someplace that I can check out to read about it if there is such a thing?

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

O I have it too from time to time. Man is that bad.
    Starting pant size 18w, shirt 2xl, bra 42d, undies 7
    Current pant size 10, shirt L/M, bra 36d, undies 6
    Update: My BMI is now in the overweight category!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh no! I had never heard of this before. That's the LAST thing I need. I'm moody enough without Phen!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hmmm - this is an interesting topic. Is this something that happens after a long time on phen, or is it directly related to "hormonal" times?

The last time I can think of being really "rage-like" is a few years back when I tried Atkins for 2 weeks, and my hubby begged me to stop. (LOL) I blew up for no reason on an hourly basis.

Haven't experienced anything like this on phen yet - but it's only been about a week, and TOM hasn't visited yet, so we'll see!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Mine is the worst around ovulation times.
    Starting pant size 18w, shirt 2xl, bra 42d, undies 7
    Current pant size 10, shirt L/M, bra 36d, undies 6
    Update: My BMI is now in the overweight category!

Photos
    View albums

Okay this is creepy scary!!! I am bi-polar and manic (along with other things lol). I am in my 4th week of Phen and I also started my TOM yesterday. I have a serious anger and rage problem anyways without Phen and I take meds for it. Yesterday I FLEW OFF THE HANDLE at my husband and left. I have never been so angry in my life. I was yelling so much it took my voice. I couldn't even remember why I was mad to start with. I hope this isn't a side effect that continues. My husband told me yesterday to do something about my moodiness. I got SO angry and told him that I WILL BE THIN and NO ONE (not even him) will stop me. If I am moody, oh well. I want to be thin and healthy. I hope my body adjusts to this crazy mood swings, I am nutso enough on my own.

SW:301 lbs.
    WK 1: 292
    WK 2: 291
    WK 3: 289
    WK 4: 285
    WK 5: 284

Photos
    View albums

i have been feeling crazy and moody too lately!!!!

Photos
    View albums

i am right there with you all. little things that before were no big thing are like a huge deal now and frustrates me so much. sometimes i have to check myself though cuz my daughter will do things that piss me off now but before it was okay.

<a href="http://http://http://http://http://http://http://http://http://http://http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wU5ulp4/" target="_blank">

</a>
    March 1,2007 start phen 177

June 14,2007 start doc's phen 157
    Sept. 02,2007 144 finally down 1lb from last week. :O)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Wow...I'm waiting to see my doctor to get a script. I'm anxious to start. I've been hard-at-it with the gym for 6wks and see'ing next to NO results! I don't think the rage can be any worse than my frustration @ this point.

Bronze Phenster your problem now's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

ikanbeme-
    the same thing happens to me!!! i hate it!

i'm pretty angry as it is without phen. i went through a period where i was mad at my boyfriend every single day for something (though, i'm pretty sure that i would have been mad at him if i wasn't on phen)then we got over our "bump" and it was smooth sailing where i was in a great mood and all, but last night we got in a huge fight and i was so angry, but i couldn't get it all out.
    not to mention one of his "friends" keeps telling thomas to get me to "shut my mouth" and calls me my boyfriend's "little girl" and it's really really really really pissing me off...and that might be why i'm getting so mad at my boyfriend, just because he associates with those kinds of people.

i don't know, is there anything you can do about phen rage? i really don't want to admit to him that i've been overly emotional because i don't want to be wrong....or have him think i'm insane.
    Those who play with cats must expect to be scratched.
    --Cervantes

Never allow someone to be your priority while you are merely their option.

The unnamed should not be taken for the nonexistent.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

happened to me

a couple of weeks ago i snapped and was pissed for like a week i had to stop phen because i figured it was the problem. So i now i only taken the phen monday -thrusday it seems to be ok now.

the rage comes from the amphetamine in phen

you have a better chance of rage if the phens builds up in your system and you don't take a break.

basicly the same thing as the street drug Methamphetamine you don't go walking up to somebody on meth becuase you don't know what they will do.

Photos
    View albums

WOW! Okay you guys are going to really get confused over this one. Now I have always been a little "quick tempered" PMS was so bad that my DH could tell ME when it was happening before I knew. I am taking phendimetrazine not phen. I have researched them and they are very similar. I have CALMED down, relaxed, focused, my two teenage sons have even told me WOW, where did mom go? It is so weird how different thing work in different ways. The thing that bumms me, I can not stay on this med, so I have got to find out what part of this is working and take it FOREVER!!!!
    lessons i have learned......Never fry bacon when your naked.......

3/18/2010 178 pounds
    3/28/2010 172 pounds

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Okay I went off on my boyfriend today & basically kicked him out of my house. I am SO angry with him right now & he really didn't do anything. I bet he thinks I am a moody, crazy B*#$&!

This MUST stop!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Anybody else want to fess up to some rage

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Still haven't experienced anything like this, but I've only been taking phen for a week.

As I did mention, though, I usually have "breakdowns" when I'm cutting a lot of the processed/sugary stuff out of my diet (2 weeks on Atkins - had to quit), or just cutting back on calories in general.

I think I get a bit upset when hubby can keep going back into the fridge/cabinets and keep piling food in his mouth, and remain at a constant 170 lbs. for his entire life. I have told myself that I need to "deal with it," and I understand that it's my problem to overcome! Oh, happy days!

Photos
    View albums

OMG!!! I just had my first Phen rage today and until then, did not believe in it. TOM starts next week, so it is probably hormonal, but boy did it make me feel rage like never before. I was at lunch with my husband and he said something that set me off. I put a string of words together i didn't know could even be used in the same sentence!!!!!
    I have to confess, after I left him at the curb and calmed down an hour later, I feel really GOOD!! I honestly hope that happens again because it sure let me get a tol of stuff off my chest and I can use the Phen as an excuse. Hubby still is on his own for dinner!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i hope the rage is not really bad becasue someone can get hurt !!!! so reading these stories i have to watch myself and pray harder because i really need to lose but if i have to yell and rant and get crazy i think i better talk to my DR

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

don't worry you will be ok give it a try

Photos
    View albums

ok, would it be better to stayon it for 12 weeks and then get off for a while and then back on it? Would that avoid the withdrawals?
    5'8.5"
    1/12/09 - 186 (start date)
    Goal weight is 145

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I read this post about twenty minutes ago and didn't have a comment. I was responding to a thread on the newbie board titled "who do I tell" and before I could finish typing, I went off on a tangent, I think I was experience PHEN-RAGE here is my post

I haven't told a single person. The first time I was on phen and lost close to 40 I told people even my DH that I went to the doctor and found out I had a thyroid problem she prescribed me some medication and whola!
    Family and close friends think that people who take medication to lose weight want the easy way out. To be honest I do want the easy way out, I am tired of being in this condition! Who likes to exercise and monitor everything they eat, I sure don't but I gotta do what I gotta do to get where I want to be and if that means take a variety of pills everyday then that's what I will do.
    If my insurance would pay for the lap-band I would have been on the table months ago. My in-laws were blessed with the magnificent metabolism levels so you can only imagine how comfortable I am NOT when I am around them. I have been told that I was my DH "type" prior to us getting married on several different occasion. Well evidently something was his type because we have been married 9yrs in September.
    AM I HAVING PHEN-RAGE.LOL?? I don't even remember what the topic of discussion was. Oh well, guess I needed to vent. I think I am going to post this on the thread I read earlier regarding PHEN-RAGE.
    7/16/07 238.2 Started Phen & K/E
    7/18/07 229.2 -9lbs.

8/16/07 223.2 (-15 first mini goal)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I thought this thread was about Phen being "all the rage."

Let me tell you, I got it yesterday and I nearly wanted to kill someone.

I own a wholesale business so I get a lot of clients who like to "bargain".. I usually don't let what they say bother me, but man yesterday, I had 2 clients come in and I seriously wanted to slap the sh*t out of them. It made me so angry I couldn't even help them anymore. I had to call one of my workers to assist them. I just wanted to throw my keyboard and have a cigarrette.

I'm glad I'm not going crazy!! It's the phen!
    doing it WITHOUT phentermine after 2 weeks of using it.. but i do sure love the support here!!

SW 220.5 1/31/09
    215.8 2/14/09
    214.6 2/28/09
    208.0 4/4/09
    201.6 5/2/09
    199.0 9/5/09

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am angry on an every day basis. I just posted earlier on the alcohol and phen discussion that I have a couple of drinks every night. I have those drinks every night so that I dont go postal on my family. I keep thinking that it is soon going to be my TOM. I guess its not. Im just a b*tch. At this rate, when I get skinny all my friends and family are going to hate me.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

OK - let me throw in a guys point of few,, Yep - it happens to us to. I am a very optimistic, glass is half full, sun will come out tomorrow kind of person. My wife will tell you that I am one of the most even keeled people she knows.... First day on the phen, I had to drive about 5 miles. I had no time constraints on me. The traffic was worse than I had expected and I freakin' lost it! Actually drove up on a curve to get around a guy which I never do. Glad I was in the car by myself. I got to my destination, turned off the car and thought - what the hell just happened and who was that maniac behind the wheel.

I find I am fantactic in the morning, but very susceptable to losing it around 2:00. I talked to my wife about it.. Whenever I feel it I try and remove myself from the room.. No sense risking a divorce...

Photos
    View albums

WOW, it's just like me. My husband told me he doesn't know what is wrong with me. I have been biting his head off the past couple of days for no reason! He told me our relationship feels strained and did I stop loving him? It's the phen, but he doesn't know I am taking them. I too am great in the morning. It's the afternoons when I feel like I am going to explode. It really isn't fair to him!
    SW 189lbs 3/8/2010
    GW 165lbs

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

So, here's my take on it -- beyond the fact that phen is an amphetimine --
    It also is sooo very very helpful in reducing our "physical" need for food, but certainly not our "emotional" addiction to food. I think that is where some of my own emotionality comes in. Food has helped me cope with frustration/anger/anxiety for more than 25 years -- I am used to using food as my # one coping mechanism and I no longer have that act of eating and food to satisfy/pacify -- however misplaced -- to comfort, soothe or as a method of "cramming my emotions back down by throat." The loss of food is a real loss for me -- anxiety and anger provoking in its own right! So, what I think is important, for me, is to truly find some real support to help with the process of building new and life-affirming coping strategies to break my addiction to emotional eating.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by partygirl714 View Post
    I thought this thread was about Phen being "all the rage."

Let me tell you, I got it yesterday and I nearly wanted to kill someone.

I own a wholesale business so I get a lot of clients who like to "bargain".. I usually don't let what they say bother me, but man yesterday, I had 2 clients come in and I seriously wanted to slap the sh*t out of them. It made me so angry I couldn't even help them anymore. I had to call one of my workers to assist them. I just wanted to throw my keyboard and have a cigarrette.

I'm glad I'm not going crazy!! It's the phen!
    hahaha

I can understand this

I don't even need the phen to be angry some of my customers just need slapped

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I went through this yesterday at a rental car company. I was raging mad and stayed that way until 1:00 am. Watch out for this!

Photos
    View albums

Man I tell you what I have taken names and will be avoiding all eye contact with some of you mean **** bi&c#es!!!! Some super scary stuff you guys have got going on.
    But, yep I have fallen victim to the phen-rage myself last Sunday, was pretty irked at the husband, and i was wondering just how good it was going to feel when i shoved a bucket right up his nostril, among other places.. I was furious and pitched a nice little three year old fit.... But my god wil i be thin one day!

Photos
    View albums

I've noticed that my moods have been affected by being on phen but more so on the sensitive side. I'm not the type to cry...never been. But recently I can start crying without much prompting. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

Bronze Phenster fettmodifiziert's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

When I get pissed off, I cry. broke down and started crying in one of my grad school classes last week, and I couldn't stop. I'm doing phentermine AND topamax, and they both make me crazy.
    goal (August 10, 2011):

April 18, 2011 : 290.2 - Highest weight in my life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 28th, 2007, 03:06 AM
  2. September 25th, 2007, 02:16 AM
  3. September 25th, 2007, 12:37 AM
  4. September 24th, 2007, 11:47 PM
  5. September 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
  6. September 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM