Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default in the military and taking phen?

i was just looking for other active duty military members who are taking phentermine and what there experiences were, did it effect you at work? anyone at work have problems with you taking it? things like that.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I just started a couple days ago and i'm AD. I was worried about doing so, but did it anyway. PT rules are so strict now and I've done the gym for a year straight an hour at a time and saw little progression on my weight loss. I plan to do Phen for 2-3 months and stop. I went to a doctor outside of the military system, I'm pretty sure the docs with the military wouldn't give them to me. I have authritis in my knees, and it ****s to work out hard, but I'm going to start a serious work out regiment due to the fact that I have more energy with these pills. Eating sensible and working out is key for when you are off of this pill. So, if you do go with it, be sure to start eating 100% good and stick with it and the gym. I'm thinking of doing the P90X with my wife, both of us to start. She is small and dont need to loose weight, but we want to get healthy together. I'm not sure my knee's can handle the intense work out tho. I know a guy that joined the military and had took them before he came in, he lost a ton of weight. I do see lots of ppl strung out on this tho. Be sure that you can get off of them and not go back by doing what I said before. I hope to do so! As far as work, I'm not sure yet, I just started. I hope it doesn't affect me...

Photos
    View albums

yea pt regs are strict, we have to make weight, body fat and look good in uniform, thats why i started feb 3rd. i did the whole p90x diet a while back and i lost 3% body fat in a month, but i was barely eating and taking over the recomended dose of hydroxycut hardcore, its a good workout though it kicks your butt, its hard i just started it up again this week and i dont remember it being this hard lol, but its good for you ya i guess, i also have a knee injury and its not that bad. i know our medical will perscribe phen to dependents, so i know tricare covers the cost but my doc wants me to pay for my first 3 months so i stick to the diet and exercise. did you know there is a small possibility that phen can make you pop on a drug test? so make sure you let them know your taking it, i found that out when i was talking to medical. well hopefully phen works, im not seeing as much results as others on this site, i hope it works for me, i just want to get under my max lol

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Heard that. I agree. Not sure what branch you are in but i know the AF is raising the bar something serious. The doc I go to charges 45 for the visit and then gives you the prescription. The pills only cost 12.50 so thats not too bad. Esp when I only plan to do it for 3 months tops. I just got back from the gym a second ago and it didn't feel funny or anything
    These pills did wonders for two of my close friends. They were weighing in at about 250 and they took them for 3 months and got under 200... so thats what I'm hoping for. Dont drink with it tho. lol. I did the first day i took a half (day before valentines) also my anniversary, and went to joes crab shack, drank a few then hit up the club for several more. Made me all wide eyed and alert for sure. I wont do that anymore. Today is my first day to take a whole one. My doc said take a half pill for first 2 days. I have the white with blue spec one. 37.5mg. Good luck in your weight loss! Keep me posted.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm a military wife who will be starting phentermine this week.. I didn't realize any military doc would help with the use of phentermine. I have to use civilian until this duty is up and even the fam practice doc I have, won't help me.
    Im going to have to pay out of pocket at a weight loss clinic too, because tricare won't cover weightloss help.
    *Marni*

Photos
    View albums

My sister was on it and she is in the army. She just made sure she had her r x with her so if there ever was an issue.

Photos
    View albums

My husband is in the AIR FORCE, he said he can not take Phentermine because of the drug test. But, since his been on leave for a month, I told him to take my pills for 2 weeks so by the times hi goes back it will be out of his blood in case he has to go for the drug text. He lost 11 pounds and his doing P90X he only have 14 more pounds to go. Anyone in Hawaii ??

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hawaii? I wish I dunno bout the drug test thing but they ask you what meds you are on before you pee. Its prescribed by a doctor so I dont see why they would act up. I hope I dont have to find out for myself tho. They may ask who gave it to your or something but I think you can see your own doctors out of pocket at your own will. Not 100% sure tho.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmamaof6 View Post
    My husband is in the AIR FORCE, he said he can not take Phentermine because of the drug test. But, since his been on leave for a month, I told him to take my pills for 2 weeks so by the times hi goes back it will be out of his blood in case he has to go for the drug text. He lost 11 pounds and his doing P90X he only have 14 more pounds to go. Anyone in Hawaii ??
    We just left Hawaii last year and miss it very much! What is funny is that when we were there, we were ready to leave after a couple years and now we are so ready to move back.lol My littlest one was born there so I think the next time we will be able to do more since he's getting bigger. He was practically raised in a jogging stroller.lol I miss having the great weather with little passing by rain clouds for that.
    *Marni*

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by dsbmississippi View Post
    Hawaii? I wish I dunno bout the drug test thing but they ask you what meds you are on before you pee. Its prescribed by a doctor so I dont see why they would act up. I hope I dont have to find out for myself tho. They may ask who gave it to your or something but I think you can see your own doctors out of pocket at your own will. Not 100% sure tho.
    I asked my hubby about that tonight and he thinks its possible to take it with a doctor's script as well, but he'd be too worried to risk the chance since he's not 100% sure it would be okay.
    *Marni*

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I live by: "its better to ask for forgiveness than to beg for permission"
    Only thing they could do is say you shoulda told our doctors and had it put in your records. Other than that Its completely legal and I'm not even sure you would have to tell the clinic. But I'm not going to ask either. I hope to only have to use this for a short period of time. After all, I think i'm good to go but the rules with the PT are so strict. I have bad knee problems so it ****s to work out, but I do it anyhow. I just started back working out hardcore. I do 1 hour of elyptical a day. Done it for the last 3 days. Prob take a chill day tomorrow, but back at it Sat till maybe the next week. I feel beat to hell tho. Wore out! You say you recently started back at it? Hows phen working for you?

Photos
    View albums

i know our medical was the ones that recommended phen to me, they did make me pay out of pocket at a weight loss clinic and one of the docs is on the same program and taking phen, they just say to keep a copy of your med px with you and the doc at the weight loss clinic wrote a note stating there is a chance you can pop but with further testing you can tell its not drugs, i talked to my chain of command about it and they dont care as long as i lose the weight, i started at 174 and notim down to 163 and i started taking phen on the 3rd, and im already noticing the side effects wearing off and my appatite coming back and im like oh no dont stop working now i have to get down to 150 asap or my career is at risk... i dont know what to do, maybe the healthy food im eatingisnt that healthy? im eating carrots apples celery mangos low sodium turkey sandwichs weight watchers meals gah i dunno what to do.

Photos
    View albums

How much water are you drinking? Maybe try drinking more water or taking your med at a different time. I normally take mine at 10 but yesterday when I took my pill at 9 and I was hungry alll day and I had terrrible, heart burn all day long.

Are you keeping an acutal food diary? Maybe you have some hidden calories in there that you are not aware you are eating.

You are doing good so far though! 10 lbs is great.

Photos
    View albums

Maybe try adding more protein to your diet? Those meals are marketed as "healthy" but a lot of times they have tons of sodium and sugar in them. They can really stall peoples' weight loss. Idk about those in particular but you may want to check the label.

I eat a ton of chicken breasts, salmon, eggs or egg beaters, low fat cottage cheese, etc. I also eat veggie burgers/sausage for protein. Morning Star has breakfast veggie "sausage" patties that I love! But they aren't for everyone and are kind of expensive. Also some lowfat yogurt has a decent amount of protein in it and not too many carbs. The trick is really looking at labels. I try to eat several mini meals in a day and that really seems to work for me.

Good luck! You can do it!

Photos
    View albums

i have a 32 oz water bottle and i drink anywhere between 4-8 refills a day, i do keep a food diary, maybe its the gernola bar or fiber one bar and the reduced fat wheat thins? i started looking up low carb low fat recipes so i can start cooking all my meals. i work night crew, so anywhere between 230 in the afternoon till 6 am in the morning. i take my first phen pill around 1030 -1130 am another around 330-430 pm and my last pill (5-htp) around 10 pm

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

You take 3 phen pills? I just have one 37.5 I take it as soon as I wake. I try not to eat more than I should. Just eat a healthy wheat bread sandwich or something for lunch and 500-800 cal dinner. I eat some pretzels or something mid day. No more than 300 cal of them tho. I need to eat about 1500. I try to actually eat that much too because its not good for your heart to not eat much. I also do 1 hour at the gym on the elliptical machine... 5 days a week or better.

Photos
    View albums

I know this is an old thread but Im hoping a few of you are still around. Did any of you take a urinalysis while taking phentermine? If so what happened? I know in the initial screening it will show pos for amphetamines, but many other substances show pos for amphetamines. I know they will do a confirmation test using gc/ms and at this point the test should come back neg. because phen does not metabolize into amphetamine's or meth. But I am curious if any of you actually had to go through this.

My sister is AD and had a urinalysis on monday, she is on phen and pretty worried because her ** expired a while ago. She doesnt take them all the time so her ** seems to last a lot longer than it was prescribed. She knows this could mean trouble because of the new policy regarding prescription drug usage times.
    ~Stephanie

CW 138

Mini Goals
    134- July 7
    130 - July 21
    126- August 4
    122- August 18