Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Weight loss shakes? Cheap?

A couple of days ago I came across a post by someone who had a link to some weight loss shakes, supplements, bars, etc that were fairly cheap. I CANNOT find this link again for the life of me and it is making me mad lol

I was wondering if the person who posted this could post it again or if anyone had any good sites?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

the only 2 links I can remember are

http://www6.netrition.com/
    and
    http://www.carbsmart.com/

Bronze Phenster
    Moorhead, MN -across the river from Fargo, ND
    Photos
    View albums

dont waste your money on bar supplements, etc. They usually taste bad and dont fill you up, and are filled with TONS of preservatives and chemicals, etc.
    Trust me, I paid alot of money three years ago for a nutrisystem diet, and threw most all of the food away because no-one wanted it as it was discusting. The same thing happened with Medi-fast.... I have also tried the Slim fast and Atkins Advantage shakes -yuck to all of them.

What I have found to be okay is soy protien powder from GNC (25 grams per serving) Make sure it is not Whey protien (soy is better for women, and Whey protein is just plane disgusting anyway!) -the chocolate tastes okay. I just mix a scoop with 8 ounzes of ice cold water and shake it up and chug it, and I get full. Or, sometimes i blend it with a banana or frozen fruit in the magic bullet. Honestly, don't waste your money on other crap.

Photos
    View albums

Smile

I like the slimfast optima powder that you mix with skim milk in the royal chocolate flavor. Its only 6.99 at walmart and the can lasts more than a week. I also like the walmart generic brand (equate) chocolate ultra weight loss shakes. These are good to grab and go because there's no mixing involved. They are 4.99 for a 6pack. I think worth the price for convenience. Hope this was helpful!
    Kim

Photos
    View albums

Default shakes

hi all! i use EAS soy protein shake (vanilla Flavor) and add frozen fruits or bananas too. I got mine at Walmart also.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I see a lot of people take the EAS shakes so I went to walmart to get
    a tub. All of the weight stuff and whey shakes were on 1 side and I didn't see a single EAS, but I did see this new whey protein shake in a tub by Jillian Michaels ($10). Then I turned around and there was EAS and another brand across on the other shelf with non related stuff.. go figure lol.

Anyway I compared the ingedients and the Jillian Michaels looked better as far as vitamins, protein, lower carb, fiber and it's only 100 calories instead of the 170ish that EAS has. I plan on going back this week to get it. I needed to spend the money on other things or I wouldve that day, darn!

Just thought I'd share if anyone wants to check it out.
    Start Weight: 266 1/8/10
    Current Weight: 204 (-62lbs)
    Goal Weight: 175

Mini Goal #1: 250 Valentine's Day 2010 - Completed!
    Mini Goal #2: 230's Birthday 3/27 2010 - Completed!

Photos
    View albums

I've tried making the protein shakes in a blender, and they always come out so dang foamy... There is one flavor, fuzzy naval nectar or something like that, that I really like, but I can't get past the foam! I've tried just stirring it with a spoon, but can never get it all dissolved... LOL...

Any pointers here????

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb Weight Loss Shakes

I am having the Walkers Diet Shakes. They are some of the best tasting shakes I have tried and I have tried all kinds. I like this one because it is Low Carb. My doctor recommended it and its the only product he actually does recommend other than the GNC Lean Shake. I have tried the Vanilla, Chocolate and Cappuccino. They are $10.99 for a can that has 11 servings. Its a pretty good deal. I get them at vitacost.com and they offer flat rate shipping which is great I usually get the larger $20.99 which gives you 22 servings. My doctor says I can have them with 2% milk, but I usually do a combo of half water half 2%. I mix and match the flavors once I get bored with them, also someone suggested I use the Capp shake with coffee for a rich coffee cold drink. I have been using them for almost 3 wks and really like them I will be trying the Strawberry one next.

Shake Tip: Use a martini shaker. I tried using protein shake mixers and I did not like the consistency, so I now use a martini shaker I put in 1 maybe 2 ice cubes and shake. The holes at the top of the shaker are great for mixing the drink together.

1/8 - 225.2
    1/16 - 219.6
    1/23 - 215
    1/29 - 213.2
    2/6 - 213.2 No Change from Last Wk

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lets keep this thread going, I know weight loss shakes can easily be sugary gimmicks but it's nice to see what are good ones to try.

I have tried the atkins shakes and they are GROSS. I had to choke it down, ugh. I also bought some EAS shakes but never actually tried them.

I have never heard of walker's but I may have to look into that, I find with weight loss shakes they usually taste pretty nasty. I bought some slim fast lo-carb and they are....ew. Just ew.

Photos
    View albums

I use the Phoenix Nutritionals Whey Protein Powder. I get it at Curves and it's the best tasting shake I've found. I like the chocolate, but the vanilla is also good blended with frozen strawberries.
    ~Jennifer~

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i use either EAS shakes or Muscle Milk---love the MM!!
    3/09=187 (my absolute heaviest)
    6/19=175 (began Phen)
    7/16=165.2
    8/17=155
    9/10=147 (After beach vacation-)
    10/12=139

I am doing this for ME!!!!!