Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Has anyone ever accidentally taken 2 30mg??

Hi all! So I always get nervous that I have already taken my pill for the day and forgot or something (yes, I have a terrible memory!) Today I really started panicking that I maybe took two by accident and had to count them out to be sure. Has it ever actually happened to anyone? I tried searching for it and didn't really find anything....
    Anyway, I've lost about 10 pounds now and am doing well. I usually just lurk instead of posting but really appreciate everyone's experiences!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think you will be fine but make sure to watch for any signs you may not be. I have heard of doctors prescribing 100mg per day for certain people but those are more than likely extreme cases where the effects of the drug outweigh many situations. Definitely be careful and maybe start a checklist on a calendar so you remember you have taken it.

Photos
    View albums

Default Hey

Hi there!, I actually take 2 pills of 30mg a day. I use to take 37.5 but new Dr.
    Anyways it works good for me cuz I get immune to it fast. I take one in morning and another an hour later.But I don't recommend anyone doing it unless approved by Dr. I just started retaking it Monday and already dropped 6 pounds!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincessmelody View Post
    Hi all! So I always get nervous that I have already taken my pill for the day and forgot or something (yes, I have a terrible memory!) Today I really started panicking that I maybe took two by accident and had to count them out to be sure. Has it ever actually happened to anyone? I tried searching for it and didn't really find anything....
    Anyway, I've lost about 10 pounds now and am doing well. I usually just lurk instead of posting but really appreciate everyone's experiences!
    So far, no extras, but I'm like you: sometimes I can't remember if I've taken one or both.

Every Tuesday, I count out fourteen 15 mg pills and put them into their own little bottle. At least three times a week, I'm standing there pulling out all of the weekly pills and counting backwards: "2 for Monday, Sunday, Saturday, ..." It's the only way I can make sure I know if I've taken the right amount. In spite of this, I typically forget to take one pill per week.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I carry a small pill box and each morning, I fill it with pills I need to take each day (phen, multi-vitamin, CLA, Fish Oil, B-Complex, chromium-picolinate). You could probably find one at your local Walgreens/Wal-Mart or Target in the vitamin section.

I bought mine at GNC and it is a little smaller than a bar of "Dove" soap and it has five compartments. I use three sections for the pills I need to take with a meal (B/L/D and the other two sections are used to hold the "once a day" pills. When all the pills have been taken at the end of the day I refill it the next morning.

Using a pill box might help you keep track of what you need to take each day.

I hope this helps.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you so much for your ideas, support and sympathy! I didn't take two, luckily but I'm glad I'm not the only scatterbrain out there in the mornings.. I went to CVS and got a pill box that has the days of the week on it with separate compartments for each day and now I feel better about keeping track! Thanks for the great idea!
    It's comforting to know that people are actually prescribed that amount - I'm a total hypochondriac, so when I have a headache, its a tumor, a pain in my chest is a heartattack and taking two phentermines meant I was going to have to go get my stomach pumped! I know, crazy mind, right?
    I got my first Hepatitis B vaccine shot last night and found out its okay to be on phentermine with that, luckily. I was afraid I'd have to break. I leave for a cruise in 30 days and am hoping to get close to my goal. Actually, 10 more pounds would make me pretty happy. Thanks again everyone!

Photos
    View albums

LUCKYPRINCESSMELODY: You are doing a great job. Keep up the hard work! Glad you didn't take two pills. I have heard of some people on the forums purposefully taking two pills even though their Dr. didn't prescribe them like that. I don't suggest doing that at all, but they did end up being "ok".

I'm just wondering, but do you currently have any side effects you are experiencing from one pill that if you took two it would really increase the side effects? Like a rapid heart beat and so forth??
    11/10/09 = 235.5
    03/01/10 = 198
    04/15/10 = 190
    11/1/10 = 175

Started Phen again, just finishing up last bottle:
    02/21/2011 = 186
    03/01/2011 = 184
    Goal by May 31st = 165, kind of a big jump, but we will see....

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybaby View Post
    LUCKYPRINCESSMELODY: You are doing a great job. Keep up the hard work! Glad you didn't take two pills. I have heard of some people on the forums purposefully taking two pills even though their Dr. didn't prescribe them like that. I don't suggest doing that at all, but they did end up being "ok".

I'm just wondering, but do you currently have any side effects you are experiencing from one pill that if you took two it would really increase the side effects? Like a rapid heart beat and so forth??
    Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words My side effects this time around are pretty minimal, luckily. No rapid heart beat, no 'shakes', no rush or anything. I do get a little whoosh about a half hour after taking it but not too bad. My problem is, I will falsely generate side effects from stress. Sound weird, I know, but when I thought I took two pills I got really nervous and shaky. Like I said, I'm a total hypochondriac and its easy to really work myself up like that.
    I used phentermine in the past when I needed to lose around 40 pounds and it was a real life saver. I kept the weight off for a long time but I quit smoking, got divorced and a bunch of other things, plus I just got older so my Doctor and I want to kind of cut this off before it gets worse and I'm beginning a livable, doable diet and exercise plan that I can actually maintain after the weight loss.....fingers crossed that it all works, of course!