Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question How many people cut the pill in half?

Hi Everyone?

I was wondering how many people cut the pill in half? This is my 3rd day on it and it still works but it seems to wear off by 2 or 3 some (atleast thats what it feels like). So I was wondering if taking half the pill in the morning and then half about 2PM would help? I have not eaten any more junk while on these pills and feel a little better just from that. I have type 2 diabetes so I'm sure not eating the junk will lower my blood sugar too.

Thanks!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi. I do the cutting the pill in half. Take half when I get up, and half about 1:00 or so. Actually, I found that half a pill works the same for me as the whole pill -- after a few days.
    9/28/09 - 1st Day on Phen - 221
    10/3/09 - 217
    10/12/09 - 212

1st Mini-goal: under 210

Photos
    View albums

I took half for two months then once I started noticing the effects wearing off I upped the dosage. I took 1/2 an two hours after breakfast and the the other half around 3 or 4. I am currently on a break have not taken phen for over a month. I plan on starting back up again on 1/2 and staying at half I only have 10 lbs to go now

Photos
    View albums

I think I may have just eaten a too big of lunch cause now I'm starting to feel the pill again since lunch is settling. My problem is I still want to eat what my mind says but need to listen to how I feel. I should have ordered an 8 inch sub instead of a 12 inch for lunch!! I'll make up for it at dinner and eat light.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I think I may have just eaten a too big of lunch cause now I'm starting to feel the pill again since lunch is settling. My problem is I still want to eat what my mind says but need to listen to how I feel. I should have ordered an 8 inch sub instead of a 12 inch for lunch!! I'll make up for it at dinner and eat light.
    I experienced that pain. I had to change my portions and start small. The first two days I took the pill, I was running around the office and my co-workers were laughing. I just couldn't sit still and felt sick if I sat after I ate. I'm over that now.

I split the pill. Half when I get up and the other half before lunch, around 10:30am. If I take it later, I'm up all night. If I take the whole pill in the morning, I'm yawning and hungry by 3pm.

I've been taking phen daily since 07/17. I stopped taking it this past weekend and I thought that I didn't feel any difference. When I started taking it again on Tuesday, I was able to notice the major lack of appetite again (not that I was feeling extra hungry). I was glad to know that I didn't have any withdrawl or hangover feelings.

I hope you find what works for you! Which pill are you taking?
    Last edited by Tequila!; September 11th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    SW 241
    MG 199

2010 Mini goal: 199 by 03/13/10

“If you have formed the habit of checking on every new diet that comes along, you will find that, mercifully, they all blur together, leaving you with only one definite piece of information: french-fried potatoes are out.” -Jean Kerr

Photos
    View albums

I'm taking phentermine 37.5mg that I got from my doctor. Last night I was up till 1am atleast so its keeping me up as well. So maybe I won't split the pill.

Photos
    View albums

I wouldn't if anything I might just take half for the whole day. You want to keep in mind that 37.5 is the highest dose no where to go after your body adjusts to that dosage. Some docs will prescibe more than one pill a day but it's not too common.

if the half all day isn't enough you can always go back to a whole pill or mess around with the timing of when you take phen. I work out at night so I don't stay up too late or have trouble sleeping.

everyone is different though so see what works best for you

Photos
    View albums

sorry for the confusion!

I meant I would split the pill and just take half until it seemed less effective. Your presciption will last longer and you may delay the tolerance your body will build against the phen more slowly

I hope I didn't confuse you but in all honesty with me it was trial and error and finding what works best for me and my schedule good luck and let us know what works best for you

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I split the pill on the weekends. On the full dosage (37.5) I don't get good sleep. So on the weekends I try to catch up a bit.