Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Why am I not losing weight?!?!

I've been on phen for over 2 weeks now and have only lost 2 lbs! I am so frustrated! I barely eat anything during the day but usually am starving by around 3-4 pm. I have no more than 1000 calories a day. Also, I try to drink water but it makes me feel like I need to throw up after each swallow. I take the 37.5 and just started taking a half twice a day instead of the whole thing in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions!??!?!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

It says you're 180 pounds, correct? Phentermine is for obese patients. Quit being lazy and just go do some exercise instead of trying to make a pill do the work for you.

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Make sure that you are eating enough calories. Sometimes not eating enough will stall weight loss.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by chechnya View Post
    It says you're 180 pounds, correct? Phentermine is for obese patients. Quit being lazy and just go do some exercise instead of trying to make a pill do the work for you.
    Chechnya, I'm 5'5, and at 180, I would still be considered obese. Only by a pound, but phen is still recommended to people who have a BMI of 27 with health issues. Personally I don't see anything wrong with people taking phen to help lose weight before their weight gets out of control. It's much easier to lose 40 lbs than 100. I do agree that you have to exercise to be able to lose weight and keep it off, but for some people diet and exercise isn't enough. Phen should be used as a tool.

Booke_Maz you have to drink water to lose weight. You could try adding lemon water to it to help get it down. And you have to eat to fuel your metabolism to keep it burning the fat. Are you working out? You should post your typical day, and hopefully someone can help you out? I'm still trying to figure things out myself.
    Feb 2, 2009 - 245.5 SW
    Jan 22, 2010 - 182

*mini goals*
    179 lbs - January 30
    175 lbs - February 14
    170 lbs - March 14

[/url]

Photos
    View albums

Through trial and error I have learned that if I eat a high protein breakfast that I do better. For example, I will eat a scrambled egg and 2 slices of bacon. If I get hungry before lunch I will eat an apple or some grapes. It is better to fuel your body with the right kind of nutrients in order for you to burn the fat. Good luck!! Also, a couple of weeks ago I didn't lose any weight for about 3 days. I found out it was because I was not eating enough. As soon as I ate a little more I dropped nearly 2 pounds.
    Meg
    Starting Weight 194
    Month 1 -14 lbs. 180 Month 2 -6 lbs. 174
    Week 9 & 10 -2 172
    Took 3 week break but maintained!
    Month 3 -7.5 lbs. 164.5
    Month 4: (12/4) -1.5 163
    (12/11)
    (12/18)
    (12/25)
    (1/1/2010)

Goal #3 156 by 1/1/2010 Total inches lost----28.25 Hello 160's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVYQJPI/]

Photos
    View albums

Your probably not eating enough, you should probably not go below 1000 calories a day, if I eat less than that I do not lose weight. You have to fuel your body in order for it to burn calories. Make sure your getting a lot of protein as well because it burns fat.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

Sounds to me that you are eating enough. I take my pills at 7:00 am and then I walk 3 miles and I eat a high protien breakfast after that before going to work. I don't get a lunch break so around 4:30 I eat a cheese stick. Then have dinner with the family. I am doing Weight Watchers and get 34 points a day. Some days only eat about 25 but I am hardly ever hungry. If you are starving you aren't doing something right. I go to bed around midnight so about 9:30 I'll **** on a popsicle sometimes.

Drink lots of water and get on some kind of actual plan. If you'll check with your Dr. he'll probably say you aren't getting enough calories. Good Luck!
    3/19/09 started Phentermine 308
    12/28/09 Drs. appt. 240
    Loss for 2009 67 lbs.
    01/25/10 Drs. appt. 243
    02/22/10 Drs. appt. 238
    03/22/10 Drs. appt. 241
    04/26/10 Drs. appt.241
    06/28/10 Drs. appt. 257
    10/21/10 Drs. appt. 265 wrong way!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Chechnya: Is not true the phentermine is only for obese patients. I had last year 152 lb. and I lost 20 pound in 3 months... I am now 135 lb.

Arizona - It's only 118 degrees today! ;)
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs down

Chechnya, even if what you said was true, which it is not, why would you feel the need to be so rude? You could have really hurt her and/or de-railed her progress. This is a place for encouragement.

HW: 174
    GW: 134

173.1 Started Phentermine

11/9: 179.2 - GAINED after Dr. ordered no Phentermine and bed rest. [For my own good, of course. ] However, gained more weight. Unbelievable

11/16:
    11/23:
    11/30:

Photos
    View albums

I don't think 1000 calories is too low if your doctor recommended it. I know several weightloss doctor's that keep most patients at 1000 calorie a day diet.

Brooke_Maz maybe you can help me better understand what is keeping you from losing weight by telling me a little bit about your diet.

How many grams of Carbohydrates do you eat per day? A healthy amount of starch carbohydrates per day is 60 grams. For myself when I would stall in weightloss in the past this was one of my problems, each person digests food differently and burns it differently. You might try limiting your starch carbohydrates to 60 grams per day and eat more vegetables which will help push food through your body faster. Also if you don't mind the tast of it you might try eating only brown starches and eliminating white starches try taking out white bread,popcorn,potatoes,ice cream,white rice, etc. and add instead brown rice or whole grain breads they are much better for you and also have healthier fiber which will help push things faster through your intestines and help with weightloss.

Also, one pound a week is not horrible so don't beat yourself up about it. You will see it over and over again on this site....you didn't put those pounds on over night so you won't take them off overnight either. Even if it's a slow and steady pace, remember this is a life long change and you will get there.
    Before

After

Photos
    View albums

I am guessing this is someone just taking advantage of the site just for there own cheap thrills....notice the "1" post. I went ahead and reported the post to the Phen website.
    Before

After

Photos
    View albums

Do not become discouraged. I have had several weeks where I have not lost anything. If you keep trying you will lose.
    As far as "CHECHNYA" is concerned... profile shows account was just made today as well. Far as I'm concerned not a true PHREND.
    I have to tell you that I am lazy and do not exercise. I have not lost weight quickly, but I have lost. Hang in there. HL

Photos
    View albums

It could be a couple different things, but you have to remember 2 lbs is a loss. Try not to compare to other people and what they've lost. Just remember to be accountable for everything you eat, exercise, and drink LOTS of water! You will continue to lose. Great job so far!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default We must stick together

Good Morning Phen friends,
    I was so angry when i saw that rude comment
    Thank you Naomi for reporting that person. This site is about encouraging healthy habits. Have a great day everyone!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you all SOOOOOOO much for the encouragement. After reading all of the responses I realized that I am not eating early enough and I need to be more observant of what I do put into my body. I also made a deal with my husband and we are going to start walking together in the evenings. Again, thank you for all the kind words! I will keep you all updated on my progress!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy SOOOOO Headed For Lap Band!!!

Hello everbody. Ive only posted on this site maybe once. Its mostly because I really dont know how to use it. I am so frustrated, I have been on Phentermine 37.5 mg daily for 4 months now. In 4 months I have only lost 10 pounds. I know most of it is because I dont do much physical activity. I just cannot find the time or energy. I am soooo discouraged. Phen doesnt give me any energy, it doesnt make me thirsty, and Im still hungry. Any suggestions????? I am really thinking about the lap band surgery.