Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pandabear8

Thread: Have you lost weight on Phen with no exercise?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Have you lost weight on Phen with no exercise?

Just curious, I know what we are supposed to do. Eat right and exercise! Has someone lost the weight they wanted to lose with out the exercise, simply controlling portions, drinking lots of water, and adding more healthy options?
    MissP likes this.
    Panda,

Started Phen 6/19/09
    SW:225
    GW:160
    Major Goal: 100's by Labor Day! Goal Met on 8/21/09

8/14-week 8- (-2) 202 No goal of 200lbs! That's Ok! Moving On!!
    8/21-week 9- (-4) 198 Yes! Bye, Bye, 200's 27lbs down!!!!
    8/28-week 10- (-1) 197
    9/4- week 11- (+1) 198 TOM!! Birthday week! Didn't meet my goal of195lb. That's OK, I still feel good, bloated, but good!
    9/11 week 12- (-3) 195!!!!!!Yes 30lbs Gone, Half Way There!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

My sister lost 60lbs in less than six months and didn't exercise once ... lucky witch lol

My second time around and this time NO excuses! Lost 23.5lbs in a month and a half then blew it and gained almost everything back

7/05/2009 @ 235.2lbs Starting Weight
    8/05/2009 @ 213.0lbs 1 Month (-22.2lbs)
    9/05/2009 @ 202.2lbs 2 Months (-10.8lbs)
    Mini Goal: Onederland by my birthday Sept 9th ... I MADE IT!!! 9/8/09 199.8lbs!!!!!!

Bronze Phenster rachael.movin.right.along's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Panda, I was on Phen a few years ago, and lost about 50 lbs without exercising. Thing is, as soon as I came off phen, I went right back to old habits, and shamefully I have to admit that I have now gained back all but 12 lbs, and have to do it all again. This time around, I am eating better, and working out 5 out of 7 days a week, and being active even on the off days. I think making a lifestyle change is what PERMANENT results is all about. Good luck, either way hun!
    Rachael

Starting Point:

My daughter and I at Six Flags in April!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I've been on Phen for 3 weeks now and I've lost 12 pounds. In those three weeks I've walked around my block three times. I would like to get some daily exercise in because as Rachel stated above it's better for the lifestyle change. Getting in the routine of eatier healthier and exercising will only make it easier to maintain once you stop taking the Phen.
    3/7/10 - 210
    3/20/10 - First weigh in with Dr.
    Goal Weight - 175

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Yep.

10 lbs in just under 2 weeks - No additional exercise, but maybe a little more active as I feel so energetic. I've found that its best to concentrate on meal planning and actual preparation. The Dr. wants me to get more fiber, so I usually start each meal with a glass of Metamucil, then spend 20-30 minutes preparing the meal. I split the plate with 1/2 consisting of salad, 1/4 fresh vegetables, and 1/4 entree.

I am planning on starting 3 mile walks in the evenings and eventually doing some weight training.

Photos
    View albums

I have been on phen. since may 14th and exercised maybe 2 weeks out of that.the weather would just **** but then i was getting up at 7 am and not getting done babysitting till 5 pm and then by the time i got stuff picked up and all that and i wouldnt go to bed til 12 am. I just didn't feel the energy to walk or do any crunches.now for the past 2 weeks i have had been having problems with my back and every little movement hurts(hopefully getting that taking care of today). but anyhow to answer your question.i lost 28 lbs. so far but now at a stand still but hoping i can get feeling betetr and get moving on the exercise cause i know i can lose more faster if i get motiveated and exercise.
    start weight: 210

current weight: 157

goal weight 145

www.myspace.com/grooverhorton

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the input! Basically, what it boils down to, is lifestyle changes. You can loose, but keeping it off is the key! To do that you have to incorporate diet and exercise! Okay, I will keep it up, one day at a time! I wish working out, was more fun for me. In college, I use to dance all the time, maybe I 'll try that! I want to do something I will stick to!

Gidget- did your sister keep it off! Curious!

Good luck, ladies, thanks again for the info. As always, very helpful:0)!

Peace and Blessings,
    Panda

Photos
    View albums

Yes she has kept it off BUT she is still taking phen for "energy" she says. I honestly think she's addicted to it, this is a big reason why I don't take it daily and I cut them in half.

My second time around and this time NO excuses! Lost 23.5lbs in a month and a half then blew it and gained almost everything back

7/05/2009 @ 235.2lbs Starting Weight
    8/05/2009 @ 213.0lbs 1 Month (-22.2lbs)
    9/05/2009 @ 202.2lbs 2 Months (-10.8lbs)
    Mini Goal: Onederland by my birthday Sept 9th ... I MADE IT!!! 9/8/09 199.8lbs!!!!!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think when you ask this question you also need to find out more information.

1. How old the person is? Age play a big factor on weight lost. Especially for women.
    2. Is this the first time on diet aids? Repeat users often don't have the same results the second time around.
    So don't bank on being able to return to the aid if you gain back weight. It's becoming harder and harder to
    find Doctors that will script for it. More will be following the BMI requirements so either you will have to wait
    until you gain all your weight back or you will have to change your lifestyle.
    3. Medical backround. Thyroid issues, PCOS, T2, Hormone issues BMI This also plays a role as to how fast
    someone will lose. I have seen some do everything right and lose less then someone that cheats.
    4. How much over weight they are.

Most can lose weight without exercising but they won't be able to tone the skin up and keep it tight especially if you are older without it. I will say this what you do to lose weight needs to be continued when you stop the phentermine. I have seen many that will burn out once the weight is off. They do too much too fast and are not able to keep up with it for a lifetime. So if your going to give up let's say all white bread, cake, cookie, pies to lose weight but never really learn portions control then the first thing your going to go for is the very thing you felt deprived of while dieting, My little reward is Weight Watchers dixie cups (Ice Cream) they are 140 calories and I figure that into my total for the day. Now I don't feel deprived and I learn what a serving looks like and there for learn portion control. You would be amazed to see the difference between what you thought was a serving and what a serving truly is.

I really believe after all these years that portion control and not ever denying yourself anything is the key. If you want a piece of cake then eat it, figure it in with the calories for the day and you don't have to eat the whole cake. It has also been proven that when you crave something and you try to avoid it you tend to eat more. I think it would be wiser to just take a bite of what you crave then to try to subsitute it with something else which never really stops the craving. Now this doesn't mean 10 times a day.

Most weight lost is based on a weekly calorie count. If you use 3500 more calories then your body has taken in then you will lose a lb. If you eat 3500 more calories then your body requires then you will gain a lb. Also to let you in on a little know fact. If you cheat really bad on Sunday it doesn't always show up on Monday it could take 2-3 days before you see the gain. Most think that if they don't see the gain the next day there in the clear. There for not compensating on the additional calories that they took in a couple of days ago. They just resume the diet as normal but see a gain later on down the road.

Good Luck

Photos
    View albums

I've been on phen for two weeks. The first week I started a moderate workout routine and lost 3 lbs. The second I didn't do anything (lots of life stuff going on) and lost 5...*shrug*

I'd say you can lose without exercise, but in the long run it won't be as much, and you won't have as many health benefits as if you did.
    7/14/09- Started Phen and HCG

DVS
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think we definitely need to have a food plan so that once we get off the phen we can have a plan to stick to and monitor our hunger and triggers that way. I went a weekend without the phen and stayed on plan by sticking to my lowcarb diet I did feel hungrier in the evenings but didn't fall off the wagon...kind of like an alcoholic I think.

As for exercise we just need it even if it is just walking to begin with. I know my 3 miles in the evening,,,just a brisk walk,,,gets me to sweating something horrid!! I am soaked JUST FROM WALKING how sad is that....but I will repeat this all over the place I'VE NOT LOST A 1LB IN 3 WEEKS NOW!!!!! but I've not gained 1 either so I consider that good.
    6/22/09 - SW - 191
    7/1/09 - 185
    8/1/09 - 180
    9/1/09 - 178
    10/1/09 - 175

Photos
    View albums

I did loose over 40 pounds the first time on phen and never exercised. The weight slowly crept back on, and I mean all of it came back! This is actually my 3rd time on phen and this time I have done it right with diet and exercise. I made that lifestyle change so that I know I can keep up with it and stay healthy.
    "This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything." Scott Reed

2/25/09- Start Phen 155
    3/20/09- 142 Doctor Weigh In
    3/30/09- 136.5
    4/14/09- 137 Start Phen Break
    4/20/09- 137 Back On Phen
    4/24/09- 134
    5/01/09- 131.7
    5/06/09-130
    5/27/09- 128 Start Phen Break
    6/1/09- 130 Back On Phen
    6/8/09- 125
    6/24/09-123.8
    7/14/09- 120
    8/26/09- 120 Im happy where Im at

Photos
    View albums

This is my 6th week on Phen and with diet and exercise, I've only lost maybe 6lbs. So yeah it goes the other way too

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks everyone!

Jasp,you are always on point! I appreciate your input, always insightful:0)!!

Ruby Red, do you think you may not be losing as much as you would like, because you are at a weight that is ideal for your body? Or do you think you have hit a plateau? You have had awsome succes! I have never lost more than 15lbs in my entire dieting life! You have almost doubled that, which is awsome, and you did it with no Phen! So you know you can do it, maybe you have lost enough weight! Good luck to you, I have no doubt that you look amazing, but I bet you feel even better:0)!!!

Be Blessed,
    Panda

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I did...I shouldnt be proud but seriously..SERIOUSLY,, I lost 11 pounds in 7 days with no exercise..HOT DAM!!! that is the craziest thing i ever heard of. I am still a big gal so it hurts to exercise but hey i am gonna be dropping the pounds sooner than i know, so that will make it a bit easier.. hard to jog when ur big.. hey PHEN all the way baby!!!