Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default does phen make u sleepy?

idk y but i can barely keep my eyes open after taking my phen. has anhyone else experienced this any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry no one has answered cuz this is something i would like to know too. I very new to taking Phen and havent lost any weight but it does the same thing to me. I thought it was supposed to give me a boost to get me going....
    SW 182.0 5/4/09
    Started Phen 5/7/09
    GW 130.0

Photos
    View albums

good to kno im not alone

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I started phen about 3 weeks ago and YES I was sleppy all the time!!! But after a while it stopped and I just felt normal ( no boost in energy and not sleppy ).I think that the only side effect I really had was dry mouth and I think it was over by the forst week,now I have no side effects (at least not that im aware of )Take Care !!

Photos
    View albums

I have been on Phen now for 4 weeks, the first week I was restless and then since the second week I have been sleeeeeepy but it does come in go. One thing that helps me is when I start feeling really tired I'll lay on the floor and do crunches or start lfting my 3 or 5 pound weights, I know it probably sounds like the last thing you want to do but it really seems to help me.
    Before

After

Photos
    View albums

Oh also are you taking a multi-vitamin? I just started taking them (I was being lazy about going to Costco to get them because I always spend waaaay too much when I walk into that place) yesterday it seemed like I felt a little more energy.
    Before

After

Photos
    View albums

I haven't been tired at all. I also haven't had a hard time going to sleep at night, thank goodness. I don't feel a huge burst in energy but I don't feel like I want to lay down or take a nap or anything. I was just telling my hubby how nice it has been.
    I agree with Naomi, try taking a multi vitamin. Also, try Chromium Picolinate. It doesn't necessarily have an immediate effect but once it builds up it is great. It is supposed to speed up your metabolism and give you energy. I get it at Walgreens, you can probably find it at Wal-Mart or your local pharmacy. 400 mcgs is the average dose. Some say that it can do harm to your body if you take too much. There are threads you can look up about it. I would check them out. Good luck!
    Hailey, Dylan, Hunter
    HeatherRyan

SW: 2/2009-185 lbs.
    SP: 3/29/2009-178 lbs.
    CW: 7/2/2009-157 lbs(-21 on Phen. -28 total)
    4/13-7/20 Bust: 36 1/2"(-4 1/4)
    Waist: 31 1/4"(-5)
    Hips: 37 3/4"(-5 1/2)
    Arms: 11 1/2"(-1 1/2)
    Thighs: 21 3/4"(-3 1/4)
    Lost 19 1/2 inches total!

Photos
    View albums

I have found that phen effects me differently. I can tell a difference in it each month when I get it. Some months it seems to work better. We have talked about this on here and most of the others agree, however, we really don't know why. It's like sometimes it is made stronger, maybe it is a different manufacturer. I have heard others say that it makes them sleepy, but actually it is supposed to make you energetic.
    But think about this~~ ADHD medicine makes a hyper child calm, but it gives an adult energy. So maybe it is along this line, and that is why it seems so different for all of us. Is it controlling your hunger? If it is then that is a good thing, if it isn't, maybe you should talk to your doctor and see if he could try something different, or maybe a different doseage. Good luck to ya!!!

Photos
    View albums

I notice on the VERY VERY rare occasion that my BP goes up when I"m on Phen that I get very sleepy. Maybe you should check your BP when you are having these problems....
    Laura
    SW 252 2007
    SW 235 April 18 2009
    May, Month 1- 16.4 lbs down (218.6)
    June,Month 2- 5 lbs (213.6) Vacation
    July, Month 3- 3.2 lbs so far. (210.4)
    Aug, Month 4-
    CW 211.2
    I want to lose 40 lbs by the end of Month 4 (195 lbs.)

[LIST]

Photos
    View albums

It makes me sleepy too sometimes. Most days I am fine but sometimes it feels like if I don't take a nap I will just pass out. I notice it does that more on days I only take half. I have been back on it since March, Seems like it did the same thing before as well.
    Height:5'7"

Starting (again) Weight 214 Restarted phen Dec 9

"Its not a plan until you put it in writing"
    If you need fitness equip discounts PM me

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Yup, it made me sleepy intially.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I've never heard of this, but I can tell you that phen wakes me up. I take the pill at a certain time in the morning, and I go back to sleep. I wake up almost exactly an hour later, when the drug has kicked in. It is a "wired" feeling. I think of it as kind of my "alarm clock." I have no trouble getting to sleep at night, which is when you want to be sleepy, but I don't think sleepiness is a desired effect. If phen makes you sleepy, then you may need to look at increasing your dose. Phen is supposed to give you energy. If you are at the highest dose, then maybe you should try something else.

Photos
    View albums

I'm good during the day but get real sleepy around 5-6pm and take a 30-60 min nap on the couch, then I'm fine. I sleep pretty good too!

Photos
    View albums

You know, I never thought about it until you guys mentioned it. The first month I was really sleepy. And not feeling good at all. Then I took a break for about a week. Got a refill and started on it again. And all of a sudden I have been having all this energy. So different from the first month. I thought it had something to do with taking a break. It never occured to me that the pills from month to month could be different. Kind of weird, and scarey.

Photos
    View albums

I just started today. About an hour after I took the pill, i was kinda "flyin' high", then i crashed about 30 minutes after that.........just been reeeeeealllly sleepy. I have bursts of energy, but only when I purposefully make myself get up and do something. I hope I'm not one of those people who don't lose weight on phen!

Photos
    View albums

I'm on my 3rd day and I am SOOOOO tired. I refuse to take them in the morning. I take 1/2 of my 37.5 near lunch time..and the other 1/2 right before dinner. I guess I'm grateful for this side effect because the evenings are when I tend to stuff my face the most...so being able to take it late, the opposite of what most people do, is such a benefit for me.
    Height: 5'4

HW: 223

SW: 192 (07.25.09) *starting phentermine*

UPDATE: 11/2009--stuck @ 183 pounds..but haven't been on phen or anything.

12/2010: I'm back! Went all the way up to 215 and I am now 198 pounds. Phentermine works..but as someone with ADHD, my side effect is depression and tiredness...PRAYING to find alternative! Desperate.

Photos
    View albums

i have been taking the phen for about 2 weeks it is sooooo hard for me to sleep i think i get about 5 hours a day if that i dont really know what to do i really like phen but i also want to get a good rest .
    5/16/2009
    sw363
    5/21

Platinum Phenster texasbeauty1982's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I SOOOOO wish I had this problem!! What I would GIVE to get some good sleep on phen!! lol I wish I could help u!!
    HW:249.6LBS 12/30/09
    SW:249.6
    CW:201.4 06/26/10 -48.2lbs!!! MINOR SETBACK!

30 Day Shred Challenge: 06/21/10-07/20/10
    SW: 210.6 06/21/10
    CW: 201.4 06/26/10
    Lbs LOST: 9.2
    DAYS MISSED OF SHRED: 0

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSU49JR/]

Platinum Phenster texasbeauty1982's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

HEY RIVERMOMMA aka SISTER!! lol I went back to my doc for phen yesterday and they told me to take Chromium Picolinate(??) but only at 200mg...he did say it can be dangerous taking anymore than that daily..also, I HAVE CP at the 400mg and he told me to split them in half BUT here is my dilemma..I put the tablet on my tongue and as soon as I put water in my mouth to wask it down, the NASTy tablet dissolves to MUSH right on my tongue and makes me GAG sooo bad!! I had to stop taking them and when I asked my doc if thats supposed to happen he obviously said NO! but they werent out of date so why would they do that?? I bought them at walmart about 3 months ago...should I go to CVS or Walgreens instead??
    HW:249.6LBS 12/30/09
    SW:249.6
    CW:201.4 06/26/10 -48.2lbs!!! MINOR SETBACK!

30 Day Shred Challenge: 06/21/10-07/20/10
    SW: 210.6 06/21/10
    CW: 201.4 06/26/10
    Lbs LOST: 9.2
    DAYS MISSED OF SHRED: 0

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSU49JR/]