Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default How long does it take to see results?

I was always told it takes a month to actually see the weight come off and for your clothes to fit better/loser. This is my 3rd week and so far, im not really seeing a difference. Im not sure when I should start seeing results.
    Start weight:180
    Current weight: 161

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster texasbeauty1982's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

according to your signature weight u have posted, it says u have lost 5lbs right?? started at 180 and now at 175?? U probably wont see results on just 5lbs...it took me my first 25lbs to see a difference finally so keep at it...u can do it..
    HW:249.6LBS 12/30/09
    SW:249.6
    CW:201.4 06/26/10 -48.2lbs!!! MINOR SETBACK!

30 Day Shred Challenge: 06/21/10-07/20/10
    SW: 210.6 06/21/10
    CW: 201.4 06/26/10
    Lbs LOST: 9.2
    DAYS MISSED OF SHRED: 0

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSU49JR/]

Photos
    View albums

it took me about 2 months to see a difference and I finally could buy some new clothes..that was also with me losing 20 lbs..I think it depends on the inches you lose and not the weight you lose, I was 230+lbs and I had a lot of water weight stored, that doesnt really make a difference in clothes most of the time.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

my thing is, ive ONLY lost 5lbs. I should have lost a whole lot more in 3 weeks then just 5 lbs. Im wondering if my body wont allow me to lose any weight with Phen? Not sure. It ****s though. I was hoping for a better result than 5lbs by now.

Photos
    View albums

I agree with the others...now that I am down 20 pounds I can finally see where I lost it...but I got frustrated as well. Just last weekend when I found some really awesome jeans at a yardsale and my old size 12- those jeans as well fit perfectly....*arg*

Platinum Phenster texasbeauty1982's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

what are ur eating habits? u drinking a lot of water? exercising? u really should have lost a lot more by now if u are doing all of the above right...
    HW:249.6LBS 12/30/09
    SW:249.6
    CW:201.4 06/26/10 -48.2lbs!!! MINOR SETBACK!

30 Day Shred Challenge: 06/21/10-07/20/10
    SW: 210.6 06/21/10
    CW: 201.4 06/26/10
    Lbs LOST: 9.2
    DAYS MISSED OF SHRED: 0

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSU49JR/]

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Maybe it has something to do with being ur 2nd go around? IDK? They say the 2nd time u take phen it doenst work so good, but who knows. You are losing at a healthy rate though, so ur odds of gaining it back after phen are low, so that's a good thing. I love ur new sig pic. U are too cute! Did you ever get ur bumpit in the mail and if so do u like it? Keep up the hard work. Slow and steady wins the race.

Photos
    View albums

I think it depends on each individual! I started noticing when I lost 12 pounds. I have always struggled with my weight but this time I was at my heaviest Before when I lost 12 pounds I didn't noticed much and I think it was because I would not exercise as much. This time around I exervice approx. 3-6 days a week and I have seen big changes on my physical appearance. Are you exercising?

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by texasbeauty1982 View Post
    what are ur eating habits? u drinking a lot of water? exercising? u really should have lost a lot more by now if u are doing all of the above right...
    I drink a gallon a day
    work out doing cardio 3-4 times a week on the eleptical at a level 10 non stop
    and i eat 1000-1200 calories a day

so yeah i am doing everything i should be

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by candace38351 View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with being ur 2nd go around? IDK? They say the 2nd time u take phen it doenst work so good, but who knows. You are losing at a healthy rate though, so ur odds of gaining it back after phen are low, so that's a good thing. I love ur new sig pic. U are too cute! Did you ever get ur bumpit in the mail and if so do u like it? Keep up the hard work. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Hey girl!!!

yeah i got the bumpit..it was such a waste of money, i ended up giving it to my best friend. With my hair cut its so hard to cover it up since my hair is short in the back.

This is like my 4th time on Phen.

Photos
    View albums

I would give it another couple of weeks before getting discouraged. Keep up the hard work! It will pay off sooner or later!!
    Hailey, Dylan, Hunter
    HeatherRyan

SW: 2/2009-185 lbs.
    SP: 3/29/2009-178 lbs.
    CW: 7/2/2009-157 lbs(-21 on Phen. -28 total)
    4/13-7/20 Bust: 36 1/2"(-4 1/4)
    Waist: 31 1/4"(-5)
    Hips: 37 3/4"(-5 1/2)
    Arms: 11 1/2"(-1 1/2)
    Thighs: 21 3/4"(-3 1/4)
    Lost 19 1/2 inches total!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by rivermomma View Post
    I would give it another couple of weeks before getting discouraged. Keep up the hard work! It will pay off sooner or later!!

Thanks girl! I hope so. I just know before when I took phen ( i didnt work out and barely ate) and I would drop weight like flies. Now, since im eating right and working out its taking longer. Funny how things work out.

Photos
    View albums

Haha! I hear ya! But since you ARE doing it the right way, you will probably have better luck keeping the weight off!
    Hailey, Dylan, Hunter
    HeatherRyan

SW: 2/2009-185 lbs.
    SP: 3/29/2009-178 lbs.
    CW: 7/2/2009-157 lbs(-21 on Phen. -28 total)
    4/13-7/20 Bust: 36 1/2"(-4 1/4)
    Waist: 31 1/4"(-5)
    Hips: 37 3/4"(-5 1/2)
    Arms: 11 1/2"(-1 1/2)
    Thighs: 21 3/4"(-3 1/4)
    Lost 19 1/2 inches total!

Silver Phenster
    Jacksonville Fl for Now, Seton Hall Uni in the fall!
    Photos
    View albums

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations! It is true that you are losing weight at the "right" pace, but i am sure that is really frustrating for you. You said that your weight loss goal is 150 by July 4th right? That is exactly two months away from today. Your current weight is 175 (according to your sig), which leaves 15 to go. Since you've been losing about 5 pounds every three weeks, you will be right about at your goal if you keep it up! It seems hard right now, in the short term, but in two months you'll be at your goal!!

Have you tried switching it up a bit? Maybe over other day for a week or so eat more calories (say 1300 instead 1000). Also, try adding in more weight training if you can... apparently it is the combination of cardio and weights that leads to the most weight loss. Also, you might want to try a low carb. low fat, high protein diet if you aren't already. It will help keep your sugar balanced, and when your sugar is balanced you lose more as well.

I hope I helped! Good luck
    -Emily
    Starting Phen May 1st
    SW- 255 (doctors)
    5/3/2009-249 (gym)
    5/11/2009-242
    5/17/2009-240
    5/24/2009-237

CW-237
    MG1-225 by 6/20
    MG2-210 by 8/20
    GW-120

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

ladybug yeah but ur in the same boat as me u don't have much to lose... ur body fat percentage isn't high and that's y it's taking longer for u. i'd b happy with 5 lbs in three weeks!

Photos
    View albums

i really didn't notice until i had lost 15 pounds or so I guess, def depends on each individual.

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

About 25 lbs off and 3.5 months in the gym before people started saying something.

Photos
    View albums

I sill havent noticed a difference.. happens SO slowly but am wearing smaller clothes so obviously something happend along the way. I dont weigh myself very much bcz it usually just makes me mad.. so i try to aviod it.

Photos
    View albums

I've been on it a little over 2 months, and have lost 35.....the entire first month I think I lost around 10. Sometimes I think people just start out slower then others. I have just recently started noticing the weight being gone, but when I look at myself I still look the same to me. I compared pics to the begining though, and theres a much bigger change then I could have imagined!! just stick with it!!! Eat healthy, and exercise exercise exercise!!!

Photos
    View albums

shoot, im wondering the same thing...but i do notice a difference in my clothes...plus the scale is moving....so, im just gonna keep going. i have been on and off phen too for a while...but, i guess if u excercise, eat right, and drink water, the weight has to come off.
    Rebecca

SW: 213
    CW: 201(4/20/09)
    CW: 196(4/25/09)
    CW: 195(5/1/09) had a bad week!
    CW: 193 (5/9/09)stopping phen!!!!!!
    CW: 192 (6/28/09) not bad..for not really tryin
    GW: 150

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by ethansmommy23 View Post
    ladybug yeah but ur in the same boat as me u don't have much to lose... ur body fat percentage isn't high and that's y it's taking longer for u. i'd b happy with 5 lbs in three weeks!
    Ive never had my body fat taken except plugging my numbers on a website somewhere to determine my body fat. And it says im 29%. Which is A LOT!!

Im going to start keeping a journal, b/c i want to know exactly how many calories im taking in and what im eating.

I know you kept a journal, did you find it helpful?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Did you get your medicine from a Doctor & pharmacy? Or is this one ordered form online or a weight loss clinic? From what I have been told, the ones online and the ones from a weight loss clinic are not the same as the ones at your local pharmacy.

Photos
    View albums

I think it just depends on how much you need to lose.I got mine from a weight loss clinic and they worked fine. I would definitely suggest keeping a journal. That had helped me so much because if you dont lose,sometimes you can look back at it and see what you could change going forward. Definitely see what your body fat percentage is. At my gym they say not to focus so much on the scale but to focus on your body fat dropping because you can weigh a low amount but look like you weigh more because your body fat is higher.In order for it to decrease you have to build muscle. You can do it girl! DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. You are working hard and it will come off soon, I promise.

"Today happened the way it did, so that tomorrow could happen the way it should"[/B]

1st WI 2/2/09-190
    2nd WI 2/18/09-177
    WI at home 2/22/08-175
    3rd WI 3/2/09-172
    WI at gym 3/16/09-169
    WI at gym 3/26/09-165
    WI at gym 4/9/09-163 No longer taking Phen
    WI at gym 4/20/09-159.5
    WI 5/9/09-155

10 more lbs to goal!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ann123 View Post
    Did you get your medicine from a Doctor & pharmacy? Or is this one ordered form online or a weight loss clinic? From what I have been told, the ones online and the ones from a weight loss clinic are not the same as the ones at your local pharmacy.
    the ones on line are fake

mine are from my doctor and have been for the last 2 years.

people get scammed out of 100's of dollars a day thinking they can buy phen on line. They cant!!

Phen is only controlled by doctors because its a "controlled substance".

Photos
    View albums

hang in there girl
    I am a very slow loser also
    finally after 3mths down 20lbs
    seems like many people were down that the 1st month
    so dont give up
    finally after those 20lbs I have noticed a difference and smaller size
    but I still have a long way to go and not going to give up

Height 5'10
    Start Jan 2010 185.8
    Cruise April 2010 177.8
    Current 5/18/10 190.2
    ( went on cruise and since then have lost track of diet and exercise but i am back on track now )

start weight Jan 2009 241.8lbs
    1 year total Dec 2009 185.8
    total lost 2009 56lbs

was size 18/20 now size 12

goal weight 175lbs 50lbs lost 15lbs to go

Photos
    View albums

I could see results within a week but everyone is different. Keep it up girl, and you will see some major results!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by ldybugn01 View Post
    the ones on line are fake

mine are from my doctor and have been for the last 2 years.

people get scammed out of 100's of dollars a day thinking they can buy phen on line. They cant!!

Phen is only controlled by doctors because its a "controlled substance".

You are right! That is what my doctor said. Try not to get discouraged. It will happen before you know it. I have not lost anything this week. ( it is my 3rd week) and I am just trying to remember we all have different bodies and what happens for one person may not happen to me that way. We are all sitting here comparing stories and results.....of course we all want the fast weight loss, but it will not be like that for everyone.

Silver Phenster haydensmomma7407's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I've been on it since the beginning of April and have only lost 8 lbs. I was starting to think I'm the only one and that Phen just doesn't work for me....but we'll see! I'm trying to stick with it!
    Day One: 4-9-09-174lbs--home scale
    4-20-09-164.5lbs--home scale

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by ldybugn01 View Post
    I drink a gallon a day
    work out doing cardio 3-4 times a week on the eleptical at a level 10 non stop
    and i eat 1000-1200 calories a day

so yeah i am doing everything i should be
    an hour on the elliptical on level 10 plus raising a toddler? Maybe you are not eating enough? Have you tried raising your calories? I show my best results when I change it up every day. 800, 1000, 1200, 800 Also I have heard that the less you have to lose or the closer you get the harder it is to lose them. Keep on keepin on.
    Height:5'7"

Starting (again) Weight 214 Restarted phen Dec 9

"Its not a plan until you put it in writing"
    If you need fitness equip discounts PM me

Photos
    View albums

well i have 25 lbs to lose. Thats a lot to me. So, it gets frustrating when its not coming off as fast as I would like for it to.

But M~M, im going to start weighing myself like your signature pic is doing. No wonder I get so mad at the scale, I throw it out the window every morning. Im doing it wrong. HAHA

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

hey plugging ur numbers into those sites r not accurate at all bc it doesn't figure in ur muscle and ur lean and muscular.. one of those little pincher things is what u need... now that i've seen ur bare tummy i know it's not possible for ur body fat percentage to b that high.. but yeah keeping a journal helped a lot bc it was easy for me to grab one of ethan's chicken nuggetts and forget about it... with me journaling i made myself write it down then most of the time i'd decide it just wasn't worth it to go to all that trouble for one chicken nugget.

Photos
    View albums

Hi!
    I am new around here, but i just wanted to let you know i started my journey in December 08. Now, I didn't take the pill every day, I'd say i took it every other day and sometimes I didn't take it for a week. Basically i used 3 prescriptions in 6 months. Mine came off very slowly. I have lost about 24 lbs total from december to may.
    But i can remember feeling like you do - to be honest, I really wasn't able to tell a big difference until about a 15 lb loss and I didn't have to wear the fat pants anymore.
    And when the weight loss is really slow it is frustrating, but hang in there! For the last 3 weeks I have not lost a pound, so I know how you are feeling! Good luck.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by ethansmommy23 View Post
    hey plugging ur numbers into those sites r not accurate at all bc it doesn't figure in ur muscle and ur lean and muscular.. one of those little pincher things is what u need... now that i've seen ur bare tummy i know it's not possible for ur body fat percentage to b that high.. but yeah keeping a journal helped a lot bc it was easy for me to grab one of ethan's chicken nuggetts and forget about it... with me journaling i made myself write it down then most of the time i'd decide it just wasn't worth it to go to all that trouble for one chicken nugget.
    Hey girl. Did you buy a food journal, or did you just get like a blank note book?

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

just a blank notebook... i'd document my weight once a week (i weigh every day though) i would write down what workouts i did and estimate the calories i burned and write down everything i ate... i always try to have at least a 1000 calorie deficit a day...

Photos
    View albums

I'm also a slow loser. I have lost a total of 20 in 10 weeks, The first month was the fastest 11. I have not really noticed a difference. Maybe because in the last 8 years my weight has been up and down from 130 to 168. When I start getting into the sixty's, I start to diet.
    Last edited by Mels; May 8th, 2009 at 01:02 AM.